Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I could afford a mall crawler. I'd have me a WT in a heartbeat! BL for off road, WT for highway drivin'. Then I can tow my BL with my WT and everybody be like, why you got two nearly identical Broncos? And I'd say, don't be jealous, and anyways, didn't you see I got that good armor and bumpers on the one and steps on the other?? lol :whistle:
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can get a poll added to the first post?!?!? šŸ˜…

Afterall.... Opinions are like A$$holes, everyone has one , or is it the smelliest gets the attention, or is it, if you don't clean it everyone can tell? Hard to keep up with sayings these days šŸ¤Ŗ

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it's not yours don't touch it!!!
It was a few guys talking Broncos and he asked permission! All he had to do was say no thanks and nobody would have thought anything of it, but he had to get all snarky about it. I hope that black badlands is a 2-door, because nobody will want to ride with that guy.

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Arrowbear Rider you managed to piss off 3 different groups with your thread:
- I bought it for its looks, I donā€™t off road.
- I like to keep my car clean
- And Get Off my Lawn
Might be a record??
I'm not sure if a record, but it's sure funny that the posts that piss off the most also get the most likes ;)

I've only got 7 threads, but this one's "pissing off" everyone while getting the most likes too...

Hmm.
lol! :ROFLMAO:

Not even sure why you bothered man. A LOT of the same guys you mention populate this forum, some of the usuals have already commented.

I laugh because itā€™s a Ford man. Sure, donā€™t want anyone sitting on it, leaning on it or standing on it since itā€™s light weight aluminum, but the cheap little plastic door handle? No, touch away.

Iā€˜ve rubbed more branches and rocks with this thing than I care to count. Like you out there, I live in a city full of guys who want to look, but would never do, shit. Itā€™s the nature of things these days. They want so bad to look like you, but would never try to be like you or do what you do that makes what you do and your rig so cool to begin with.

Then thereā€™s the guys who keep these Wranglers, 4Runners for sure, and Broncos spotless with no dirt or mud or scratches in the undercarriage or wheel wells. When I spot them, I just ignore and keep driving. When they complement my Bronco, I just nod and walk away.

Best thing to do here is get used to it. Youā€™re not alone, per se, but there are fewer of you than you can imagine.

Keep hitting them trails brother. I see you, wheeler! :wink:
I appreciate what you're saying and I have seen it here before, I guess I should have known better and rephrased a few things. If I stated "why can't people be more civil" and then described the incident without "roasting" the guy, it would came off way different.

But I do find it funny that someone would come on a website dedicated to a vehicle designed to go off road, that doesn't even come in two wheel drive and they get upset about being made fun of for spending thousands extra on parts they will never use just look like us and then get bent when made fun of... You're on an website for enthusiast of a capable four wheel drive vehicle, not "cruising are us"!

That's like going on a Ferrari website and getting pissed because the owners who track their cars made fun of you for only going to Rodeo Drive in yours.

When I say thousands on parts they will never use, I'm not just talking about tires and lifts, I'm talking about off road lights they can never legally use on the hwy, so if you're not going to go off road, it's money spent for looks. But you'll never use them legally if you don't go off road, so getting upset for being made fun of because "It's my money and I'll do as I want!"... Damn.

Hundreds spent on recovery hooks and skid plates and... that will never be used and all that weight kills fuel economy. Have as thick of skin as your wallet and getting bent when you're on an enthusiast forum about how people use their purpose built vehicle because you don't use it that way is silly.

Why worry about it, have thicker skin then that, there are worst things to get ridiculed for than not using your "mountain bike to go mountain biking on a mountain biking forum".

Last edited:

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
So you wouldnā€™t mind if I walked up to your house and opened and closed the door, right, or pulled a window down to show someone Iā€™m with how a window works. Even if you were outside watering the lawn and I asked for permission?

The other guy is uptight, needlessly so, but itā€™s his right to be. I canā€™t believe this is even a threadā€¦..
He didn't walk up and open or close the door, that is NOT what happened so what is your point? If someone walked up and asked to check out my Bronco, I would be honored. If I was busy I would just say no thanks. Only an A-hole gets snarky over something like this, and good for the OP for calling it out.

Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's a stretch of a comparison. I would never do that to someone's home. We're at a dealership where that door is going to be opened and closed many times by many people, the porter's words. You replied.
I mean, just because my Bronco is parked int he parking lot doesn't give other people permission to touch it. When you bring your car to the dealer, you're accepting that employees of the dealership will be touching the vehicle, not random strangers int he parking lot. I'm certainly not defending the tight ass, I'm just saying, if he wants to be a tight ass about his property, in America, that's his choice. If you don't like it, then don't be a tight ass about your own Bronco. that' YOUR right.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

He didn't walk up and open or close the door, that is NOT what happened so what is your point? If someone walked up and asked to check out my Bronco, I would be honored. If I was busy I would just say no thanks. Only an A-hole gets snarky over something like this, and good for the OP for calling it out.
That's right, that's NOT what happened. I read the post, the OP reached out with intent to touch the Bronco, the other guy had an issue. Why is my example a stretch, because I disagree? Insert any other "my property, my choice" example here.

I agree the other guy is an A-hole. But are we really at a point where someone being an A-hole about their Bronco warrants a whole thread about it? Lots of people are A-holes in this country for much dumber reasons than this, let's not be so sensitive.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wish people would just get over this ā€œmall crawlersā€ thing. if it wasnā€™t for the mall crawlers that buy 90% of the off-road vehicles, manufactures wouldnā€™t even bother making new vehicles, jeep broncos, etc.

90% of pickup owners have nothing in their bed and are not picking up anythingā€¦
99% sports cars go the speed limit etc.etc.

just get over the ā€œtough guy off road kingā€ shtick

ā€œThe porter than remarked "Yea every time he comes in his Bronco [a black Badlands] is spotless clean and it looks like he never takes it off road." Then joked about how many Broncos come in and look to have never been taken off road, asking "why these owners buy and never go off pavement at all?" He then comment on how dirty mine was before he washed it and pointing out my stickers, which are just some of my outings, "Yours is always dirty when you come in".

After the kid walked away, we joked about mall crawlers and uptight owners. I mean if I was some rando off the street, I'd get the attitude about not touching it, but a fellow Bronco owner and an old guy too, trying to educate a porter on how to better take care of "Your Bronco" to not damage it?ā€
Right, I take my Bronco offroading, it has scratches all over the wheels from the rocks and some scratches from branches on the hard top. I STILL clean it by hand and reapply ceramic coat so WHEN I DO GO TO THE MALL it looks good. ;-)

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This deserves an obligatory Stripes reference ...

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure if a record, but it's sure funny that the posts that piss off the most also get the most likes ;)

I've only got 7 threads, but this one's "pissing off" everyone while getting the most likes too...

Hmm.

I appreciate what you're saying and I have seen it here before, I guess I should have known better and rephrased a few things. If I stated "why can't people be more civil" and then described the incident without "roasting" the guy, it would came off way different.

But I do find it funny that someone would come on a website dedicated to a vehicle designed to go off road, that doesn't even come in two wheel drive and they get upset about being made fun of for spending thousands extra on parts they will never use just look like us and then get bent when made fun of... You're on an website for enthusiast of a capable four wheel drive vehicle, not "cruising are us"!

That's like going on a Ferrari website and getting pissed because the owners who track their cars made fun of you for only going to Rodeo Drive in yours.

When I say thousands on parts they will never use, I'm not just talking about tires and lifts, I'm talking about off road lights they can never legally use on the hwy, so if you're not going to go off road, it's money spent for looks. But you'll never use them legally if you don't go off road, so getting upset for being made fun of because "It's my money and I'll do as I want!"... Damn.

Hundreds spent on recovery hooks and skid plates and... that will never be used and all that weight kills fuel economy. Have as thick of skin as your wallet and getting bent when you're on an enthusiast forum about how people use their purpose built vehicle because you don't use it that way is silly.

Why worry about it, have thicker skin then that, there are worst things to get ridiculed for than not using your "mountain bike to go mountain biking on a mountain biking forum".
All excellent points that Iā€™ve. Been dragged, had posts deleted for saying, but whatever; itā€™s true!

My issue isnā€™t that theyā€™re poseurs, as even Iā€™m trying to emulate a number of old heads Iā€™ve known and admired since I was a kid starting with my grandad who may as well be God to me in my memories of him.

