Sponsored

Bronco Plug and play 1150W RMS amp replacement kit for B&O back in stock!

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone used this setup what kind of difference did it make?

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Big difference. Power + parameterized DSP + plug/plug more or less. Dynamic range greatly improved.

I'm not certain of the all the trims, but for the LUX it's swapping out the OE DSP, direct plug into the DSP harness, a t-harness for the center/rears channels at the ACM, and HOT power cable from the battery.

Trim removal and routing of the wiring is the main effort.

Stock system bothered the SO. Upgraded system completely different ball of wax.

FWIW, stock system speakers should be swapped if you're making the investment.

Last edited:

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' BL, '15 LR4, '22 Beta 390-RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the mobridge amp installed, powering three-way active front stage, two rears and a JL Stealthbox. WAY more power than the stock system, the ability to set individual delays for all outputs, plenty of bandwidth on the EQ side to dial things in. And quite a bit more power for the sub than is needed by the JL, and certainly the stock amp.

And the size is impressively small.

Oh, and the post-sales support has been nothing less than amazing. Really good people that stand behind their product and want to see their customers happy.

Zero regrets. I would look no further if I were starting over again. But at the moment it is for the B&O system only, so keep that in mind.

bwilly68

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, Land Rover Defender
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
hey mobridge, I’m curious if and how this setup will allow a user to correct for the frequency filter the stock setup has on some of the speakers. Particularly the dash speakers that I keep reading have little bass frequency input. If I buy your amp setup and upgrade my speakers I should be able to feed them a wider range of frequency info. I guess I’m not sure if that low pass filtering is happening on the stock head unit or at the stock amplifier.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mObridge

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
hey mobridge, I’m curious if and how this setup will allow a user to correct for the frequency filter the stock setup has on some of the speakers. Particularly the dash speakers that I keep reading have little bass frequency input. If I buy your amp setup and upgrade my speakers I should be able to feed them a wider range of frequency info. I guess I’m not sure if that low pass filtering is happening on the stock head unit or at the stock amplifier.
Id be happy to explain this.

So the SYNC4 headunit actually sends an unfiltered clean signal to the factory B&O amplifier over A2B (digital audio bus). The factory amplifier has a built in DSP and this is where all the filtering and crossovers are applied.

Because we do it properly and remove the factory amplifier altogether in our kit, we grab a clean unprocessed signal straight off A2B. Our built in DSP is then fully adjustable to set crossovers on this signal however you desire before it is amplified. With our default Bronco tune that ships on the amp, we have crossovers set on the dash speaker channels at 300hz. This is also full adjustable all the way from 20hz to 20khz.

For example, people that have done the 6.5 inch conversion on the rear pods will be able to drop this crossover from 300hz to 70 for those rear channels.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the mobridge amp installed, powering three-way active front stage, two rears and a JL Stealthbox. WAY more power than the stock system, the ability to set individual delays for all outputs, plenty of bandwidth on the EQ side to dial things in. And quite a bit more power for the sub than is needed by the JL, and certainly the stock amp.

And the size is impressively small.

Oh, and the post-sales support has been nothing less than amazing. Really good people that stand behind their product and want to see their customers happy.

Zero regrets. I would look no further if I were starting over again. But at the moment it is for the B&O system only, so keep that in mind.
Agreed, post sales support has been flawless so far. Fast, responsive, and respectful. Will have my amp in 2 days... And I will review.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's happening at the stock dsp/amplifier near as I can tell.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed, post sales support has been flawless so far. Fast, responsive, and respectful. Will have my amp in 2 days... And I will review.
Not a review yet, but I got mine and installed it. Had a few minor issues, normal teething things considering the fact it's a new product in a new application. I have no doubt these small things will be handled for future orders (especially when they were proactive and told me before I encountered any issues).

Biggest issue, the mounting plate was 4 door specific, for the less than 15% of us with a 2 door and less than that for 2 door Broncos with Lux package, it's not surprising that this may have been missed. They have a solution for 2 door Broncos, my solution was to slot the mounting holes and move the amp slightly rearward. 15 minutes to mod the plate. Scale of 1-10, 1 being the most minor inconvenience and 10 being the worst, I would call this a 2 (at worst).

