Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tahoe, 21 3500 Chevy , 21 Lexus IS 300
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello,

I have a 22.5 Bronco Wildtrak, with the B&O sound system. It’s okay at best. Does anyone know of anything that offers a good improvement without too many modifications to the stock system? I’m thinking a new amp or drop in sub……?
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Some good threads on this subject exist especially on upgrades.

Mostly ignore the "B&O" part except that you have a sub box already. Others have modified those for a better sub and used that space for a proper amp.

The B&O system isn't good enough on its own to disqualify it from just needing all the same upgrades as the base stereo.

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I provide many upgrade options for the b & o system .

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Lots of info here : I know it's alot of pages, but well worth the time to go through it and really see all the different approaches (well not that different) people have taken.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b-o-sound-system-complete-upgrade-done-✅.41031/

Short summary - You can probably go through and swap out speakers with Metra wire adapters (no cutting) for all the main speakers (3 across the dash and the 2 rear pods) Others have taken the approach of upgrading the rear pods with the SSV or Mabett 6.5 inch pods (I couldn't - Raptor) and some have argued that kick panels can't or shouldn't be upgraded without an amp - a few (myself included) took a chance on some ultra high efficiency Memphis speakers and they provide the necessary mid fill from there - no additional amp needed for any of the main speakers.

For the sub you can go with the seemingly fan favorite here the Kicker Comp R 8" (fit our B&O enclosure with absolutely minimal trimming (a small centering tab at the bottom and new holes to be drilled for mounting. The speaker itself needs to lose the beauty ring with the "Kicker" logo. Get the 4ohm dual voice coil and wire it in parallel to take it to 2 ohm. Paired with the kicker key 500.1 amp running at 300 watts it is perfect. Remote volume knob and some poly fill in all the speaker locations and you will be all set.

My setup mostly from Crutchfield since they include the adapters and have great customer service :
5 Infinity Reference 407F speakers (I have a spare) so easy to install
Pair of Memphis MJP6 for kick panels (sold separately)
Kicker Comp R 8" 4Ohm Dual Voice Coil Sub
Kicker Key 500.1 Amp
Kicker remote volume knob
Bag of poly fill
Wiring (I already installed a power distro block in the rear when I did my onboard air so that made it easier and I have the slide out tailgate which gave me a hollow area under the floor to mount my amp and run wiring)

Happy to chat more if you want
Ford Bronco B&O upgrade advice? PXL_20240316_001957488
Ford Bronco B&O upgrade advice? PXL_20240316_005305105
Ford Bronco B&O upgrade advice? PXL_20240316_002009675
Ford Bronco B&O upgrade advice? PXL_20230702_152429590
Ford Bronco B&O upgrade advice? PXL_20240309_151452381 (1)
Ford Bronco B&O upgrade advice? PXL_20240309_022545623 (1)
Ford Bronco B&O upgrade advice? PXL_20240309_024739671
Ford Bronco B&O upgrade advice? PXL_20240311_011040910 (1)

Switchworks_Kyle

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For an easy plug-n-play solution you can upgrade your rear speaker pods with our SSV pods. They come in 3 options based on how you want them to sound, Unloaded(add your own speaker), loaded with SSV 6.5" speaker or loaded with Kicker 6.5" speaker. Check the link below for more details on our pods.
https://ssvworks.com/collections/bronco

You can DM us for a discount code to our site too
Sponsored