Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like an expensive solution for a problem that really isn't that bad...
Charging one of those units takes 10+ hours on a 12v charger. This reduces it to 1.5 hours. It solves some problems for people who want to do electric camping vs gas. I should have enough capacity each day to cook and heat water. With some driving I can top both off and be read for another day. Previously this wasn't possible in a clean solution like this.

Bonus feature: You can charge your cars battery from your ecoflows. When your alternator goes out in a mud puddle and you get stuck somewhere on the trail, these battery could give you enough juice to get out.

But yes, it's expensive to do electric camping or any 12v system for that matter. The redarc systems go well into the thousands.
Sponsored

OP
OP
drvahe

drvahe

Wildtrak
First Name
Vahe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Charging one of those units takes 10+ hours on a 12v charger. This reduces it to 1.5 hours. It solves some problems for people who want to do electric camping vs gas. I should have enough capacity each day to cook and heat water. With some driving I can top both off and be read for another day. Previously this wasn't possible in a clean solution like this.

Bonus feature: You can charge your cars battery from your ecoflows. When your alternator goes out in a mud puddle and you get stuck somewhere on the trail, these battery could give you enough juice to get out.

But yes, it's expensive to do electric camping or any 12v system for that matter. The redarc systems go well into the thousands.
Very well explained, 🙌🏻

OP
OP
drvahe

drvahe

Wildtrak
First Name
Vahe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow. I’m really surprised EcoFlow allows you to set the low voltage disconnect for the starter battery as low as 11V. That doesn’t make any sense. Like the guy said in the video, finer control of this setting would be nice, but setting it at 13V would be fine.
Well my question is, let’s imagine ecoflow is charging and you turning off your bronco, ecoflow keeps pulling ~66 amps from your battery till it will reach the threshold let’s say 13v , what if you turn your car on at that moment, what’s going to happened?

Last edited:

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well my question is, let’s imagine ecoflow is charging and you turning off your bronco, ecoflow keeps pulling ~66 amps from your battery till it will reach the threshold let’s say 13v , what if you turn your car on at that moment, what’s going to happened?
Your voltage will drop, their inverter will disconnect, and you’re fine.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, 13V will still be enough for the starter battery to crank the engine. Once it’s running, the alternator should be outing out more than 13V and the Ecoflow will continue to charge.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I will be doing this solution, I almost went Victron DC/DC but this going to cost less and cleaner installation. I have a hard wire from the battery to my rear dedicated for my onboard air, but I want to move to a rear power port solution for multi use. I will be using the EcoFlow 800w, EcoFlow Delta2, and an Anker 521. This gives me the flexibility of reusing some of this outside the bronco if needed and I dont have to always be lugging around extra weight.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I understanding that the EcoFlow alternator charger will not interface with other portable power stations? Are people forced into using only EcoFlow products?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Am I understanding that the EcoFlow alternator charger will not interface with other portable power stations? Are people forced into using only EcoFlow products?
correct. XT150 Output to either an EcoFlow brand or other. Its listed in the compatibility notes.

Portable Power Station or Extra Battery
The 800W Alternator Charger is connected to the extra battery port (XT150) of the EcoFlow portable power station or extra battery via the XT150 Output Cable. Please make sure your EcoFlow portable power station or extra battery has a port of this kind.

Sponsored