Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is a non-comprehensive list of stuff you can do without needing a programmer/scan tool. Shamelessly copied and pasted from other sources, just putting it in one location. If there are more, or updates/corrections, I'm happy to update the original post with them. I made this so I can print it out and stick it in my glovebox because I can never remember it.

How to turn on Brake Maintenance Mode:
1) Turn ignition ON
2) Turn parking brake OFF
3) Press and hold down accelerator, and at the same time press and hold DOWN/OFF parking brake. Keep holding until you get to step 5...
4) Turn ignition OFF, pause for a second, and then back ON
5) Turn ignition OFF and release parking brake and accelerator, the screen should now indicate Maintenance Mode
**DO NOT try to drive with this mode on, your brakes won't work well!

How to re-engage normal brake service:
1) Turn ignition ON
2) Press and hold down accelerator, and at the same time pull and hold UP/ON parking brake. Keep holding until you get to step 5...
3) Press and hold down brake pedal for 2 seconds and then release
4) Turn ignition OFF, pause for a second, and then back ON
5) Release parking brake and accelerator, the brake warning lights and check engine lights should go off, you may need to start the engine to clear everything out

RESETTING THE BATTERY SENSOR
When you install a new battery, reset the battery sensor by doing the following:
1) Switch the ignition on, and leave the engine off.
Note: Complete Steps 2 and 3 within 10 seconds.
2) Flash the high beam headlamps five times, ending with the high beams off.
3) Press and release the brake pedal three times.
4) The battery warning lamp flashes three times to confirm that the reset is successful.

ProCal Rev Matching: How to Activate
1) Key must be in the on position (It does not matter if the engine is running).
2) Vehicle must be at a full stop
3) Hold the brake pedal down
4) Hold the speed control “+” button down until the tachometer reads 8K to indicate the input has been received (about 3 seconds).
5) Release the speed control “+” button. The tachometer will read 4k for 2 seconds to indicate the feature has been turned on.
6) You may release the brake pedal when safe.
7) The feature is active and the vehicle ready to use.

ProCal Rev Matching: How to Deactivate
1) Key must be in the on position (It does not matter if the engine is running).
2) Vehicle must be at a full stop
3) Hold the brake pedal down
4) Hold the speed control “-” button down until the tachometer reads 8K to indicate the input has been received (about 3 seconds).
5) Release the speed control “-” button. The tachometer will read 2k for 2 seconds to indicate the feature has been turned off.
6) You may release the brake pedal when safe.
7) The feature is deactivated and the vehicle ready to use.

Window Reset Procedure
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
1) Close the window.
2) Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for two seconds.
3) Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for two seconds.
4) Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a two seconds.
5) Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a two seconds.

Disable Seat Belt Chime
1) Sit in the seat you want to disable the chime for. (you will have to do it individually for all seatbelts you want to disable)
2) Push the ignition button with the key in the truck and without pressing the brake pedal. (So the ignition is on without the truck running)
3) Wait for the seatbelt light to go out.
4) As soon as the seatbelt light goes out buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 3 or 4 times until the seatbelt light comes back on.
5) Buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt one last time, the seatbelt light will flash a few times letting you know you did it right.

Clear Flood / Flat Crank Mode:
Hold down the gas and brake (or gas and clutch for 7MT) at the same time and press the start button.
Flood mode stays engaged while pressed, or for a default 5 second

Sync Reboot:
Hold Audio Power + Fast Forward until screen goes black (about 10 seconds)

Bezel diagnosis and speaker walk around test:
Ignition on, audio in AM/FM mode
Simultaneously press and hold the on/off button and the seek down button

Dealer Test Mode (Engineering Test Mode):
To enter the IPC engineering test mode or dealer test mode, begin with the ignition off. Press and hold the RH steering wheel switch OK button. Ignition on and continue to hold the button for 5-8 seconds until the display indicates Engineering Test (ET). Press the up or down arrow buttons to navigate through each of the display windows. To exit the IPC dealer test mode, press and hold the OK button for 5-8 seconds or place the ignition in off. Each down arrow button press advances the viewing window to the next set of items.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian_B

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does the Pro Cal rev matching work for all MTs or do you need a tuner of some kind.
Need to have the Ford Performance Calibration installed I believe. I haven't heard if there is a way to enable it without that.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whoa! Can’t wait to give that seat belt chime trick a try

thanks for sharing

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How to turn on Brake Maintenance Mode:
Is this supposed to be used before changing pads and/or rotors? I'm not familiar with this from my experience with other Ford vehicles.

Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great list, thanks for adding. If only rev matching could be unlocked out the box without the need for the performance tune. Onwards with heel-toe downshifts...

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hokey Pokey mode
  1. You put your right foot in
  2. You put your right foot out
  3. You put your right foot in
  4. And you shake it all about
  5. You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around
That`s what it`s all about!

OP
OP
Brian_B

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is this supposed to be used before changing pads and/or rotors? I'm not familiar with this from my experience with other Ford vehicles.
Supposedly - yes. It will pull the e-brake pin out from the caliper and allow you to remove the pads from the caliper.

I've pulled the caliper off the rotor without it, and had the rotors all the way off, but I've never tried replacing the pads, so I don't know what it would do if you tried to do that without entering Service Mode.

That said, I can't get Service Mode to work on my Bronco, and there are at least a couple of other folks posting here with the same issue. Apparently you can do it with FDRS as well (but that requires either a trip to the dealership or a paid license and compatible dongle).

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How about how to turn the idiotic chime that chimes multiple times when you set cruise!
Sponsored