"200 Days" of Inventory on the Lot

Dew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Despite a stellantis employee discount, we purchased our last three vehicles from japan because of a previous jeep terrible transmission issues. And got rid of a GC lease for a family member for similar reasons. The premium price between a Bronco BB or BD is about $7k vs a Wrangler Sport S or $4k for a Willys. This vehicle will be somewhat of a toy and college car that will get plenty of abuse so we are trying to keep the price down. There are definitely deals on 2023's (beyond ridiculous 1k+ new mileage ones), but holding out for a 2024. Michigan ford dealers have a ton of them, but they don't know how to handle customers without ford affiliate discounts.
Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I'm super critical of Bronco pricing but they are selling better than Wranglers. Gas Broncos sell more than pure gas Wranglers. The Wrangler PHEV is 38% or so of Wrangler sales. Wrangler sales have declined 20% from over 210K in 2021 to 160K last year.
You can't buy an ICE Wrangler in a CARB state (off the lot and IIRC there are 19 of them and most of them are in the top 10 of car sales in the USA) because of emissions or MPG issues. They have to be special ordered.

ATLien

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm seeing tons of new Broncos on the road in my area these days. A lot more than there were just few months ago. Most are pricey, sasquatched, high trim levels too. So they were selling quite a few, at some point in the recent past. Haven't checked local inventory, but high prices didn't deter folks from buying the ones already on the road.

I bought my Wildtrak back in April. Shopped a few dealers and no one was charging ADM fees anymore, though there weren't budging from MSRP.

The price of entry has just gone up on vehicles across all makes and models. Not just Ford, and not just Bronco.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agree on all counts, except for the fact I am extremely unwilling to pay a premium for new bells and whistles. Most of my cars are base models for that very reason. I want a reasonably priced BB or BD with maybe the mid package for some extra features. That is hardly paying a premium. Plus, when vehicles aren't selling, why would I settle for a 2023 when I can haggle for a 2024? The tone of this forum isn't selling the Bronco for sure. The wrangler forum tends to be a little friendlier. Maybe the solid front axle and the loose steering shakes the sarcasm out of them . I will add I posted here my quest for finding a Bronco as the Wrangler site has been extremely helpful in finding dealers willing to make extraordinary deals on Wranglers. I was hoping to find the same type of useful info here.
Get ahold of Granger, they're not just a Ford dealer. I ordered my '23 Rubi through them and couldn't be happier with the deal I got, as well as with the vehicle. I can live with all the terrible, awful Jeep quirks with the current one just as I have with the previous four.

As previously stated, I couldn't order my cloth-seated BaseSquatch that I really wanted, so I bought my cloth-seated Rubi instead. For much less. Maybe by the time my JL is out of warranty, Ford will have come to their senses with Bronco.

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
More and more Broncos are gonna stay at lots longer now that the Ranger Raptor exists at very similar MSRPs. Like comparing an BMW M2 versus a "normal" 4 series coupe. I'll go for the M car every day!

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More and more Broncos are gonna stay at lots longer now that the Ranger Raptor exists at very similar MSRPs. Like comparing an BMW M2 versus a "normal" 4 series coupe. I'll go for the M car every day!
If I didn't HAVE to have manual and removable top I might be swayed to a Ranger Raptor. It's a pretty sweet package that's sure to win over a good chunk of the offroad market.

hemiblas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 base SAS Bronco, 2018 Rubi JL and JLU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get ahold of Granger, they're not just a Ford dealer. I ordered my '23 Rubi through them and couldn't be happier with the deal I got, as well as with the vehicle. I can live with all the terrible, awful Jeep quirks with the current one just as I have with the previous four.

As previously stated, I couldn't order my cloth-seated BaseSquatch that I really wanted, so I bought my cloth-seated Rubi instead. For much less. Maybe by the time my JL is out of warranty, Ford will have come to their senses with Bronco.
Totally agreed. Seeing Bronco's out here on the lots for MSRP and then I see jeeps at Granger for whatever percent under invoice plus a 2k factory rebate. To be fair my local jeep dealer isnt throwing out much in discounts either so it might be an unfair comparison, but it gets hard to justify another Bronco when I can get a jeep under invoice and ordered exactly the way I want it. I've been looking to replace a 2018 wrangler with something, I just havent figured out which way I want to go. If Granger was getting Bronco's it might be another story, but I think Ford is still restricting their allocations for this year, which is soooo short sited.

