AmbyMc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kool, but a little pricey, correct! Did you purchase the Amazon pins or just using your homemade pins?
Yes, the EZ 4x4 pins are expensive. Last October they were $70 but I didn't buy because, (a) I don't put the doors on/off enough to justify and (2) I had a working solution w/ the pin I made.

But then ... and I blame the forum for this, I did buy a few days ago (now $80) because I bought all this other stuff I don't really need for the Bronco and just threw it into my amazon cart.

I should have it tomorrow or Tuesday and be able to prove that it works just as well as my longer pin. I'll also make sure the door still makes a clicking sound when nut is not on/tightened and no sound when it is tightened.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, the EZ 4x4 pins are expensive. Last October they were $70 but I didn't buy because, (a) I don't put the doors on/off enough to justify and (2) I had a working solution w/ the pin I made.

But then ... and I blame the forum for this, I did buy a few days ago (now $80) because I bought all this other stuff I don't really need for the Bronco and just threw it into my amazon cart.

I should have it tomorrow or Tuesday and be able to prove that it works just as well as my longer pin. I'll also make sure the door still makes a clicking sound when nut is not on/tightened and no sound when it is tightened.
Let me/us know how the Amazon pins work! Maybe 80 bucks is cheaper than fixing a damaged door/paint job!

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I purchased those pins when I took my roof and doors off for the 1st time over a month ago . I think they were $69 then so they must be popular. So far I've lucked out and it hasn't rained on my days off so I'm still running top and doorless and driving a secondary vehicle to work . . I also picked up this door installer stand a week ago for $143 free shipping but waiting until weather forecast changes to try both of them out :)

https://www.amazon.com/Tomkate-Jack-Lift-Hoist-Automotive/dp/B0D6R798G8/ref=sr_1_9?crid=39XJ1VH1HU8HD&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.nzyh2ZA2uwql0Ouw7BuJi7SOzcw98FkS7eD-kwiovtrX02GSdTXeYp8zEhKlgjSc3ZTQYDheS2TeY-n0zLnqDTg9wYWdl1G-8q7wNnsEZXW82huY1aP3to240MkX2JyVxS65HAtlNwoDVmcxIvPYVYw_Wo1gUM2UfnZ4LjwcVVzkfo1tOeS7px4TMZeh6LqHZfu-1P6zrm8SkPbUxYywgfVHVtDs8C7J6vQHYhKuDhF8LeO7ObPpVjqDEZkOsBukqnJ3ojWKmTmHg3JKKk2oRi7VV9r7-AG-rdzrUQ6onBc.oHVxpsz27OX2DixGtEDMu7zt0xJREDCiKaF4BuayAqo&dib_tag=se&keywords=door+installer&qid=1718566950&sprefix=door+installer,aps,118&sr=8-9

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased those pins when I took my roof and doors off for the 1st time over a month ago . I think they were $69 then so they must be popular. So far I've lucked out and it hasn't rained on my days off so I'm still running top and doorless and driving a secondary vehicle to work . . I also picked up this door installer stand a week ago for $143 free shipping but waiting until weather forecast changes to try both of them out :)

https://www.amazon.com/Tomkate-Jack-Lift-Hoist-Automotive/dp/B0D6R798G8/ref=sr_1_9?crid=39XJ1VH1HU8HD&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.nzyh2ZA2uwql0Ouw7BuJi7SOzcw98FkS7eD-kwiovtrX02GSdTXeYp8zEhKlgjSc3ZTQYDheS2TeY-n0zLnqDTg9wYWdl1G-8q7wNnsEZXW82huY1aP3to240MkX2JyVxS65HAtlNwoDVmcxIvPYVYw_Wo1gUM2UfnZ4LjwcVVzkfo1tOeS7px4TMZeh6LqHZfu-1P6zrm8SkPbUxYywgfVHVtDs8C7J6vQHYhKuDhF8LeO7ObPpVjqDEZkOsBukqnJ3ojWKmTmHg3JKKk2oRi7VV9r7-AG-rdzrUQ6onBc.oHVxpsz27OX2DixGtEDMu7zt0xJREDCiKaF4BuayAqo&dib_tag=se&keywords=door+installer&qid=1718566950&sprefix=door+installer,aps,118&sr=8-9
Are the EZ pins only put on the lower hinges?

