Sponsored

2024 Big Bend Non Sas, what lift, tie rod, steer box??

RaZer

Big Bend
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How’s it going, new here and new to broncos.

I just bought a 2024 Big Bend Non Sas, 3.73 gear. I am wanting to get a lift to fit 37s, I am in Chicago, and won’t be going off roading, purely street and for looks.

The tires im looking at is the Miki Thompson Baja 37x12.50 and Fuel Rebel 6 20x10 -18

What size lift would I need to fit 37s, and Should I go for a readylift kit, zone, body lift, etc. Would I need to upgrade tie rod, steering box for this, or gear ratios.

I am looking for the most budget friendly build, while trying to keep geometry and keep everything from wearing down quickly or damaging other parts. I have looked at suspension lift and coil overs however, they get quite expensive, and unsure if I’ll need it as I won’t be doing any off roading.

Hopefully some of you guys could help me, thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You aren’t going to want to hear this, but stick to 33s max with 3.73 gears. No way you should put 37s on with that setup. Please don’t listen to all the idiots that say it’s fine. Just get Sasquatch takeoff shocks for the lift. They will give you all the clearance you need for up to 37s (again, assuming you upgrade the gears) and bolt right up with the existing factory components you already have. Brand new sas takeoff shocks are like $500-$700 on marketplace.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You aren’t going to want to hear this, but stick to 33s max with 3.73 gears. No way you should put 37s on with that setup. Please don’t listen to all the idiots that say it’s fine. Just get Sasquatch takeoff shocks for the lift. They will give you all the clearance you need for up to 37s (again, assuming you upgrade the gears) and bolt right up with the existing factory components you already have. Brand new sas takeoff shocks are like $500-$700 on marketplace.
I will second the statement about sticking to 33s.

My BB has 3.73 gears with 285/75r17 (33.8" diameter) and that would be the largest I would want to go given the loss of acceleration and slightly reduced torque I've noticed.

If you wanted 37s you would need a new FDU, rear axle, steering rack and sway bars. That could easily be a $15k proposition for parts alone.

I hate to say this because I know that inflation has increased prices for these vehicles, but if you are dead set on going to 37s you should probably trade into a Sasquatch. It will come with everything you need minus the lift.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If it’s just around town / do what you want.

Not sure on lift or offset you will need. If it’s just around town no need to upgrade the steering or tie rods anything else - just get enough clearance to not rub and pull he crash bars out. Your lift set should include new UCAs as well - you will likely need 2.5-3.0” - either via a lift kit or upgraded suspension, depending on your budget.

This would be a decent case for a body lift as well I think.

It will lug like all get out though, and there’s the risk of breaking something if you hit the curb at Starbucks wrong, but those are risks many mods take anyway.

Sponsored
OP
OP

RaZer

Big Bend
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh that’s a great idea for the suspension. I’ll definitely look into that since they are bilsteins

OP
OP

RaZer

Big Bend
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So what if I was to change the rings and pinions to a 5.29 front and rear? I would be just fine then? Because I found a set that’s pretty reasonable

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So what if I was to change the rings and pinions to a 5.29 front and rear? I would be just fine then? Because I found a set that’s pretty reasonable
Gearing wise you would be fine, but you are still running 37s on axles and steering designed for 31-34" tires. IMO this wouldn't follow your "keep everything from wearing down quickly or damaging other parts." requirement.

You would most definitely not be covered under warranty in the event of suspension damage.

Do what you want to your vehicle, but know that what you are doing is far overloading Fords durability and strength requirements for these components.

OP
OP

RaZer

Big Bend
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Gearing wise you would be fine, but you are still running 37s on axles and steering designed for 31-34" tires. IMO this wouldn't follow your "keep everything from wearing down quickly or damaging other parts." requirement.

You would most definitely not be covered under warranty in the event of suspension damage.

Do what you want to your vehicle, but know that what you are doing is far overloading Fords durability and strength requirements for these components.
So basically instead of being over the top and spending thousands to get to 37s just go the 35 route lol

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMO if you're determined to run that combo wheel and tire, I say do a 2" lift and throw them on. You'll know pretty quick if you need to do anything else.

Most of the other issues revolve around wheeling off road.

If you wanted 37s you would need... steering rack and sway bars.
I mostly agree with you, but you lost me here. Definitely no need for a steering rack to street drive with 37's. And not even sure why you mentioned sway bars..?

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He’s driving on city streets for looks. Put some Eibach Pro Truck 2.0 adjustable height coilovers on it and remove the crash bars and go with it. Regear later if you hate it. He’s obviously not gonna jump curbs with 20’s. So he should be fine. Won’t ever see 9th or 10th gear but so what?, he has 8 more lol.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can’t just change the gearing - you need an entire new rear end because your gears are welded in (to be more precise - you can, but it takes more parts than just a ring and pinion set and it ends up costing more than an entire new rear end)

And if you were to do that, you certainly can if money is no obstacle:
It would fix the problem of the Bronco lugging, there is a huge difference between 3.73 and 5.29 - but it doesn’t do anything for the lift / suspension or the other issues people are taking about. You probably do not want to be driving around town with 5.29 gearing.

For cheap - I’d get the Rough Country 2.5” lift kit - it comes with UCAs and a track bar offset. Put your 37’s on - make sure you get enough offset to prevent rubbing - and YOLO it. That gets you rolling down the road, but yeah you may need to start playing whack-a-mole with other issues as they pop up, depending on how you drive it

There isn’t anything you can do with 37s that makes it totally bullet proof and protects all your warranty - there is always going to be a weak link in that chain somewhere - just a matter of if that matters to you and how much you are willing to spend to chase it

Last edited:

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So basically instead of being over the top and spending thousands to get to 37s just go the 35 route lol
Yes, but that’s also not gonna be great with 3.73s…. I’d only do it with the lightweight factory Good Year territories… don’t go throwing 65 lb+ LT tires on it. Good news is you can also get brand new Sasquatch wheels/tires for cheap on marketplace (about $1500). Those plus Sasquatch shocks and the wider fender flares to make everything look right should get you all set for about $2500 total.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That would definitely be my recommendation. It'll still look rad and you won't end up kicking yourself down the road.
Sponsored