Amazon tire deflator review

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put some time in today getting these dialed in.
Several back-and-forth between the deflators, gauges (used 3 different ones), air chuck, etc.
Here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/Real-4X4-Def...&qid=1650049716&sprefix=tire+de,aps,84&sr=8-4

Now these are about $35. 1/3 the cost of Staun brand (highly recommended brand). Figured I’d try them and see.

now from one deflator to the other the best I could get them dialed in was about .5psi. And even at that, at times had to “flick” the deflator to get it to stop deflating completely. I am not sure if this is inherent of the style, or because these are cheaper.

Also between 3 air gauges (one mechanical, one digital Craftsman, and the digital one in the kit), the best I could get between the digital was also.5psi.

so the end result could be 1psi off tire-to-tire.
Close enough for what it’s for? Probably. I’m good with it.
I will probably eventually spend the $100 or so for the Staun’s.
These seem to get the job done, just not super impressed, nor did I expect to be.
Ford Bronco Amazon tire deflator review 5A83C380-36AA-4492-87BF-A765111E3890

time to deflate from 35psi to 14-15psi:
Ford Bronco Amazon tire deflator review D8681760-B18E-48E3-98C4-38EA38EF0512

gives you time to get them all on, grab a cold water, check some things, go flick them to make sure you don’t end up lower than you want, etc.
I welcome feedback/suggestions on what the veterans have found to be best for the cost.
I’ve just always went tire-to-tire, with a new rig, wanted something more professional in use, easier and faster.
FWIW, your mileage may vary.
Verdict: decent and gets you close.
I haven’t used the name brand, so not sure if they are faster or more reliable.
for a $65 difference…hard choice but I think I would have went Staun the first time and not been wondering if I bought some junk that isn’t adequate in the long run.
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having used the Stuans in the past, I went with a 4-way speedflate system. This style works pretty good, but my experience with them over time is they become inconsistent. being a couple lbs off a tire isn't going to be a big deal, but I like the 4-way or even a 2-way inflate/ deflate system better.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered these earlier this week, the reviews were better than the sub $20 variants. Thanks for your thoughts.
Thanks, buddy.
Overall for the price they get the job done.
if I were competition crawling in a customer rail buggy, I’d want to be more precise and even.
but for a day on a trail, I think they’ll be fine.
If I end up needing them more often than I think and find these don’t cut the mustard, I’ll spend on a different setup.
Sponsored