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

AmbyMc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me/us know how the Amazon pins work! Maybe 80 bucks is cheaper than fixing a damaged door/paint job!
Just tested EZ pins. It works as advertised but I'll be returning since it doesn't really act as an elongated guide pin.

The exposed portion of the Ford pin is ~10/16. EZ pin is ~13/16. I don't think the additional 3/16 is going to help me much when struggling to align the front doors.

Regarding the clicking sound. I learned something today on that front. It's only the top hinge that makes that sound when there's a loose/missing bolt, so this product has no impact on the clicking.

3 bronco guide pins.jpg

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just tested EZ pins. It works as advertised but I'll be returning since it doesn't really act as an elongated guide pin.

The exposed portion of the Ford pin is ~10/16. EZ pin is ~13/16. I don't think the additional 3/16 is going to help me much when struggling to align the front doors.

Regarding the clicking sound. I learned something today on that front. It's only the top hinge that makes that sound when there's a loose/missing bolt, so this product has no impact on the clicking.

Ford Bronco Doors Off - Issues putting them back on 3 bronco guide pins
Oh my...the Amazon pin is not that much longer than the original Bronco pin, so it seems like it won't really help! Thanks for the update! I guess I'm going to use the bolt system on the right!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

3 bronco guide pins.jpg
Thanks for that info.

So am I correct, that the middle Amazon pin flat area (see red arrow), is for tightening down the pin to the hinge, then you install the door, and tighten a nut down onto the threads of the pin to secure the door?

In that case, to have a longer "guide pin" portion as in your homemade approach, a nut (ground down a bit as needed) could be welded to a longer threaded bolt, to basically replicated the Amazon pin but longer?

Or, is it possible to install the door using your hex cap bolt approach, and then tighten your bolt down all the way, unto the hex cap portion secures the door to the hinge? Or does the hex bolt bottom out on something before you can tighten it down all the way?

Ford Bronco Doors Off - Issues putting them back on DoorBoltMod

Last edited:

AmbyMc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for that info.

So am I correct, that the middle Amazon pin flat area (see red arrow), is for tightening down the pin to the hinge, then you install the door, and tighten a nut down onto the threads of the pin to secure the door?

In that case, to have a longer "guide pin" portion as in your homemade approach, a nut (ground down a bit as needed) could be welded to a longer threaded bolt, to basically replicated the Amazon pin but longer?

Or, is it possible to install the door using your hex cap bolt approach, and then tighten your bolt down all the way, unto the hex cap portion secures the door to the hinge? Or does the hex bolt bottom out on something before you can tighten it down all the way?

Ford Bronco Doors Off - Issues putting them back on DoorBoltMod
Your description/questions on how the EZ 4x4 product works are correct.

Regarding creating your own version of the EZ product, could be fun/interesting to come up with something.

I think one of the keys is to make sure the door and body side hinge mating is not changed.

My solution is just acting as a guide pin, so like the Ford pin, you remove once the door is on safely. I never thought to reproduce what this EZ product offers. (I actually created my pin before the EZ product was even offered.) The black grommet top and electrical tape was added just to make it a bit easier to screw in/out. Not needed at all.

But your last paragraph is probably correct. I think talking off that black tape and cap, screwing into the door hinge until it hits bottom (and the bottom hinge is capped off) and then (when it's time to put door back on) using an M8x1.25 flange nut to secure door should work. I think.

I don't think I'm going to bother to investigate. I was just looking for an easier/safer way to get the door back on. Longer pin worked for me. Still need to use ford bolt for top hinge so I'll just continue to use the bottom bolt.