Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are looking for bare bones effort and cost upgrade, just replace the two dash speakers with a pair that does well in the high range. It'll really bring the music to life as the Bronco B&O is missing the highs pretty badly IMO. I threw in some Alpine S-S40 for under $100 and the difference was VERY noticeable without having to change anything else. Night and day difference.

Great cheap way to get started.
The link you provided is great, but these speakers are no longer available
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The easiest way to improve the tone quality with the B&O is to play music from your android or Apple device. The tone and especially the bass is way better then when listening to SAT or FM.

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are looking for bare bones effort and cost upgrade, just replace the two dash speakers with a pair that does well in the high range. It'll really bring the music to life as the Bronco B&O is missing the highs pretty badly IMO. I threw in some Alpine S-S40 for under $100 and the difference was VERY noticeable without having to change anything else. Night and day difference.

Great cheap way to get started.
Couple of questions, since the last audio upgrade I did was at least 20 years ago…….is this plug and play or will I need to get wiring harnesses? Any tips on making installation easier? I just bought them on Amazon and looking forward getting the improvements

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couple of questions, since the last audio upgrade I did was at least 20 years ago…….is this plug and play or will I need to get wiring harnesses? Any tips on making installation easier? I just bought them on Amazon and looking forward getting the improvements
I cut off the OEM speaker connector (I’ll never put OEM speakers back in) and instead attached 2 wire DT connectors for a proper waterproof connection that is easy to modify later if needed.

You can use anything from wiring harnesses to butt splices using crimp on connectors. DT is a bulletproof way but a little pricey, you’ll probably pay $50 for the tools and connectors.
Ford Bronco Easiest B&O upgrade? 1714241646168-ni

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What speakers up front? I keep seeing focal?
I did infinity reference in the corners and Hertz in the center. I tried it both ways and this sounded the best

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will second the Alpine S-40 in the rear. I have the Alpine component speaker system in my kick panel and front area. I need to look up my model number, I did it a bit ago, but they sound good. When I get my hardtop on, I will worry about the sub.

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cut off the OEM speaker connector (I’ll never put OEM speakers back in) and instead attached 2 wire DT connectors for a proper waterproof connection that is easy to modify later if needed.

You can use anything from wiring harnesses to butt splices using crimp on connectors. DT is a bulletproof way but a little pricey, you’ll probably pay $50 for the tools and connectors.
thanks, just want to be sure I have everything needed when I tear it apart. Will these work without any cutting/splicing? Can do butt splicing and heat shrink if you think it would be easier/ more effective. I appreciate your opinion, just want to have as much info as possible
Ford Bronco Easiest B&O upgrade? IMG_0058

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seconded. Deutsch connectors are awesome ... albeit can be a bit pricey.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thanks, just want to be sure I have everything needed when I tear it apart. Will these work without any cutting/splicing? Can do butt splicing and heat shrink if you think it would be easier/ more effective. I appreciate your opinion, just want to have as much info as possible
I don't see why that wouldn't work for you, but your weak point is the spade connector. If you ever notice static on your speakers, just remember to check that exact connector first - they loosen over time and can hiss/pop. That's true for every spade style connector in history though, not these in particular.

You could go 30 years with it not being a problem - or it could be next week. The good news is it only takes about 15 seconds to pop the plastic off in front of the speakers and fix it. With the money you save over doing DT connectors, you can likely replace this harness adapter ~5-7 times.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The Metra's work fine - I got them included with my speakers from Crutchfield - I went with Infinity Reference 407f in all the 4" locations and Memphis MJP6 in the kick panels, Kicker Comp R 8" mated to a Kicker Key 500.1 for the sub. Couldn't be happier with it now. Even with top and doors off it sounds great. Not quite plug and play on the sub though.

Sponsored

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, son's 08 Civic, wife's biz 22 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did infinity reference in the corners and Hertz in the center. I tried it both ways and this sounded the best
did you have to use forscan after you installed them?

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Replace all speakers - new sub - 8" Kicker dual voice coil 4 ohm and get a kicker key 500.1 amp and volume knob. So much happier with my setup now.
for some reason my response never posted. ive had my sub replaced twice due to rattling, so i am holding off on doing the entire upgrade to see how this current one works. if it starts rattling again i am going to see what ford can do for me since i paid for the upgrade. thats why i have only done the kickers on the roll bar and looking at doing the dash speakers because i have read there are no forscan changes needed. plus i dont have forscan.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
did you have to use forscan after you installed them?
No sir. The corners are set to a higher frequency in the set up so just plug and play

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No sir. The corners are set to a higher frequency in the set up so just plug and play
what about the center? i wonder if i need to upgrade the middle dash or if the corners will be ok by themselves?
Sponsored