Catmandu1999

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Triumph Spitfire
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have described our situation exactly. Never enjoyed jeeps, we love everything our Bronco does: DD, road trips, snow beast, even some bottom scraping minor rock crawling with our base steelies. And it has been fun sourcing deals on mostly cosmetic upgrades to the base package. Pretty happy for $36k out the door.
A friend calls a few days ago to pick my brain on Broncos. I waxed poetic about my frugal experience with my Base 2dr. He bought a 2023 BRaptor. Sumbeetch, dead to me! :crackup:
Sponsored

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We need burger wars in the auto industry. McDonald's is now matching the Wendy's concept of the biggie bag for $5. And you can get a burger at Arby's What's with that? A run of $25,000 stripped SUV's would turn the market on its head. You can't even by a "work" pickup anymore that does not come with luxury trim and power everything. Name a current vehicle for sale that has crankup windows and no AC - well AC is mandatory because the catalytic converter and other emissions hard/soft ware makes even a Focus unbearable without. And cameras everywhere all because too many people cant turn their heads around to look behind
2024 Dodge Ram 1500 Classic. $38,700 quad cab 4x2. It has infotainment I guess, but it has manual locks and windows. It has air conditioning.

Reactions: LCW

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This thread is all over the place.
Lots of view points steming from different factors, and there are different factors, not just one reason.

But at the end of the day, I doubt Ford cares.

Broncos are not built in a Bronco dedicated factory. They share a line with Rangers, which means at times there will be a temporary surplus of Broncos and then a temporary surplus of Rangers and back and forth depending on timing.

This is all very new to Broncos, but only because Ford finally caught up with pre-orders, covid supply chain issues. We are back to the normally scheduled program.

Rewind to 2017 or any date precovid and at times you'd drive by a dealer and see rows and rows of a specific car, and then a few months later you would see the same rows filled with a completely different model.

Now, the average car buyer can finally walk into a dealer and check out one of those Broncos they've been seeing around, sit in one, compare the different trims, and test drive for comparison.

I'm not disagreeing with other factors, but you can't ignore the return to normalcy either.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have well over 100 x 2023/24 Broncos sitting on lots for sale in my surrounding area. Ford is offering a $4k discount on all of them plus whatever the dealers are willing to discount and still they are selling slowly. I think it's a combination of the economy and a saturation point for this type of vehicle. The Bronco is a niche vehicle and there's only so many Canadians that are willing to put $60k down on a vehicle like this and a lot of them have already purchased Broncos or are sticking with Jeep. As others have stated dealers haven't done themselves any favours by ordering loaded models with high MSRP as there are very few manual transmission or 2-doors available. As said above maybe this is a return to normalcy as there's always been dealer lots full of F150's but the Bronco being more niche than pickup trucks makes it a bit more concerning but the positive is that if you want a Bronco, you can now get them heavily discounted so it's nice to see the tables turn to the consumer's favor.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
We have well over 100 x 2023/24 Broncos sitting on lots for sale in my surrounding area. Ford is offering a $4k discount on all of them plus whatever the dealers are willing to discount and still they are selling slowly. I think it's a combination of the economy and a saturation point for this type of vehicle. The Bronco is a niche vehicle and there's only so many Canadians that are willing to put $60k down on a vehicle like this and a lot of them have already purchased Broncos or are sticking with Jeep. As others have stated dealers haven't done themselves any favours by ordering loaded models with high MSRP as there are very few manual transmission or 2-doors available. As said above maybe this is a return to normalcy as there's always been dealer lots full of F150's but the Bronco being more niche than pickup trucks makes it a bit more concerning but the positive is that if you want a Bronco, you can now get them heavily discounted so it's nice to see the tables turn to the consumer's favor.
Just to add to your last comment, the tables seemed to have turned too late since the Bronco has gone up $10k or more since launch?

