Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The video shows for the STANDARD plastic bumper….it’s a little different than the CAPABLE.
What? There's another bumper???!! WTF. What's the difference?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tarheel_Wes

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What? There's another bumper???!! WTF. What's the difference?

Haha. This post of the epitome of the entire “there’s no products for the capable bumper” quandary.

People don’t even KNOW.

So yes, in 2022 the CAPABLE BUMPER, which is steel, comes standard on black diamond and badlands

It is ENTIRELY DISTINCT and separate from the PLASTIC “standard” bumper of the base, big bend, and Outer Banks.

It truly is the “forgotten” bumper. Bc so many more people have the OTHER steel bumper, the modular.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haha. This post of the epitome of the entire “there’s no products for the capable bumper” quandary.

People don’t even KNOW.

So yes, in 2022 the CAPABLE BUMPER, which is steel, comes standard on black diamond and badlands

It is ENTIRELY DISTINCT and separate from the PLASTIC “standard” bumper of the base, big bend, and Outer Banks.

It truly is the “forgotten” bumper. Bc so many more people have the OTHER steel bumper, the modular.
So did I! But then, Ford happens.

OP
OP
Tarheel_Wes

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went a different route with then capable bumper, modifying the ZRoadz light bar mount and drilling holes. Then attached the small diameter PIAA lights to match the size of the factory fog lights.

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Upgraded with Diode Dynamic Fogs and Spots 68A086E7-2FC5-4877-BF0D-8F1A0BB701C1

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Upgraded with Diode Dynamic Fogs and Spots 68A086E7-2FC5-4877-BF0D-8F1A0BB701C1

Very nice

Sponsored

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went a different route with then capable bumper, modifying the ZRoadz light bar mount and drilling holes. Then attached the small diameter PIAA lights to match the size of the factory fog lights.

Looks great! Nicely done. Mind sharing what modifications that install required?

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! Nicely done. Mind sharing what modifications that install required?
First, the folks that did the work: Round2 Offroad and Enigma Coatings in Austin area. On the light bar itself, they trimmed off the four front tabs and rounded the corner to match the front line of the bumper (remember it was designed for the Modular bumper). Since the edge was now exposed, we re-powder coated it black again. The bottom tabs of the bar line up pretty well to the surface of the Capable Bumper, especially where the bolt holes are at. If you look closely, you can see the back of those tabs have a small gap where the bumpers have a slight difference. They removed the bumper and drilled the four holes into the top and were able to mount it firmly. From there, the light mounting and wiring were pretty standard into the Aux switches. As I mentioned, its a pretty tight fit behind the lights, so bigger lights may not have worked. We placed everything before making the mods to be sure it would work. Its very solid and I like how it turned out.

I owe the ZRoadz folks an update as well, but I haven’t seen any new information about a similar bar for the Capable Bumper directly.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone seen specs in these factory fogs?

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today I received and installed the newly released Diode Dynamics Elite Fogs on my Capable bumper. Following @Tarheel_Wes instructions made it a piece of cake. Install process was exactly the same as the ss3’s and they fit flawlessly! I haven’t adjusted them yet, waiting till dark sometime this weekend.

That may prove to be the most difficult, or at least tedious, part because it is very tough to reach the adjustment screw with the bumper back in place. They have a clean oem look and a nice, but fairly dim, amber backlight and should be much brighter than the stock fogs. If anyone has questions on them let me know.
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Upgraded with Diode Dynamic Fogs and Spots E0105773-F998-44E1-9308-2AC2B9F95EAA
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Upgraded with Diode Dynamic Fogs and Spots 0CBD4144-FAE1-4429-A70D-5B5D5BBF28CB

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got mine today, hoping to install soon....hmmm, so how do we guess on the aiming? Install in the dark? lol

Sponsored

49faith

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Today I received and installed the newly released Diode Dynamics Elite Fogs on my Capable bumper. Following @Tarheel_Wes instructions made it a piece of cake. Install process was exactly the same as the ss3’s and they fit flawlessly! I haven’t adjusted them yet, waiting till dark sometime this weekend.

That may prove to be the most difficult, or at least tedious, part because it is very tough to reach the adjustment screw with the bumper back in place. They have a clean oem look and a nice, but fairly dim, amber backlight and should be much brighter than the stock fogs. If anyone has questions on them let me know.
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Upgraded with Diode Dynamic Fogs and Spots 0CBD4144-FAE1-4429-A70D-5B5D5BBF28CB
Looks good. They're not actually backlit though right? Just "On" in these pics?

OP
OP
Tarheel_Wes

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got mine today, hoping to install soon....hmmm, so how do we guess on the aiming? Install in the dark? lol
That may prove to be the most difficult, or at least tedious, part because it is very tough to reach the adjustment screw with the bumper back in place.
Yea, so the elites are way easier to aim, it's just a screw to turn...my SS3's are much harder.

Each time I've had to take off the bumper, adjust, re-hang the bumper, and then wait until dark and aim them (25 feet away for me the beam cut off needed to be 20" from the ground)

I finally have them adjusted the right way.

So, I like the LOOK of the ELITES better than my SS3's...but because I have the PRO power, my OUTPUT is more......I thought about moving my SS3's to the A-pilar, the problem is I don't want YELLOW up there, but I prefer White....and switching to a white lens on an originally yellow light causes its own problems.

So, I'm gonna stick with the SS3s' for now, especially since I have them adjusted.

But, these elites look GREAT....well done. and just follow the instructions on aiming.

Park 25' away at night (make sure you are level), and have the beam cut off 4" below whatever the height of the ground to the center of the light is at your rig.

Give us an update on it.

OP
OP
Tarheel_Wes

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty sure this is the amber backlight that's on.

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are backlit. When they are on they are white, but brighter than stock.

OP
OP
Tarheel_Wes

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are backlit. When they are on they are white, but brighter than stock.
Oh you got white not yellow?
Gotcha.
Yea they are definitely gonna be brighter than the OEMs.
Sponsored