The issue is that these fakes drive up the prices of everything. Thatā€™s where the inflation comes from and why we have to wait forever for parts and mods. I see lights on these trucks in Atlanta and even Warn winches, which cost a ton. I caught a guy whoā€˜d never unspun his line. I asked him why he had it. He said he ā€œliked the lookā€. Really?

Donā€˜t even get me started on F-150 Raptors which are all over my neighborhood. Guys want to look tough when theyā€™re not tough. Maybe they think women are fooled by it; no idea really.

Itā€™s even hard to get guys in the Georgia Bronco club here to come out, ever, even on easy trails.

Anyway, weā€™ve got to get used to how things are now since challenging any of it can get you in trouble. ā€œEveryone has the right to this or that, blah blahā€.

I just wish the ā€œlooksā€œ guys just stick to buying Rough Country crap and leave the real gear to those of us who need it and will use it. Keep to the side steps guys, no need for rock rails just for the wife to step up onā€¦.. :)

Sponsored

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got back from getting my Bronco serviced at the dealership. After seeing both of the porters who moved my Bronco slam it's door behind them while walking away, and one of them moved another owner's Bronco and did the same right in front of me. So I politely called the guy over and asked him if he was aware of the frame less windows and that the windows go down and up when you open and close the doors? And, we was engaged in a conversation with the porter, who was polite and generally interested comparing the Bronco's frame less window with the Jeep's framed windows that had he just drove too.

The owner of the Bronco that we were standing next to, walked by at the same time, he seemed to be smiling at what I was telling the porter and I asked him "Do you mind if I show him (the porter) what I mean?" To my surprise as I reached for the door he says, "Yea! I mind! DON'T TOUCH MY Bronco!" And Then goes from smiling at us to looking back with a glare.

Really! I wanted to call out to the guy who's about half my age and ask him, "do you know how many people are gong open and close your Bronco's door while it's being moved around and serviced?" But I said nothing, even after the stare down he tried to throw back.

The porter than remarked "Yea every time he comes in his Bronco [a black Badlands] is spotless clean and it looks like he never takes it off road." Then joked about how many Broncos come in and look to have never been taken off road, asking "why these owners buy and never go off pavement at all?" He then comment on how dirty mine was before he washed it and pointing out my stickers, which are just some of my outings, "Yours is always dirty when you come in".

After the kid walked away, we joked about mall crawlers and uptight owners. I mean if I was some rando off the street, I'd get the attitude about not touching it, but a fellow Bronco owner and an old guy too, trying to educate a porter on how to better take care of "Your Bronco" to not damage it?
In all honesty I think he overreacted, however itā€™s a little odd to have a stranger want to use my car as a prop. I wouldā€™ve said yes anyways, because Iā€™m not an ass about such things like that, but thereā€™s plenty of folks that are.

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In all honesty I think he overreacted, however itā€™s a little odd to have a stranger want to use my car as a prop. I wouldā€™ve said yes anyways, because Iā€™m not an ass about such things like that, but thereā€™s plenty of folks that are.
Keep in mind it all happened in the moment, meaning the porter slammed HIS door and we were next his Bronco, and I was really helping him out, even though I was also correcting the porter for slamming my Bronco's door.

But I wasn't, since he had just slammed the door of the other owner and we were next to his... Mine was 40 or so feet away. That's why I was put off, I was actually helping him! and he just didn't get it.

Believe me, I live in the land of the privileged and I've seen this behavior many times.

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The big question: why didn't you go find a bronco on the lot before bothering a customer and their private vehicle?
From the reactions all around it sounds like a case of misaligned personal boundaries and not something nefarious.
Were it out in the wild it would not have been startling to ask, at a dealership it's weird, you're surrounded by available vehicles...

That being said, at least they weren't given a rubber ducky.

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The big question: why didn't you go find a bronco on the lot before bothering a customer and their private vehicle?
What are you talking about? We are in the drive of the service area, my Bronco is sitting 40 feet away waiting on paperwork to leave, when the porter right in front of me slams the door of the other owner's Bronco right in front of me. I engage in a conversation with the porter and the owner of the Bronco walks by and smiles at what I'm saying, so I ask, "may I show him?"

In the moment there's no going somewhere else on the lot to show the porter. Do I have keys to those Broncos? We are in the service drive.
Sponsored