Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FORD BRONCO SASQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Take it in. Show them the problem.

It all depends on your dealership. If you bought it there and they are decent, they will probably just take pictures while you are there and start the process.

Unfortunately, everyone around here wants it for a couple of days (?) and in my case, it just gets denied.

I just submitted a claim through the BBB a couple of days ago. Supposedly that gets them moving quicker.
@1986Bronco that's a joke you got denied. Let me guess took weeks for them to make their decision?
Sponsored

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wait. Webasto's still making them??????????? Are you f'ing kidding me???
Webasto makes Jeep tops too, not very many suppliers in that market.

Seems crazy that they can make Jeep tops for years but a Bronco top has to be made by a magician for it to function properly.

(I'm just glad my super early MIC 1.0 isn't showing any cracks)

Blew Oval

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various makes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Webasto, being the contractor, makes the tops according to Ford's specs. Nothing more, nothing less.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Webasto, being the contractor, makes the tops according to Ford's specs. Nothing more, nothing less.
Seems to suggest that it wasn't WeBastos making bad tops, but Ford design/engineering that was the trouble. We never knew who....

B_Dominant

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FORD BRONCO SASQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just took another look and every roof panel has bubbling... anyone else? Dealer is assessing tomorrow.

Sponsored

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 V90 T6 Polestar, 2018 4Runner, 1990 Pao
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Mostly on top for me. I don't care so much about the rippling/bubbling, snake skin look as I do the cracks. I keep looking into Line-X thinking that is the only solution at this point.

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@1986Bronco that's a joke you got denied. Let me guess took weeks for them to make their decision?
Yeah, it took a bit. Then they just left a message saying nope. I will try another dealer later during the summer. I'm in no hurry to get another cracked top.

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It is just a coating...but it's some pretty damn strong lipstick.

I wonder if it will bond with the existing surface and become one OR because the MIC top is cracking...if it will just continue to crack under the layer of Line-X and deteriorate.

Heck, with all the unfinished edges all around the top, maybe it was meant to breathe; to absorb and give off atmospheric moisture to create a balance and the Line-X will just suffocate it. That's sarcasm by the way.

Last edited:

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is just a coating...but it's some pretty damn strong lipstick.

I wonder if it will bond with the existing surface and become one OR because the MIC top is cracking...if it will just continue to crack under the layer of Line-X and deteriorate.

Heck, with all the unfinished edges all around the top, maybe it was meant to breathe; to absorb and give off atmospheric moisture to create a balance and the Line-X will just suffocate it. That's sarcasm by the way.
My thought is that the line-x would act similar to resealing an RV. The old layer can delaminate, but the new seal holds it together as well as preventing water intrusion to the (in this case cardboard) inner structure.

My top has only slight delam/uneven layer on the roof, but I'm watching it closely for any cracks forming. The less moisture that gets into the inner the better.

And at the end of the day, it's worth a try given the alternative is a $5k bill.

Sponsored

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess if you’re out of warranty? Adhesion might be an issue, weight might be an issue, fitment of the panels, fitment of the windows, Remember the cracks are originating at the 1/4 glass.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess if you’re out of warranty? Adhesion might be an issue, weight might be an issue, fitment of the panels, fitment of the windows, Remember the cracks are originating at the 1/4 glass.
Let's hope I never get to that point, but I'm confident given all of the people painting their tops white that there are acceptable clearances for more material.

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs