Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you know if your bronco supports the bronco trail app? besides getting and error saying so. Do you need a super special bronco?
Sponsored

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fairly certain the app was dead shortly after initial release (no longer in play store). You aren't missing anything. It was ****, didn't have many trails, didn't include recording of 360 camera video as originally advertised.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you know if your bronco supports the bronco trail app? besides getting and error saying so. Do you need a super special bronco?
Google:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ford.broncotrailapp

Apple:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bronco-trail-app/id1672087586

I just logged in and loaded it up, looks like mine still works. I didn't go connect it to my Bronco, but it's "worked" recently. Went to save the trail ride, just for it to crash after an hour of driving and lose all the footage.
Your luck may vary.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I found the topos and imagery useful for offline navigation for trail. But doing anything else the app would crash. My guess is Ford fired the tech contractor.
Found, past tense? Does it still work for you? I can't get it to come up anymore. On a positive note OnX Hunt now works through Android Auto.

Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found, past tense? Does it still work for you? I can't get it to come up anymore. On a positive note OnX Hunt now works through Android Auto.
Hey dgorsett,

I am not sure what the difference is between OnX Hunt and OnX Offroad, but I use OnX Offroad and it is a fantastic app. Way more capable than the Ford Bronco app, which I could never get to work correctly (and I come from the computer industry so I know my way around tech) and OnX kicks the Bronco app.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey dgorsett,

I am not sure what the difference is between OnX Hunt and OnX Offroad, but I use OnX Offroad and it is a fantastic app. Way more capable than the Ford Bronco app, which I could never get to work correctly (and I come from the computer industry so I know my way around tech) and OnX kicks the Bronco app.
Yeah, Off Road is more oriented to trail driving with ratings etc. Hunt is hunting centered wit unit boundaries, property ownership etc. Off Road has been available through AAfor awhile, Hunt just started working a few days ago. I'm only going to pay for one, for now that's Hunt.

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you have a Bronco, the app is supported on it. If you're getting a 'vehicle not supported' error, it's most likely the app being stupid. It works most of the time on my '21 Big Bend. I was even able to record video with the telemetry overlay on the trail a couple weeks ago. There's a few clips of that starting at 12m15s in the video here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/broncos-hit-triangulation-point-tillamook-state-forest.92564/

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I played with the trail app when I first received my Bronco. I decided it's more trouble that it's worth.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't say it didn't work. I said it was a pain to use. :)