Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Toyota is not playing games right now and if they release a top off variant, Bronco is is trouble. The Bronco refresh needs to be a big upgrade now. HOSS 3.0 or 3.5 and the performance steering rack should be standard. Where is the mod top? Where is the white top? Where is the body colored top? Factory installed accessories?

Where?

Well, Toyota has all of that covered, so change is a comin!
Toyota dealers are bigger rapists than Ford dealers. My friend is looking for a Land Cruiser (and I'm borderline interested). What I'm hearing is most dealers want $20K markup on them. $10K at least on the lower trims. This is Sequoia 2.0 again - where dealers were asking $15K+ over in early 2023. None of these cars are anything special.

Related note, I don't know why Toyota keeps "selling" the Mirai at a $40K loss per vehicle. Toyota offers $15K in hydrogen when you lease/buy and discount the car by $25K on top of that. They are probably the worst depreciating vehicles in the industry - $60K new and maybe $9K used in 3 years. I think Ford/Toyota do it to lower their EPA/CAFE mpg.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyota dealers are bigger rapists than Ford dealers. My friend is looking for a Land Cruiser (and I'm borderline interested). What I'm hearing is most dealers want $20K markup on them. $10K at least on the lower trims. This is Sequoia 2.0 again - where dealers were asking $15K+ over in early 2023. None of these cars are anything special.

Related note, I don't know why Toyota keeps "selling" the Mirai at a $40K loss per vehicle. Toyota offers $15K in hydrogen when you lease/buy and discount the car by $25K on top of that. They are probably the worst depreciating vehicles in the industry - $60K new and maybe $9K used in 3 years. I think Ford/Toyota do it to lower their EPA/CAFE mpg.
Well, that’s were I said the ADM will be going. Of course, anyone who pays $20K over MSRP for anything not called a GT3, or Ferrari is an idiot.

These Toyotas are special in the minds of many who off-road because they tend to be bullet proof, just boring as hell, but $20K is crazy.

difference is, Toyota dealers know they are in no risk of falling off, ever. Toyota has sold a pair of 20 year old trucks for full price for 20 years with no customer demands for something new or modern. Add to that, Toyota doesn’t care how the dealers behave, because they don’t have to care.

Ford, on the other hand, has no such luxury and Ford dealers certianly do not and both will pay a penitence for the price gouging of a vehicle that should never have commanded such a premium.

Sure, I love my Bronco, but for what it is. What it isn’t is a $70K vehicle.

Last edited:

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess this is a hot take or a man yelling at the sky moment;, but...

The MSRP should be $5,500 lower PLUS a similar incentive to clear out lingering old stock.

ColbyLang

Outer Banks
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2 local dealers have about 8 each. All with $3000 off “hail damage rebates” on 2024’s

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well, that’s were I said the ADM will be going. Of course, anyone who pays $20K over MSRP for anything not called a GT3, or Ferrari is an idiot.

These Toyotas are special in the minds of many who off-road because they tend to be bullet proof, just boring as hell, but $20K is crazy.

difference is, Toyota dealers know they are in no risk of falling off, ever. Toyota has sold a pair of 20 year old trucks for full price for 20 years with no customer demands for something new or modern. Add to that, Toyota doesn’t care how the dealers behave, because they don’t have to care.

Ford, on the other hand, has no such luxury and Ford dealers certianly do not and both will pay a penitence for the price gouging of a vehicle that should never have commanded such a premium.

Sure, I love my Bronco, but for what it is. What it isn’t is a $70K vehicle.
I think older NA engine-based Toyotas are simple and reliable but I do not believe the new ones are. Reliability is something oft parroted by Toyota Cultists but the modern Sequoia, Tacoma, Tundra, Grand Highlander designs are anything but simple. As Car Care Nut says... they are very German :)

Hybrids are reliable because they are simple. Ford and Toyota joint own eCVT patents I believe. These hybrids don't have real transmissions (instead are planetary gears), no alternator, no starter motor, no secondary battery/motor for the start-stop system, and some don't even have mechanical AWD (electric motor powers the rear). And most hybrids don't use turbo engines (which I consider to be the new GDI - problematic long-term) but lower-powered engines (Ford and Toyota use Atkinson cycle engines in their PHEVs).

The new Sequoia is a complex beast and I seriously doubt will last 15-20 years. Even if it does there are plenty of very expensive parts to replace.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think older NA engine-based Toyotas are simple and reliable but I do not believe the new ones are. Reliability is something oft parroted by Toyota Cultists but the modern Sequoia, Tacoma, Tundra, Grand Highlander designs are anything but simple. As Car Care Nut says... they are very German :)

Hybrids are reliable because they are simple. Ford and Toyota joint own eCVT patents I believe. These hybrids don't have real transmissions (instead are planetary gears), no alternator, no starter motor, no secondary battery/motor for the start-stop system, and some don't even have mechanical AWD (electric motor powers the rear). And most hybrids don't use turbo engines (which I consider to be the new GDI - problematic long-term) but lower-powered engines (Ford and Toyota use Atkinson cycle engines in their PHEVs).