Second issue, dip switches weren't set for the Bronco. Flipped switch, fixed... Scale of 1-10? Solid 1.

Third issue, base Bronco tune not installed, which left me underwhelmed initially with the performance of the amp. MoBridge logged in to my computer, uploaded the correct tune and firmware, corrected the issue in a matter of minutes. Scale of 1-10? Maybe a 2, possibly a 1.

Overall, sounds better than stock by a considerable margin but needs some tuning still... Unfortunately I am going to Mexico tomorrow, so I won't have time to fully tune it until I return.

Difficulty of installation, 1 being easy enough for my girlfriend to install it to 10 being me hiring someone else to do it, I would rate the installation difficulty of the hardware at about 2 with the correct mounting bracket, 3 without the correct mounting bracket (at most). It was really very easy and straight forward.

Quality of tech support has been 10/10, flawless so far, every question answered and every issue resolved (including them wanting to immediately send new mounting hardware, etc).

Sound quality, too early to judge it fairly until I tune the system, but no doubt that the potential to sound awesome is there. Right now it sounds solid, but I don't want to give a final opinion without proper tuning of the system. It is definitely better than the B&O amplifier.

Bottom line, I would recommend it based on my experience so far. I don't see a reason that I would not keep it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mObridge

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not a review yet, but I got mine and installed it. Had a few minor issues, normal teething things considering the fact it's a new product in a new application. I have no doubt these small things will be handled for future orders (especially when they were proactive and told me before I encountered any issues).

Biggest issue, the mounting plate was 4 door specific, for the less than 15% of us with a 2 door and less than that for 2 door Broncos with Lux package, it's not surprising that this may have been missed. They have a solution for 2 door Broncos, my solution was to slot the mounting holes and move the amp slightly rearward. 15 minutes to mod the plate. Scale of 1-10, 1 being the most minor inconvenience and 10 being the worst, I would call this a 2 (at worst).

Second issue, dip switches weren't set for the Bronco. Flipped switch, fixed... Scale of 1-10? Solid 1.

Third issue, base Bronco tune not installed, which left me underwhelmed initially with the performance of the amp. MoBridge logged in to my computer, uploaded the correct tune and firmware, corrected the issue in a matter of minutes. Scale of 1-10? Maybe a 2, possibly a 1.

Overall, sounds better than stock by a considerable margin but needs some tuning still... Unfortunately I am going to Mexico tomorrow, so I won't have time to fully tune it until I return.

Difficulty of installation, 1 being easy enough for my girlfriend to install it to 10 being me hiring someone else to do it, I would rate the installation difficulty of the hardware at about 2 with the correct mounting bracket, 3 without the correct mounting bracket (at most). It was really very easy and straight forward.

Quality of tech support has been 10/10, flawless so far, every question answered and every issue resolved (including them wanting to immediately send new mounting hardware, etc).

Sound quality, too early to judge it fairly until I tune the system, but no doubt that the potential to sound awesome is there. Right now it sounds solid, but I don't want to give a final opinion without proper tuning of the system. It is definitely better than the B&O amplifier.

Bottom line, I would recommend it based on my experience so far. I don't see a reason that I would not keep it.
Thank you for the kind words!

The rear seat cupholders in the 2 door variant did catch us off guard... Until we have confirmed fitment in a 2 door with our new mounting plate we have removed compatibility for the 2dr from the product listing. We will keep you 2 door owners interested posted, once we have our new plate tested and fitment confirmed we will let you know!

For those wondering:
I am going to have to put the lack of dip switch being set and pre-loaded tune being flashed down to Friday-afternoon-itis ;). Because these amps can be used in all ford vehicles they do not come tuned for the Bronco out of the box, this manually has to be loaded on by us.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for the kind words!

The rear seat cupholders in the 2 door variant did catch us off guard... Until we have confirmed fitment in a 2 door with our new mounting plate we have removed compatibility for the 2dr from the product listing. We will keep you 2 door owners interested posted, once we have our new plate tested and fitment confirmed we will let you know!

