First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When the AGS one came out I was really interested and put it on hold until I actually had a Bronco.
Now that I have one and spent enough day to day with it, I really question putting any more weight on the tailgate.

And yes there are lots of tailgate supports, and I'm considering that, but its another expense, and I'm not convinced some of the available options are anything more than decoration.
Sponsored

TNTACO

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This looks really nice and looks easier to install than the engine compartment setup. What is the total weight of this system, and should we be concerned about extra weight on the rear door?

MoJoe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you tell us more about the wiring harness connection? Any chance this will be able to integrate with the factory upfitter switches?

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They're not even close to the same. AGS has the compressor outside under the spare, IAG is inside the tailgate compartment. Only a tank is behind the spare
This design (inside the tailgate compartment) has actually been out for nearly two years already, with better quality, better compressor, and less expensive, from AAL. Really surprised by how many posts seem to believe this is somehow innovative.

American Adventure Lab

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

copying AAL's design, but i do like the use of a viair compressor as well as the 1 gallon tank. (Im an oldschool mintrucker and loved viair back in the day)

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AAL setup looks to have the hose connection inside on the plate, IAG connection is outside through the spare, which if I were to purchase a system, I would rather have the connector there.

The rear tailgate solutions are nice, though it seems the AIG solution with the tank may be a faster setup for filling the tires. My only issue with AIG is that if you do not have an OEM carrier, then how would it fit and work?

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I do really like this kit. Too bad I don't have the OEM spare tire carrier any longer to stash the tank behind.

If the price is right I may end up picking it up anyway and figuring out another mounting spot for the tank.

Camp Hell Yeah.

Everglades
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Tover
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
This design (inside the tailgate compartment) has actually been out for nearly two years already, with better quality, better compressor, and less expensive, from AAL. Really surprised by how many posts seem to believe this is somehow innovative.

American Adventure Lab
true but I think AAL is more expensive. But nice to have options.

22BlackDiamondGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 1955 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The air tank will go between the spare tire carrier and the tailgate itself. It sits on its own bracket tucked into that cavity so it is completely out of the way.
I have a spare tire Delete - is Tank required for function / or can it be mounted to delete plate?

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is really cool, If i didn't already have an engine mounted compressor I would give this some real consideration, however would this even work with the Heritage wheels? (thinking the gap in the wheels is too small)
That's just about the only factory wheel we haven't tested with up to this point as we do not have one available to us. We give you a lot of flexibility on the position of the air outlet but if it doesn't work for whatever reason, you have the option to have the air outlet on the cover plate on the interior side of the tail gate

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a spare tire Delete - is Tank required for function / or can it be mounted to delete plate?
Tank is not directly required for function, though we highly recommend having it. If you have some ability to do fabrication I'm sure you could figure out a way to mount it to the delete plate or in a separate location.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you tell us more about the wiring harness connection? Any chance this will be able to integrate with the factory upfitter switches?
We tie the trigger wire to the the harness for the 12v receptacle in the trunk area using a t-harness so that any time the ignition is on you can flip the switch on the cover plate and turn the compressor on. With that said it is super easy to hook up to an upfitter switch as well since there is a factory wire in that same location.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This looks really nice and looks easier to install than the engine compartment setup. What is the total weight of this system, and should we be concerned about extra weight on the rear door?
The system is about 9 lbs. Not enough to make a huge difference if it's the only additional thing you have on the tailgate. Once you start adding more accessories I would recommend at least accounting for that weight and determine whether a reinforcement is necessary for your application.
Sponsored