First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A while back I had set the power point timeout on my Bronco to 4800s (the factory default) and it worked just fine, I could get power from the outlet in the back for about 1 hr after the main accessory power was turned off. However, I just tested it, and noticed that the power goes out as soon as the main accessory power is killed. Looked through the BdyCM module, settings are

Human readable:
Power Point Feature: enabled
Power Point Timeout, s: 4800

As-built
726-57-011C200100025A

Everything seems in order but the power in the back groes out immediately after the main accessory power is turned off. Any idea what may be the problem?

I am tempted to attempt restore from the Motorcraft as-built file, but Forscan tells me that the number of blocks does not match.

Suggestions?
Sponsored

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Be sure to check it after a few hours, and start the engine, not just Acc. I wired some lights to mine and kept messing with it, after a while it would no longer stay on. I tried again in the morning after a start and all is good. I think either it was tired of me messing with it or it went into battery save because I had run it so much during my test.

PS I know nothing of Forscan

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It was the battery. While I was messing with Forscan it dropped to a level that caused the power point to be disabled as soon as acc was off.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It was the battery. While I was messing with Forscan it dropped to a level that caused the power point to be disabled as soon as acc was off.
It would be nice if there was some sort of notification that these things happen to avoid issues like this. Not just all of a sudden stuff stops working
Sponsored