Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fifth time in Moab in two and a half years.

As far as I can find on BG6 and on YouTube a Bronco on 37s has not done this trail till @Felix808 and I ran it. In two and a half years I have run the stock 2.0 steering rack this is the first week in Moab with the 3.0 rack and have never had a broken tie rod till now.

We meet up with three jeep at the trail head which was a big help as they had run the trail before and help with spotting us.

Cliff Hanger is the hardest trial I have run to date with the Bronco. I would state that I am determined and not intimated by obstacles in my path and can pick a line of approach that works. My method is "not just to send it" it's just I don't drive scared, if damage happens so be it, that's why I wheel for the challenge, the driver and Bronco against the terrain. I would say yes i'm aggressive, but that's who I am. Great trip to Moab enjoyed it immensely. I will not pull cable till i'm stuck or broken as we have seen.

Damage report broken tie rod trail repair finished the trail, scratched the same area of damage from a year ago drivers side fender and door.

Big thanks to @Felix808 and @El Diablo, and we can't forget Kenny the camera man, great guy.

Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco Sasquatch Trip to Cliff Hanger @ Moab. Tie-Rod Broken, Fixed, Finished Trail IMG-20240503-WA0019
Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco Sasquatch Trip to Cliff Hanger @ Moab. Tie-Rod Broken, Fixed, Finished Trail IMG-20240503-WA0020

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dang I’m sad that I missed it. But previous commitments are previous commitments. Looks like a blast!

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great videos! 🤩

On the broken tie rod, it doesn't look like you bounced, overextended or bound up right at the part. On the video where you hit the side, it does look like your wheels got squeezed in around when you hit. (We can see the passenger side wheel, I wonder if the tie rod shows stress?)

I'm wondering if you might've damaged the tie rods at that point, then later a little (smaller) amount of pressure completed the break? I don't see why it would snap right there, except the wheel is turned out a little.

Also, is that an arm coming out the back window? 👋 👀

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great videos! 🤩

On the broken tie rod, it doesn't look like you bounced, overextended or bound up right at the part. On the video where you hit the side, it does look like your wheels got squeezed in around when you hit. (We can see the passenger side wheel, I wonder if the tie rod shows stress?)

I'm wondering if you might've damaged the tie rods at that point, then later a little (smaller) amount of pressure completed the break? I don't see why it would snap right there, except the wheel is turned out a little.

Also, is that an arm coming out the back window? 👋 👀
In two and a half years I have run the stock 2.0 steering rack, went Moab four times on the Rubicon three time and lots of other trails in the Sierras. I have always tried not to let the front bounce and drive it easy. This was the first week in Moab with the 3.0 rack, but after four days off hard wheeling broke a tie rod till on Cliff Hanger. I made multiple attempts at the obstacle where the rod broke it was a bitch of big rocks. It could have been a combination of all the wheeling adding up. Have not really inspected the tie rod yet to check for stress.

Yes that is my traveling hand in case I need help. :ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco Sasquatch Trip to Cliff Hanger @ Moab. Tie-Rod Broken, Fixed, Finished Trail 20240430_132226

Sponsored
OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

“STOP! Hold on”

**continues driving**

“Oh, okay looks like you’re gonna miss it”

😂😂👊🏼👊🏼
By the end of the trail the spotter was getting tired of my driving style. I knew that I was going to make it when he said stop I wanted to keep my momentum up.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In two and a half years I have run the stock 2.0 steering rack, went Moab four times on the Rubicon three time and lots of other trails in the Sierras. I have always tried not to let the front bounce and drive it easy. This was the first week in Moab with the 3.0 rack, but after four days off hard wheeling broke a tie rod till on Cliff Hanger. I made multiple attempts at the obstacle where the rod broke it was a bitch of big rocks. It could have been a combination of all the wheeling adding up. Have not really inspected the tie rod yet to check for stress.

Yes that is my traveling hand in case I need help. :ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco Sasquatch Trip to Cliff Hanger @ Moab. Tie-Rod Broken, Fixed, Finished Trail 20240430_132226
Oh, so you broke the thicker FP tie rod? I missed that detail. Very interesting. I'd heard they have broken but I think this is the first video I've seen. I do wonder what the other looks like.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fifth time in Moab in two and a half years.

As far as I can find on BG6 and on YouTube a Bronco on 37s has not done this trail till @Felix808 and I ran it. In two and a half years I have run the stock 2.0 steering rack this is the first week in Moab with the 3.0 rack and have never had a broken tie rod till now.

We meet up with three jeep at the trail head which was a big help as they had run the trail before and help with spotting us.

Cliff Hanger is the hardest trial I have run to date with the Bronco. I would state that I am determined and not intimated by obstacles in my path and can pick a line of approach that works. My method is "not just to send it" it's just I don't drive scared, if damage happens so be it, that's why I wheel for the challenge, the driver and Bronco against the terrain. I would say yes i'm aggressive, but that's who I am. Great trip to Moab enjoyed it immensely. I will not pull cable till i'm stuck or broken as we have seen.

Damage report broken tie rod trail repair finished the trail, scratched the same area of damage from a year ago drivers side fender and door.

Big thanks to @Felix808 and @El Diablo, and we can't forget Kenny the camera man, great guy.

Thank you so much for posting videos of the adventure your Bronco went through! It is always nice to see what the Big Bronco is capable of and how intense it can get!

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dang I’m sad that I missed it. But previous commitments are previous commitments. Looks like a blast!
I wish you could have come it would have been great to have you with us, you wheel hard.
Another Bronco Driver like your self with hard core experience on 37s.

Packages delivered.

Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It looks like you came down on the tie rod the attempt before it broke - or at least stressed it.

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mordoor owner here and this is the first time I really felt the 2 doors seem so much more at home offroading !
The other Bronco was a four door. Each wheel base has it's advantages and disadvantages over rock obstacles. It's easier for the four doors going up tall rock cliff faces, the front wheels get to the top and pull the rest of the Bronco up. I have to really roll into them once the the front wheels are on the face hit it and pull my way up with all four wheels.

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It looks like you came down on the tie rod the attempt before it broke - or at least stressed it.
Yes that is very true I had made obstacle attempts slamming down on the rocks before the front wheels made it to the top then the tie rod snapped.