For those wondering:
I am going to have to put the lack of dip switch being set and pre-loaded tune being flashed down to Friday-afternoon-itis ;). Because these amps can be used in all ford vehicles they do not come tuned for the Bronco out of the box, this manually has to be loaded on by us.
4 door owners are usually shocked that 2 doors get cup holders in every single 2 door without having to order leather. Then they become envious or worse angry. LOL.

BASE729

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before I start, I should mention that the last stereo upgrade I did was as a senior in HS in 1991... I've been doing my best to catchup to the latest technology, but my questions may be a bit basic.

I have a 2-Door with B&O system. Even though I'm not an audiophile, I want something better.

I very much like the plug and play aspect of the mObridge system. My plan is to upgrade in steps.

Here are my questions:

1. Is it better to upgrade speakers 1st, or install the mObridge amp 1st? Or in other words, what gives you the biggest bang for the buck as the 1st upgrade?

2. With respect to the speakers, would it be better to get a 3-way system for the front, or leave it as is with a separate speaker in the kick panel, and a separate speaker in the dash corners?

3. Which speakers should be wired to the 300W output?

4. I've been on Crutchfield looking at 'direct fit' speakers. Is matching RMS wattage the most important aspect when choosing speakers?

5. I've been debating between the audiofrog GS42 2-way speaker, or the Audiofrog GS-40 and GS-10 components. I like the simplicity of the single 2-way speaker, just don't know if the separate components make a noticable difference for the price increase.

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_400/A...&fa=1&o=d#&avf=Y&l=A&nvpair=FFBrand|Audiofrog

I'm sure I'll have follow-up questions, but curious to get feedback on above questions 1st.

Thanks,

Joe

OP
OP
mObridge

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4 door owners are usually shocked that 2 doors get cup holders in every single 2 door without having to order leather. Then they become envious or worse angry. LOL.
Yes, I think I would be the only person that hates the cup holders in the 2 door!

OP
OP
mObridge

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Before I start, I should mention that the last stereo upgrade I did was as a senior in HS in 1991... I've been doing my best to catchup to the latest technology, but my questions may be a bit basic.

I have a 2-Door with B&O system. Even though I'm not an audiophile, I want something better.

I very much like the plug and play aspect of the mObridge system. My plan is to upgrade in steps.

Here are my questions:

1. Is it better to upgrade speakers 1st, or install the mObridge amp 1st? Or in other words, what gives you the biggest bang for the buck as the 1st upgrade?

2. With respect to the speakers, would it be better to get a 3-way system for the front, or leave it as is with a separate speaker in the kick panel, and a separate speaker in the dash corners?

3. Which speakers should be wired to the 300W output?

4. I've been on Crutchfield looking at 'direct fit' speakers. Is matching RMS wattage the most important aspect when choosing speakers?

5. I've been debating between the audiofrog GS42 2-way speaker, or the Audiofrog GS-40 and GS-10 components. I like the simplicity of the single 2-way speaker, just don't know if the separate components make a noticable difference for the price increase.

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_400/A...&fa=1&o=d#&avf=Y&l=A&nvpair=FFBrand|Audiofrog

I'm sure I'll have follow-up questions, but curious to get feedback on above questions 1st.

Thanks,

Joe
1. This depends on what you are trying to achieve. Bass or clarity?

2. 3 way all the way! It makes a night and day difference, if you can be bothered with the wiring I would sacrifice your center channel, run is and the spare channel on our amp to tweeters mounted in the A pillars. This will sound awesome.

3. Our current loom wires the high power channels to the front kick panel speakers, this is what we recommend

4. Not really, matching RMS is only half the story for anything other than subwoofer selection IMO. Kick panel speakers you'll want something than can handle at least 100W RMS, but the sensitivity is also really important. In the case of your 4" dash speakers, power handling is irrelevant. I would base my decision entirely off the frequency response of the speaker and reviews from trusted sources.

5. Audio frog are awesome, system will sound great with a 2 way coax setup for sure, but if you want audiophile quality, it is worth the effort to run a couple extra wires to run the tweeters on their own channels. It just gives you a lot more tuning ability. Keep in mind though, this will be slightly more difficult to tune and if you are going 3 way active I would also recommend the purchase of a RTA microphone to dial them in properly.

happy to answer any futher questions.
Sponsored