Sponsored

Discussion: what you'll do if the battery dies?

Daniela at 3W Auto Life

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Gloria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Discussion: What's Your Plan When the Battery Dies?

Hey, forum members! Let's discuss a common scenario – what would you do if your Bronco's battery suddenly dies? Share your tips, tricks, and experiences on how to handle this situation.

Jump-starting, calling for roadside assistance, or using portable battery packs? Let's exchange ideas and help each other out. Join the discussion now!

Here's the practical solution we suggest: Use WolfBox Jump Starter to make your Bronco jump again on the bumpy roads:tumbleweed:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Daniela at 3W Auto Life

Daniela at 3W Auto Life

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Gloria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are some questions for you:
  1. Do you carry a portable jump starter or a battery booster pack? If so, which one do you recommend and why?
  2. Have you tried using a solar charger to recharge your battery? How effective was it?
  3. What alternative methods have you used to jump-start your Bronco without another vehicle?
Let's brainstorm and pool our knowledge to come up with the best solutions for such situations. Your insights can be incredibly valuable to fellow Bronco owners who may find themselves in a similar predicament.

Join the discussion now and contribute your ideas to ensure we are always prepared for the unexpected!

Safe and adventurous exploring!
Ford Bronco Discussion: what you'll do if the battery dies? Snapinsta.app_438792832_478536401171227_6791790118337335695_n_1080
Ford Bronco Discussion: what you'll do if the battery dies? Snapinsta.app_439447175_478537784504422_6219204624718977638_n_1080

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends where it dies and whether or not I am with my wife or not. If we are together and away from home within a close distance- have to get an uber to home, get vehicle at home, buy a new battery, get my portable took kit, then drive to the Bronco and install it. If I am alone, I call my wife and she comes to me with the tool kit and we get a new battery. If it happens at work I could get a jump to get it home, then install a new battery. This actually did happen once in my past Jeep Wrangler. If we are far away on a trip, Uber to get a new battery and buy basic tools to install it. If for sure I know it's the battery. Otherwise tow to a dealer. I had this happen once on a business trip with a rental car in Vermont when it was 40 below. Battery in the rental was dead, I for sure knew it, died, too many dead batteries being tended too that day, 8 hour wait for tow truck assistance. Nice guy at the hotel gave me a ride to the nearest parts store, bought a battery and tools to install it and was on my way in 1 hour.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn’t know this was a potential scenario that required discussion. Some carry jumper cables. Some carry a jump box. Usually a battery gives warning before it completely dies. If my battery is getting weak, and my alternator tests ok (should be putting out 14+ volts), I carry my jump box, and shop for the best price for a new battery.

Sponsored

diggs44060

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with a Genesis Offroad Dule AGM Battery Set Up in my 2.7 BadSquatch 2door..
Easy to install...

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with a Genesis Offroad Dule AGM Battery Set Up in my 2.7 BadSquatch 2door..
Easy to install...
I'd like to know how you did that. Maybe a couple of pics to get the idea

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I carry a GOOLOO GT3000 jump starter in my recovery gear box.

Neilwins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A jump starter is important. Who knows what will happen on the trail.
Sponsored