Without checking Ford's site, how close can you get to a $43k MSRP on a similar equipped BaseSquatch with a 2.7l? My guess is not close at all since no more Base, and the Big Bend can only have the 2.5l. So in my book, even $4k in discounts is still putting you $10k over what the prices were 3 years ago. And what does this do in the long run? Ford ends up killing the Bronco again with the SAME excuse they used in the 90's? Saying they didn't sell enough and that's why they scrapped it?

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok Mr. Can't Get Right. The Explorer and the F150 do not share the same system. The Explorer 3.3 system was awful. I am not sure on it's reliability but it's usefulness was negative. It was thousands and thousands of dollars for 1 extra MPG. And that is the joke of the official EPA ratings.
dumbass the hybrid F-150 and Explorer use the same freaking transmissions, which is the hybrid system outside of the battery

https://greencarjournal.com/dont-miss/modular-hybrid-transmission-adds-efficiency/

It’s 90% identical to the 10R60/80 transmissions and is affected by the same recalls as them

Hybrids. Combine all of the disadvantages of an EV with the disadvantages of an ICE.
You can't force people to buy EVs if they aren't comfortable with them either, PHEVs are a stepping stone to EVs for most customers

Normal transmission hybrids with turbo engines - stay away. What you say is true. See how BMW-complex the new Toyotas are. These vehicles jam an electronic into a regular 8-10 speed transmission and on top use complex turbos.
This is the system Ford is using in the F-150 (for years) and in the Ranger overseas (3.5L and 2.3L Ecoboost) and they don't seem to be having the same issues as BMW or Toyota has.

The thing is that people are completely missing the point on with hybrids-the eCVT models get far better MPGs their their NA counterparts because they are using an Atkinson style Cycle (which is more efficient but doesn't produce as much power as an Otto cycle) combined with a electric motor to make up the power difference.

In larger engines like V6, a hybrid is being used as a power adder (most of the time) and only has a minor impact in gas mileage. Just using the F-150 as an example, the Hybrid 3.5L Ecoboost only has a 4 city and 1 highway improvement over the 2.7L in the same vehicle (which is being used because it has the best MPGs for a non hybrid), which works out about a $350 a year savings in gas. The 3.5L hybrid also offers considerable power increase over the 2.7L, but also is a considerable price increase.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And what does this do in the long run? Ford ends up killing the Bronco again with the SAME excuse they used in the 90's? Saying they didn't sell enough and that's why they scrapped it?
Historically automobile manufacturers have long been their own worst enemy. Almost always reactive of trends rather than proactive. This is born from publicly traded companies where quarter end and year end sales numbers always outweigh what's best for next quarter/year, etc. They got caught up with the greed coming out of the pandemic and are now in a situation where they have a slow moving product that the public deems overpriced. These discounts are just the beginning as these Broncos will have to be moved eventually so it's on buyers to bide their time and drive a hard bargain.

Dew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Where are the deals? I found a dealer heavily discounting, albeit an inflated msrp, Jeep Wrangler, but I cannot find deals on a Bronco. A 2 door base mid 30's would be a perfect fit for light towing, doors/tops off fun, beach driving, extremely light off road. It's hard to justify a $40k+ extra vehicle toy purchase, particularly when it will be my college kid's vehicle for part of the year. I'd love to explore some tougher off-road trails with it, but I can't afford both time wise and costs of breaking it. There are tons of beach ride oriented wranglers and broncos around me. People buy them for their 4x4 capabilities and as fun convertibles. The constant drum beating of off road capabilities is tiresome given the vast majority don't use it that way.
Find me a mid 30k deal on a 2 door bronco to fit my usage and we'll buy it within 24 hours. And no, the sport escape is not the answer.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Where are the deals? I found a dealer heavily discounting, albeit an inflated msrp, Jeep Wrangler, but I cannot find deals on a Bronco. A 2 door base mid 30's would be a perfect fit for light towing, doors/tops off fun, beach driving, extremely light off road. It's hard to justify a $40k+ extra vehicle toy purchase, particularly when it will be my college kid's vehicle for part of the year. I'd love to explore some tougher off-road trails with it, but I can't afford both time wise and costs of breaking it. There are tons of beach ride oriented wranglers and broncos around me. People buy them for their 4x4 capabilities and as fun convertibles. The constant drum beating of off road capabilities is tiresome given the vast majority don't use it that way.
Find me a mid 30k deal on a 2 door bronco to fit my usage and we'll buy it within 24 hours. And no, the sport escape is not the answer.
30 second worth of searching on Cars.com yielded this-- happy wheeling we'll expect pictures tomorrow or Friday.