The new Sequoia is a complex beast and I seriously doubt will last 15-20 years. Even if it does there are plenty of very expensive parts to replace.
Love that context, but you know what they say about perception.…..

I’ve never owned and honestly never liked Toyota; think they lack soul or character, but no denying that people in America line up for them and will for these as well.

To your statement about complexity; that’s technology. Things can’t say in the stone age forever, but older vehicles were rust buckets as well and underpowered for the size, so there are trade offs for sure.

We live in a modern age, so we’ll need to adjust to modern tools and turbos, etc are just the reality of our environmental challenges. Don’t think any of us want the smog skies of the 1970’s to return and West Coast wildfires have become a costly issue as have hurricanes and other weather extremes, so we have to do something and can’t just ignore the needs for change, but I do undertand that change is difficult when the complex issues are hard for most to understand or accept.

In this modern age, the Toyotas will still be the best of the lot; don’t confuse launch issues with long term outlooks. 15 years ago, the 4Runner had issues, these were just engineered out over time, maybe that’ll happen again; who knows.

If Toyotas now have grown a soul, these trucks will be awesome, but I’m not heading to grab one for the near future.

Ford just better get its shit together.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Now is the time to buy a 2023 if you are in the market. I purchased a 2023 Badlands for $56k on an MSRP of 65k....see below.

IMG_1759.jpeg
IMG_5608.jpeg
back to where it was in 2021 where it should of stayed....

Ford Bronco Broncos in Stock - Some Marked Down $5,500 1713289326008-

Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be interesting to track the discounts of 4dr vs 2dr vs Braptor over time. The sales price data would be cool too. We just need dealerships to self report honestly... hahaha!
Here is some auction data from Bring A Trailer. Not exactly what you were after but neat none the less.

Ford Bronco Broncos in Stock - Some Marked Down $5,500 1713292775016-ys

Ford Bronco Broncos in Stock - Some Marked Down $5,500 1713292870159-s1

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is some auction data from Bring A Trailer. Not exactly what you were after but neat none the less.

I love data--the bigger Big Data, the better--so I appreciate it.

Whenever I see some missed opportunity to utilize data for transparency and informing the masses, I used to think they were incompetent for not taking advantage of it, but now I am sure it's most likely intentional or at least willful ignorance.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Basically, the Fed knew what they were doing after all. All of these high interest rates are killing inflation in the car market. Unfortunately, the effects hurt a lot and haven’t really seemed to impact housing costs, but no one wants another mortgage crisis either.

That Braptor sold for what it is; a $70K SUV. The fact that people are paying close to that for a WildTrak is….well, wild. Those days are coming to a close.

Hopefully soon the rich bois will go back to the BMWs and Benz and leave the Fords and Jeeps to the real…..err I mean normal people. :)

Sponsored

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

What about the two over $300k with the reserve not met? People are nuts...

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$5K off was so 2 months ago lol

I am now seeing $8K discounts on non Raptors 23s and $11K discounts on 23s Raptors. 24s only get $2K discounts. A heavily discounted loaded WildTrak caught my eye but I am too attached to my Heritage currently lol.

There’s even a new 24 Raptor that is $6K off MSRP. It been there almost two weeks now. This dealer sold their Ranger Raptor instantly at MSRP.
@voxel - what dealership are you seeing these heavy discounts?

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@voxel - what dealership are you seeing these heavy discounts?
Many in Florida but everything with $6K+ discounts seems to have eventually sold (my 23 Badlands order took 9 months to sell and only sold after a $6K discount)

https://www.elderfordoftampa.com/fords-for-sale-in-tampa-fl.html?Model=Bronco
https://www.brandonford.com/new-ford-bronco-tampa-fl

Ford Bronco Broncos in Stock - Some Marked Down $5,500 1713372128189-ie

This dealer had a dozen at $5K+ off but many have finally sold.

https://mullinaxfordfl.com/sale/ford-bronco-orlando-fl

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My hometown dealership has around 10 in stock and some are marked down. How do these prices compare to what ya'll are seeing? EDIT: I have zero ties to this dealership. I ordered my Badlands through them. Great group of people to deal with. Friendly small town dealership.

Ford Bronco Broncos in Stock - Some Marked Down $5,500 1713372128189-ie
My closest dealer shows 26...but a lot of those have the generic photo with the Ford train cars in the background, so I'm assuming those are dealer allocations not actually in stock yet. I get "Window sticker not found" when trying to view those. Everything that is listed is posted at MSRP. Of the 26, only 6 pulled a window sticker and three of those had blend dates that are too recent for the vehicles to actually be at the dealership. One has a blend date of today. :) I'm not sure about the others, but it's possible two of them haven't arrived either (March blend dates). This fits with what I see--every time I drive by the dealership, I never see a single Bronco on the lot. If they aren't sold before they arrive, they likely prep them and keep them inside the showroom. This is a fairly large dealership, too. My service write said they service 200-400 vehicles a day. o_O
Sponsored