First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 6.7 4WD CREW CAB LARIAT
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
EVs and plug-in hybrids don’t need “gas” stations nearly as much. It’s charged when you leave, it charges at your destination. A supercharger station will fast-charge when you need it. The time lost at a supercharger station vs gas station is gained back in the amount of time saved by not needing to go to a gas station as often.

further, mining for batteries is a one-time event. Batteries can be refurbished and recycled a lot better than oil.

also gas and ice will never go away. But it’s a better, cleaner mode of transportation for a siszable chunk of humanity.
30 miles range? BWAHAHAHAHA! STOP! JUST STOP!! LOL!!!
Sponsored

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interested in this model the absolute most. Have a Tesla, love the EV, but don't want another complete total EV. Plug in would be awesome.

What will be the price difference? Hmmm....

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well we jumped on the hybrid program last year and this year with a Maverick and now a RAV4. The Maverick when I drive it in town can get 61mpg but other drivers hate you for going so slow when in reality with its constant velocity transmission If I kick it it goes pretty damn quick, especially from 70+
Now granted it's not the solution to our issues but it will suffice until later when we get better solutions. Hydrogen looks pretty good but nobody wants to drive around a Hindenburg or a leak at a refill station?.
With the Bronco /hybrid, I think they'll have the same issue as jeep, not enough space for bigger batteries and adding more weight witch the Broncos are kind of light in the ass anyways but that can be accommodated with accessories.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At least Uncle Joe would let you get the 10% rebate If you could plug it in instead of holding the rest of the auto industry hostage

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like we're getting a hybrid version in 2025 with a face-lift and enhanced drivetrain options as soon as 2024. The expect the Bronco PHEV to be powered by the 2.3-liter EcoBoost I-4 engine and backed by a 10-speed modular hybrid transmission. You have to click through the picture gallery in the link below to read up on what's coming.
2025 Bronco Hybrid on Motor Trend
4-door only? Bummer. I guess I'll be "forced" to stick with my current Bronco even longer. :)

Sponsored

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The hybrid is not a sound financial move,
Do the math.
If your worried about fuel cost Don drive a Bronco.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
For example, Lightnings are becoming statues at Ford dealerships. It's as if they're oblivious to the rumblings of consumers; they don't go far enough, they take too long to charge and they're too heavy. Not to mention too expensive.
The big one is cost. My boss ordered one and it was in the mid $90k range. The PRO version is a lie, Ford only built 3000 or so, and made it almost impossible to order. Boss passed on his order when it showed up after we pointed out a crew cab F-150 wouldn't fit in his garage.

The Lightning has huge conquest numbers. The majority of buyers are not existing Ford customers and certainly not F-150 customers.

RaceRed66Retro

Banned
Heritage
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 6.7 4WD CREW CAB LARIAT
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The big one is cost. My boss ordered one and it was in the mid $90k range. The PRO version is a lie, Ford only built 3000 or so, and made it almost impossible to order. Boss passed on his order when it showed up after we pointed out a crew cab F-150 wouldn't fit in his garage.

The Lightning has huge conquest numbers. The majority of buyers are not existing Ford customers and certainly not F-150 customers.
The one thing all these EV folks don't want to even talk about is only about 4% of all U.S. energy comes from renewables (only if the sun is shining and the wind is blowing) the rest comes from Coal, Oil, Gas, and Nuclear. There is no free lunch EV Folks, sorry to burst your fantasy. Everytime you transform one form of energy to another there is a loss of efficiency than using the original form of energy to perform work and negatively effects the ratio of the effective or useful output to the total input in any system. That being said, the EV's are a RUSE. Not to mention our Electrical Grid is already over taxed. Every time I see one I say to myself: "There goes a COAL POWERED CAR".

EV folks, change my mind with facts not Gov. retoric or talking points.
Just sayin'

Last edited:

rfiorillo

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not worried about it one way or the other. I'll be dead before they figure it out but between now and then If the wife and kid can save some coin on transpo That's more to blow on trips and vacations.
At least the granola heads are loving it

Sponsored

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If you don't want one, don't buy one. Why would you want to prevent others from having a choice?
because the "creature comfort" hybrid crowd is ruining the 4x4 market.
the sacrifice of capability for a few eMPG (not to mention cost) is absurd.

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Interested in this model the absolute most. Have a Tesla, love the EV, but don't want another complete total EV. Plug in would be awesome.

What will be the price difference? Hmmm....
I spent the month of May in the UK (Scotland) driving a tesla. get out of town and finding power stations... nightmare. so much time wasted charging and looking for power sources. Also limited range. Im good (when it comes to any current technology)

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I spent the month of May in the UK (Scotland) driving a tesla. get out of town and finding power stations... nightmare. so much time wasted charging and looking for power sources. Also limited range. Im good (when it comes to any current technology)
That's fine and I would agree if that was your situation. Having a Level II charger at home, and literally 99% of the time never having to stop at a gas station and driving all within a 150 mile radius of my house - game changer. Gosh do I love not having to stop at the gas stations ever for my commute again. The few times I do have to stop for a charge when on 300+ mile trips, it is worth the 30-35 mile "fill up time" as the other vast majority of time spent is just 5 seconds for me to plug in the car and have it charge over night at the house.

However, for my camping vehicle and driving hundreds of miles and to less populated areas, yes I would want gas for this. To me still having a PHEV and having some sort of range for around town driving is still worth it.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every time I see one I say to myself: "There goes a COAL POWERED CAR".

EV folks, change my mind with facts not Gov. retoric or talking points.
Just sayin'
I live in Phoenix. Our electric cars are powered by the cleanest and safest form of power ever developed. Nuclear power. And yes, we have the largest nuclear power plant in the country in the middle of the desert. They use treated city waste water for the cooling stacks.

If we want an electrified future, we need to start building new nuclear power plants, and actually cut all the red tape, and build them.
Sponsored