Agreed with all the other posts, if Ford brought back the base model, it would be a much easier decision. My 2023 base SAS, 2.7, was around 35k from Granger. I'd buy another at that price, if they existed.

Last edited:

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford, somehow, has misunderstood the public’s wants. Inflation aside, Ford should be making more low end models (including base) and less high end models. Like we’ve always said, most of these $60k+ broncos are really a $30k toy with another $30k in accessories.

These things would be flying off the shelves at $30-$36k. I’m guessing Ford over estimated the demand? And why so many trims?
I have a 2022 non-squatch BB, m/t.
I'm seeing tons of new Broncos on the road in my area these days. A lot more than there were just few months ago. Most are pricey, sasquatched, high trim levels too. So they were selling quite a few, at some point in the recent past. Haven't checked local inventory, but high prices didn't deter folks from buying the ones already on the road.

I bought my Wildtrak back in April. Shopped a few dealers and no one was charging ADM fees anymore, though there weren't budging from MSRP.

The price of entry has just gone up on vehicles across all makes and models. Not just Ford, and not just Bronco.
I purchased my non-squatch 2-door m/t BB in 2022. $39K out the door. Noisy with a cheap plastic interior yet super fun to drive. Average about 22mpg. A big unexpected joy has been doing mods with my son: front bumper, ditch lights, fogs, audio and more - that’s absolutely the best part.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Totally agreed. Seeing Bronco's out here on the lots for MSRP and then I see jeeps at Granger for whatever percent under invoice plus a 2k factory rebate. To be fair my local jeep dealer isnt throwing out much in discounts either so it might be an unfair comparison, but it gets hard to justify another Bronco when I can get a jeep under invoice and ordered exactly the way I want it. I've been looking to replace a 2018 wrangler with something, I just havent figured out which way I want to go. If Granger was getting Bronco's it might be another story, but I think Ford is still restricting their allocations for this year, which is soooo short sited.

Agreed with all the other posts, if Ford brought back the base model, it would be a much easier decision. My 2023 base SAS, 2.7, was around 35k from Granger. I'd buy another at that price, if they existed.
Last I heard, Granger was still getting screwed on Bronco allocations.

I'll add to my saga: I got my Rubi 43 days after placing the order for it with Granger. At the time, no Ford dealer could tell me when I'd see a Bronco, and they all wanted a premium to order. Nah.

Sponsored

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I paid 50k out the door for my 2024 2 door big bend bronco (no sasquatch).
I could have said no to a bunch of things (upgraded paint, auto trans, rear lockers, mid pkg, towing, etc) and been closer to 40k.
I am one of those consumers who knew what I wanted and the bronco fit the bill.
It's for work and fun, hauling equipment in the back and tooling around town. On the weekends I am going camping, dirt trails, etc. Taking the top off was a big reason as I had a convertible, but it was not a practical daily driver for me.
I agree with a lot of what has been said here. I think the avg consumer looking for a truck or daily is not going to be attracted to the Bronco. It's the guys and gals who know the heritage of the vehicle, had a family member with an older Bronco at some point (Bronco story), or are serious about off roading/overlanding that will purchase these vehicles.
I was in costco the other day where they had a beautiful 2024 heritage edition in robbins egg blue with the paint matched top for 70k. There was a consistent line of people looking at the car and commenting on how beautiful it was, but most will not buy it.
Remember, the original 66 was marketed as the truck equivalent to the Mustang.
I am very happy with mine so far, it is so fun to drive, has just enough space for my equipment and is small and nimble enough to navigate around town. The bestop sunrider has made taking the top off easy. It has been a great experience for me.
I think they could have equipped it a bit better without up charging, but I was not looking for high end luxury. I'm pretty practical with most things. I came from a 2016 Mazda CX5 which was pretty utilitarian. If not for the Bronco i'd still be driving it.
I hate seeing Ford over produce this vehicle and have a ton sitting on lots, especially all the 4 door units. They should have made this a niche vehicle and kept the dealership volume down.
The other thing that annoys me is that most of the dealership lot vehicles are high end with lux packages. Why not produce the new base big bend without all of the off road stuff for the person who is going to be 99% street driving.
I love this truck and plan on keeping it as long as I can.
Just my 2 cents.

Cav427

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 5.0 6 Speed, 2024 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The topic, Bronco Supply on lots is up. Flash, Jeep Wrangler's on lots way up. Before I bought mine in April (OB Lux Package) I drove a Jeep. Still felt like the 80's era Jeep, just not torquey and no manual. The New Jeep did have more power and felt faster, just not the same feel of a good ol' manual 5 Speed. Ride was comparable, and highway manners about the same. The Bronco does a great job of handling and aspires a lot more confidence at highway speeds. The Bronco's cabin feels bigger, and the Dash seems better planned out, but lacks analogue gauges of the Jeep. The seats in the Bronco are more comfortable, especially if one is thinner. For a majority of people seeking an "off road" vehicle, the Bronco feels like a better everyday driver. Also, few if any Jeeps were equipped with side steps, were as most Bronco's are.

Jeep excels for serious off roading and moding. Jeep has far more color choices, but it's inconvenient ride height, cramped cabin and old school suspension, not to mention quality issues get in the way of a broader appeal. So, my feelings lean towards the Bronco.

Want a Bronco, or another? Negotiate hard, no response from sales? Walk away. Ford and the dealerships will eventually get the message.

hemiblas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 base SAS Bronco, 2018 Rubi JL and JLU
Your Bronco Model
Base
The topic, Bronco Supply on lots is up. Flash, Jeep Wrangler's on lots way up. Before I bought mine in April (OB Lux Package) I drove a Jeep. Still felt like the 80's era Jeep, just not torquey and no manual. The New Jeep did have more power and felt faster, just not the same feel of a good ol' manual 5 Speed. Ride was comparable, and highway manners about the same. The Bronco does a great job of handling and aspires a lot more confidence at highway speeds. The Bronco's cabin feels bigger, and the Dash seems better planned out, but lacks analogue gauges of the Jeep. The seats in the Bronco are more comfortable, especially if one is thinner. For a majority of people seeking an "off road" vehicle, the Bronco feels like a better everyday driver. Also, few if any Jeeps were equipped with side steps, were as most Bronco's are.

Jeep excels for serious off roading and moding. Jeep has far more color choices, but it's inconvenient ride height, cramped cabin and old school suspension, not to mention quality issues get in the way of a broader appeal. So, my feelings lean towards the Bronco.

Want a Bronco, or another? Negotiate hard, no response from sales? Walk away. Ford and the dealerships will eventually get the message.
I havent driven a manual jeep, but the manual on the Bronco is loads of fun. Plus the 2.3 with the turbo just works well with it. Yeah, they are both very different vehicles and each has their own advantages and disadvantages.

Last I heard, Granger was still getting screwed on Bronco allocations.

I'll add to my saga: I got my Rubi 43 days after placing the order for it with Granger. At the time, no Ford dealer could tell me when I'd see a Bronco, and they all wanted a premium to order. Nah.
We need Granger to start getting Bronco allocations again and I bet Ford would see more sales. Instead they will ship them to the dealer lots and have them sit.

I remember the dealers telling everyone, you should pay full price because this is a special vehicle....Now that they are crowding the lots in mass quantities we will see how the pricing holds up...or doesnt.

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I know a dozen Ford salesmen from coast-to-coast, and they're all reporting that sales are drying up.
They surmise that high interest rates are obviously one reason. But also the money the WH pumped into the economy is drying up, and some wise customers are concerned that a hard landing lies ahead within the next 12 months.

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Braptor, ‘71 Highboy F250, ‘54 Willys
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My opinion - remove all the chips and software ($$$). No screens, no connected anything, even no radio. Just provide a capable 4x4 with the same styling. Only creature comfort I'd ask for is air conditioning.

Added - well - and maybe a better roof... .. .

rak2
Not at all gonna deny if they put out a bare bones base model with nearly no electronics, manual windows, vinyl seats and rubber mat floors, xfer case shift handle on the hump and a manual tranny, AND they priced it reasonably to its trim level, I’d order two. Right now today.
Sponsored