Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not going to read through all 4 pages (so far) of this thread, but I'll throw in two points:

1) Quoting @Arrowbear Rider, "
The porter than remarked "Yea every time he comes in his Bronco [a black Badlands] is spotless clean and it looks like he never takes it off road." Then joked about how many Broncos come in and look to have never been taken off road, asking "why these owners buy and never go off pavement at all?" He then comment on how dirty mine was before he washed it and pointing out my stickers, which are just some of my outings, "Yours is always dirty when you come in".

After the kid walked away, we joked about mall crawlers and uptight owners. "

An installer who put on my new bumper, Warn winch, and some trail lights, remarked, "I don't think 10% of what I install ever goes off pavement."

2) With all respect to @MadMan4BamaNATL , inflation isn't caused by people buying upgrades and accessories they never use, but by the printing* of too much money.

*Noting that most money is electronic and not "printed" currency.
Sponsored

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What are you talking about? We are in the drive of the service area, my Bronco is sitting 40 feet away waiting on paperwork to leave, when the porter right in front of me slams the door of the other owner's Bronco right in front of me. I engage in a conversation with the porter and the owner of the Bronco walks by and smiles at what I'm saying, so I ask, "may I show him?"

In the moment there's no going somewhere else on the lot to show the porter. Do I have keys to those Broncos? We are in the service drive.
My local service in/out is directly by the front lot displays, literally 10 feet away the rows start 🙂 And where I bought mine, same deal but 20 feet over are 3 raptors lined up...

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's right, that's NOT what happened. I read the post, the OP reached out with intent to touch the Bronco, the other guy had an issue. Why is my example a stretch, because I disagree? Insert any other "my property, my choice" example here.

I agree the other guy is an A-hole. But are we really at a point where someone being an A-hole about their Bronco warrants a whole thread about it? Lots of people are A-holes in this country for much dumber reasons than this, let's not be so sensitive.
You seem to be awfully sensitive about a-holes being called out 🤷‍♂️

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not going to read through all 4 pages (so far) of this thread, but I'll throw in two points:

1) Quoting @Arrowbear Rider, "
The porter than remarked "Yea every time he comes in his Bronco [a black Badlands] is spotless clean and it looks like he never takes it off road." Then joked about how many Broncos come in and look to have never been taken off road, asking "why these owners buy and never go off pavement at all?" He then comment on how dirty mine was before he washed it and pointing out my stickers, which are just some of my outings, "Yours is always dirty when you come in".

After the kid walked away, we joked about mall crawlers and uptight owners. "

An installer who put on my new bumper, Warn winch, and some trail lights, remarked, "I don't think 10% of what I install ever goes off pavement."

2) With all respect to @MadMan4BamaNATL , inflation isn't caused by people buying upgrades and accessories they never use, but by the printing* of too much money.

*Noting that most money is electronic and not "printed" currency.
I get where you’re going here, but in a supply and demand strained economy, the over consumption of goods at one price, causes sellers to adjust their calculus and raise prices until demand regains equilibrium with supply, so I was not incorrect.

Demand was crazy during 2021-2023, that’s why interest rates were raised and remain so; people keep spending money and in the case I call out, spending money on crap they don’t need.

With the supply chain already strained, most sellers felt correct that they were leaving money on the table.

Printing of money by the government isn’t what caused Ford to raise Bronco prices. Ford realizing that rich guys were paying ADM and whatever for a vehicle with sky high demand is what caused them to raise the price to where it is now, which is far more than I paid for mine with price protection.

Lots of guys just need to go back to the station wagons…. err, SUVs they came from and belong in, then prices can come down along with interest rates.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
My local service in/out is directly by the front lot displays, literally 10 feet away the rows start 🙂 And where I bought mine, same deal but 20 feet over are 3 raptors lined up...
Firstly it is not your dealership, it is a different one. How does this change anything?

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your just being argumentative for the sake of it, this all happens in the moment and after the fact you want to second guess what happened.

I'll spell it out for you.

Porter slammed the door just feet away.
As I was explaining why not to, the owner walked by smiling, at presumably what I'm telling the porter, so I ask may I show him.
He becomes a dick about it.

Why would I go looking for another Bronco far away, the lot isn't frigin 10 feet away! my Bronco was 40 feet away and in the service drive. I thought by his reaction to what I was saying he'd appreciate me looking out for him.

But he's probably more like you!

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some of you just want to be the devil's advocate, but it doesn't work here.

I work in public schools and some of the responses above remind of the time when a driver complained to our principle that a crossing guard hurt their feeling when she yelled at them for crossing the crosswalk while she was in control of the crossing with her stop sign up. I know this person and she's an excellent guard, but the guy breaking the law got the benefit of the doubt and she got written up; until another parent came to her defense and told the real story. Some of you are trying to find a way to twist what I said, like that driver did to her.

"But she embarrassed me in front of the kids when she yelled at me" But you were driving past a stop sign." But she yelled at me and embarrassed me!"

She was looking out for the kids, I was looking out for a follow Bronco Owner, yet I'm the bad guy?
Damn, some you can't let someone help you out without getting bent or upset. And in the land of the privileged (South OC, CA) this kind of reaction is abundant.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You seem to be awfully sensitive about a-holes being called out 🤷‍♂️
nope, just offering an objective opinion.

Also, a-holes being called out to themselves is likely much more productive than coming to a forum to call them out when they aren’t around to hear it.

Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some of you just want to be the devil's advocate, but it doesn't work here.

I work in public schools and some of the responses above remind of the time when a driver complained to our principle that a crossing guard hurt their feeling when she yelled at them for crossing the crosswalk while she was in control of the crossing with her stop sign up. I know this person and she's an excellent guard, but the guy breaking the law got the benefit of the doubt and she got written up; until another parent came to her defense and told the real story. Some of you are trying to find a way to twist what I said, like that driver did to her.

"But she embarrassed me in front of the kids when she yelled at me" But you were driving past a stop sign." But she yelled at me and embarrassed me!"

She was looking out for the kids, I was looking out for a follow Bronco Owner, yet I'm the bad guy?
Damn, some you can't let someone help you out without getting bent or upset. And in the land of the privileged (South OC, CA) this kind of reaction is abundant.
You’re not the bad guy, people can be ass holes. I make it a point to acknowledge every other Bronco driver I see in public and some of them don’t acknowledge me back. I say to myself “oh well”, and move on. Some people don’t respond to basic human decency, but it’s a pretty common problem these days so just be the best you you can be and try not to take it so hard or you’ll be sad a lot of the time.

Firewrench

Base
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch, F-350, Slingshot, H-D TriGlide
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting thread. I have always kept my vehicles clean, it’s therapy for me. Learned how to properly detail a car when I got my first, 50 years ago. We might take our Bronc on gravel roads, etc, but we would never take it where we take our Rzr.
Side note, when I took my Harley Trike to a trike & sidecar safety class years ago, I let some other attendees ride it, there was a shortage of trikes to ride. Most H-D owners would never let someone else ride theirs. I figured nobody there was going to abuse it while I was standing there watching. The instructors were appreciative. I got to fly the sidecar on a Ural. That was great fun.
I am also in the group that believes if you take your rig in for service and it’s clean, they know you care about it and will do the same. If you take a POS in for service, the tech won’t care too much about it either. Coming from a 40 year mechanic. Showing my age, now they call themselves “technicians”. Ha.