Sponsored

Kicker Key 200.4 what happens if you turn the fader off.

kcbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 23 with the base 7 speaker minus the sub setup. I have JL C2 4" in the dash with high pass filters. JL C2 6.5 in the kick panel and in the back in SSV pods. I have the kicker key 200.4 and harness from plug and play kits set up to add a rear sub eventually. I did the forscan changes to help with the rear speakers. I did the DSP learn on the kicker. After all that its way better but the back still is obviously not what it should be.

I did some searches but have not been able to find anyone that tried running the kicker with the fader turned to off. The manual says it should just use one set of inputs and assuming it should default to the fronts. If it doesn't, I would just have to unhook the rear input to the amp. I know I would lose the ability to control fade. It might be a worthwhile trade off to unlock the backs full potential. Curious if anyone has tried this. I think I will open the dash tomorrow flip the dip switch and run the DSP learn again and see what happens.
Sponsored

BroncNC

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrak 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you notice any difference with the Forscan change in the back? Interested to what your thoughts are when you rerun DSP with fader off.

OP
OP
kcbronco

kcbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That definetly does not work. Im not sure why but with the fader off i get no signal to the back speakers. I tried rerunning the dsp learn and still nothing. Maybe somebody smarter can explain it.

BroncoNC the difference with the forscan changes is small.

OP
OP
kcbronco

kcbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I tried it again tonight. I had tried to flip the dip switches with it still mounted under the steering column. I don't think I got the dip switch flipped all the way because it works great now. I moved the fader on the dash 100% to the front and relearned the DSP. This is the way the radio should have sounded.

Green_Hornet

Wildtrak
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Kc bronco is this still working good? I am upgrading the rear pods to 6.5 mabett pods and was thinking of doing this as well and came across this post. So you had to redo the learning with the microphone?

Sponsored
OP
OP
kcbronco

kcbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kc bronco is this still working good? I am upgrading the rear pods to 6.5 mabett pods and was thinking of doing this as well and came across this post. So you had to redo the learning with the microphone?
Yeah I had to redo the learning. I ended up making my factory dummy sub functional. So I enabled it in forscan and went back to having fader and relearned not sure why but this time I have fuller sig al to the back and its all working good.

schlava

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250; 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you tried turning the gain up on the rear speakers on the amp? I did that with out making the rear speakers full range and it helped.
Sponsored