Ford Bronco "200 Days" of Inventory on the Lot 1719412614326-bf

Dew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
30 second worth of searching on Cars.com yielded this-- happy wheeling we'll expect pictures tomorrow or Friday.

1719412614326-bf.jpg
They are of the pretend not everybody eligible discount ilk. As is every ford dealer in Michigan, as well as Waldorf and Koons in the DMV metro area.

Plus, this is a 2023. I'm greedy for wanting a 2024 and the bigger screen interface.

High 30's for '24 Mid packaged, auto BB or BD. Preferably with a tow and aux switch package. The numbers I've seen are very close at some dealers, but not enough to close the deal.
If there is a deal like this out there, we'd seriously consider buying it literally this weekend as the check is ready.

Last edited:

Sponsored

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They are of the pretend not everybody eligible discount ilk. As is every ford dealer in Michigan, as well as Waldorf and Koons in the DMV metro area.
No idea what you're trying to say..lol The dealer in in PA not MI. You said find a 2 dr Base under 40K and you'd buy it within 24hrs.. Pics tomorrow or Friday?

Dew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No idea what you're trying to say..lol The dealer in in PA not MI. You said find a 2 dr Base under 40K and you'd buy it within 24hrs.. Pics tomorrow or Friday?
2023. I've seen it.

Wranglers are 15-18% off msrp. I prefer a bronco, but they are overpriced. Find me my specs listed above for a '24 and I'm definitely interested. Cars.com is a haven for dealers shellgame of cars.

That particular dealer iirc isn't well rated either

You are also acting like someone super excited about buying a bronco hasn't heard of cars.com lol.

Last edited:

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2023. I've seen it.

Wranglers are 15-18% off msrp. I prefer a bronco, but they are overpriced. Find me my specs listed above for a '24 and I'm definitely interested. Cars.com is a haven for dealers shellgame of cars.

That particular dealer iirc isn't well rated either
lol, I'm not going to do your leg work..find it yourself. You made no stipulations when your first launched into this hodge podge search except for what I searched for. I quote " A 2 door base mid 30's would be a perfect fit for light towing, doors/tops off fun, beach driving, extremely light off road... And no, the sport escape is not the answer. "

Go walk lots, bug a salesmanager to use their locate service...I'm out.

Dew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
lol, I'm not going to do your leg work..find it yourself. You made no stipulations when your first launched into this hodge podge search except for what I searched for. I quote " A 2 door base mid 30's would be a perfect fit for light towing, doors/tops off fun, beach driving, extremely light off road... And no, the sport escape is not the answer. "

Go walk lots, bug a salesmanager to use their locate service...I'm out.
I'm very confident I saved the sticker for this PA based dealer on my laptop as I already saw it. I've also looked in DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia), New England, Michigan,etc. Many dealers I reached out to changed their cars.com price because 'I didn't qualify for their price discounts'. Bait and switch bs.

You're acting like those looking don't know of cars.com? Lol

And WTF? Did you even click through to see the specs? Would you want to buy a 'new' car with Mileage: 1,050 mi???

Ready to pounce keyboard warrior to eff with people rather than help. Why are you here exactly?

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just to add to your last comment, the tables seemed to have turned too late since the Bronco has gone up $10k or more since launch?
When accounting for sales tax, MSRP increase, and delivery increase, the cheapest Bronco you can order is now over $14.6k higher than I paid for mine.
Sponsored