First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what about the center? i wonder if i need to upgrade the middle dash or if the corners will be ok by themselves?
The middle is important. I bought two pairs of the Hertz and a Pair of Infinity. I played around with them and liked hertz in the rear and center front and Infinity in the corners. I want to add power to the kick 6” to help move the lower frequency sound stage forward a bit.

BadBuckeye

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tbruz

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Tahoe 2-door, 1976 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badbuckeye,
I'll split a set with you. Will need to figure out the logistics-and split a set of harnesses as well.
Tbruz

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know this thread is somewhat old, but it's surprising how much better the system sounds with turning off the active noise canceling nonsense with Forscan. It's crazy that someone at Ford hasn't realized that they are actually making things worse with that really crappy 'feature'

Sponsored

Brian2011

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this thread is somewhat old, but it's surprising how much better the system sounds with turning off the active noise canceling nonsense with Forscan. It's crazy that someone at Ford hasn't realized that they are actually making things worse with that really crappy 'feature'
What part of forscan is that everything I have read say factory settings for the B/O system are the better bet? even with upgraded 6.5 rear pods, have not seen anything definitive for changes to forscan for better sound,

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What part of forscan is that everything I have read say factory settings for the B/O system are the better bet? even with upgraded 6.5 rear pods, have not seen anything definitive for changes to forscan for better sound,
Ford Bronco Easiest B&O upgrade? 1000006907

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one that thinks the B&O 10 speaker system sounds good??? :oops:
Not at all, I have no issues with the B&O, in fact I have an Alpine 5 channel amp & JL Sub ready to go and haven't found the need yet! lol
I am currently driving a Charger Hellcat while my Bronco is in the shop. It has the Alpine system in it. It's probably a bit louder than the B&O, but the B&O blows the Alpine away in sound quality!

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, son's 08 Civic, wife's biz 22 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The middle is important. I bought two pairs of the Hertz and a Pair of Infinity. I played around with them and liked hertz in the rear and center front and Infinity in the corners. I want to add power to the kick 6” to help move the lower frequency sound stage forward a bit.
I got the sides replaced no issues. I can’t get the screws off from the accessory mount in the middle. Do you recall were the screws straight up and down, at an angle? I read t-20 but I can get it to move.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the sides replaced no issues. I can’t get the screws off from the accessory mount in the middle. Do you recall were the screws straight up and down, at an angle? I read t-20 but I can get it to move.
They are at an obscure slight angle forward towards the windshield. T-20 sounds right, but Just take a variety of 1/4 drive torx bit and a ratchet set up with 1/4” socket. I used a piece of electrical tape to get a tight friction fit, bit to socket, to keep it from falling off.

Sponsored

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, son's 08 Civic, wife's biz 22 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They are at an obscure slight angle forward towards the windshield. T-20 sounds right, but Just take a variety of 1/4 drive torx bit and a ratchet set up with 1/4” socket. I used a piece of electrical tape to get a tight friction fit, bit to socket, to keep it from falling off.
Thanks. I tried for 15 minutes, literally 2 after I posted I got them off. I had to change my ratchet to a smaller one. Just needed to post I guess. 🤣 didn’t pop any clips. 🤣🤣
All 3 fronts are replaced. Still holding off on the kick panels and sub. I can tell a difference in the dash speakers, much crisper and the voices are easier to hear.
Still debating on forscan. Will it make any noticeable improvements to the sound since all I’ve done is alpines in the dash and 6.75 kickers on the roll bar?

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. I tried for 15 minutes, literally 2 after I posted I got them off. I had to change my ratchet to a smaller one. Just needed to post I guess. 🤣 didn’t pop any clips. 🤣🤣
All 3 fronts are replaced. Still holding off on the kick panels and sub. I can tell a difference in the dash speakers, much crisper and the voices are easier to hear.
Still debating on forscan. Will it make any noticeable improvements to the sound since all I’ve done is alpines in the dash and 6.75 kickers on the roll bar?
there are a lot of functions in the sound settings of the unit, I doubt forescan can unlock some secret DSP functionality. I did the full rear sub panel clip apgrade and dynamat in the cargo area. I added rubber isolators to all the sub box hard mounting points. That really helped. It’s still missing mids and lows forward. I’m gonna use the highest efficiency kicks panel 6” single voice coil I can find.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

there are a lot of functions in the sound settings of the unit, I doubt forescan can unlock some secret DSP functionality. I did the full rear sub panel clip apgrade and dynamat in the cargo area. I added rubber isolators to all the sub box hard mounting points. That really helped. It’s still missing mids and lows forward. I’m gonna use the highest efficiency kicks panel 6” single voice coil I can find.
Memphis MJP6.
Sponsored