Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First, credit to @Blksn955.o and his thread https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...or-setup-4-tire-air-up-air-down-system.31208/ for giving me the idea. Just wanted to do a 2nd thread as to not highjack his great idea.

So These Are the Parts you need:

(Amazon Links)

$18 1/4 Air hose 50ft ID 4mm OD 6mm Air tube Blue Polyurethane PU Air Hose Tube Kit with fittings for Air Compressor Fitting & Fluid Transfer
$24 (you need two 2 packs) AstroAI Air Chuck, Heavy Duty Closed Flow Lock On Tire Chuck with Clip for Inflator Gauge
$3 Control Devices - TV12 Brass Tank Valve, 1/8" NPT

(Home Depot)

$4 1/4 in. MIP x 1/8 in. FIP Brass Bushing Fitting (because the hose kit only comes with 3 x 1/4 adapters)
$4 1/8 in. FIP Brass Coupling Fitting (to connect the Schrader Valve to the 1/8 adapter included in the hose kit)

Basically what you are going to be building with those parts is this....

Ford Bronco DIY 4 wheel Inflator / deflator for $55 20211229_084853

Now it is up to you how you want to do the hose. I want to be able to inflate from the back. So I went from the 2 front tires, to the rear tires. Then from the rear tires to the Schrader Valve so it all sits inside my cargo area.

So in my case...

Front Wheel to Rear Wheel = 12'
Rear Wheel to Valve "Y" = 6'
Small hose sections you see in pics (3 of them) = 6"

Ford Bronco DIY 4 wheel Inflator / deflator for $55 20211229_093824

Ford Bronco DIY 4 wheel Inflator / deflator for $55 20211229_093833

Ford Bronco DIY 4 wheel Inflator / deflator for $55 20211229_093839

I wanted a Schrader Valve so that I can deflate and inflate using whatever means I normally would use on a per tire bases. For example if you have one of those Fancy Air Down screw on things.. it just takes 1 and you do all four tires at once! Of course you could adapt the connector has you wish. However I will say the Schrader valve being 1-way allows me to hook up (or disconnect) all 4 tires without loosing any air.

So I connect the air chucks without any air loss.. then connect my pump to the Valve or Deflator.

AND, just because I know someone will ask, my little pump takes 5-6 min per tire to pump from 20-36. This system, doing them all at once took 23 minutes. So basically whatever pump up\deflator method you currently use per tire stays the same overall. So why do this if it doesn't save you time.. 2 main reasons...

1) Bad weather.... I hook up all 4 at once, then climb back in the rig until the deed it 100% done.
2) TPMS sensors... this method for both inflate\deflate keeps all 4 in Sync.

Happy Off Roading!
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What CFM rating is the pump?

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super interesting take, much simpler too. Ordered a bunch of the same parts just now with a few changes but thanks for posting

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw those types of fittings and I like the idea and layout of your setup.

wonder how hard it would be to add a T and have male air quick disconnect for faster inflate and deflate when available.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw those types of fittings and I like the idea and layout of your setup.

wonder how hard it would be to add a T and have male air quick disconnect for faster inflate and deflate when available.
I would think it would be real easy. They hose kit comes with a ton of splitters. However I think instead of having an extra inlet dangling just in case, I would probably rig up an adapter.

So like in this case, end the inlet with a standard air compressor fitting and then adapt the schrader to fit that. So you can have both but only a single inlet flopping around.

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would the single Shrader valve be bottle-necking the compressor? I know most only do less than 10cfm...?
An inline pressure gauge would be a nice addition 👍

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would the single Shrader valve be bottle-necking the compressor? I know most only do less than 10cfm...?
An inline pressure gauge would be a nice addition 👍
Of course it's a possibility. But that's why I
Specifically mentioned that the time it takes to pump up all four tires at once is actually the sum as when I pump up all four tires individually.

So I would say no, the single schader valve is not causing any additional restrictions, however that is not to say that being able to provide the system with more air volume via the inlet could speed up airflow to the 4 legs. In theory, you should be able to provide 4x the CFM at the inlet so they're all for tires could max out their possible airflow.
Sponsored