First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2023 BD/Sasquatch - Cool summer day. I jumped in the Bronco and turned on the A/C (Normal, not Max). Got the vehicle cooled off and decided to open the windows. Turned off the A/C. Cold air continued to blow from the vents. No lights on the climate control panel so I know I shut it off. Cold air continues to blow. As best as I can recall, I turned the A/C on normal, then Max, then off and it felt more like outside air. This has happened more than once but hasn't bugged me enough to go back to the dealer. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You actually have to turn the fan off or it will continue to blow air regardless if you toggled the AC button.

Edit: My personal experience after taking delivery of my first Bronco in Michigan in early April '22. I'm from Florida so I am adverse to colder temperatures. I couldn't figure out why the cold air from outside was blowing through the vents. The first leg of the drive south, I just diverted the vents so my hands didn't get cold. It was only on the second day, that I realized the fan could be turned off.

Last edited:

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Braptor, ā€˜71 Highboy F250, ā€˜54 Willys
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You actually have to turn the fan off or it will continue to blow air regardless if you toggled the AC button.
Also, if itā€™s on AUTO but your comfort settings are lower than ambient temp, guess Iā€™ve never noticed if the A/C button lights up on its own or not šŸ¤”.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronco HVAC has a mind of it's own.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Werenā€™t the AC systems so much simpler just a decade ago. Maybe 2. All this complexity and it accomplishes nothing more.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Werenā€™t the AC systems so much simpler just a decade ago. Maybe 2. All this complexity and it accomplishes nothing more.
My 1993 Corvette has digital automatic climate control. So you may have to go back 4 decades.

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Braptor, ā€˜71 Highboy F250, ā€˜54 Willys
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I challenge anyone anywhere to show me their pre-ā€˜85 auto with factory installed A/C. Will need photo proof w/copy of title in their name. šŸ¤£. Not saying it doesnā€™t exist. Just saying I donā€™t remember anyone having it. Haha.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2023 BD/Sasquatch - Cool summer day. I jumped in the Bronco and turned on the A/C (Normal, not Max). Got the vehicle cooled off and decided to open the windows. Turned off the A/C. Cold air continued to blow from the vents. No lights on the climate control panel so I know I shut it off. Cold air continues to blow. As best as I can recall, I turned the A/C on normal, then Max, then off and it felt more like outside air. This has happened more than once but hasn't bugged me enough to go back to the dealer. Any thoughts?
Hi Larry! I can look into your Bronco's AC concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
Sponsored