First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We hit Moab during EJS this week. Left before the bronco basecamp put on by that other group.. but only because we didn’t know about it.

We go to Moab a few times a year, camping, mtn biking, hiking, rafting.. used to go jeeping there as well. But we traded the jku for a 4dr wildtrak… we tested her simply, with a chicken corners run and a buttes and towers(7 mile rim) run..

It’s a very capable rig stock as-is. Happy that I installed a transmission skid plate.. it came in handy a couple times. Only had to use rear locker once..
the sand line to Merrimack and Monitor was a blast.

Ledges were no problem. Will certainly find a sway bar solution, either some disconnects that receive better reviews than what’s currently available or Antirock….(Leaning towards Antirock)

Ford Bronco 1st trip to Moab with Bronco IMG_6968
Ford Bronco 1st trip to Moab with Bronco IMG_7004
Sponsored

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like your four-footed buddy enjoyed that ice cream!

BulletTheBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We go to Moab Memorial Day Weekend and that following week. I have been contemplating a transmission skid plate. I have a Black Diamond so it already has the others but no transmission skid plate either. What one did you go with?
Any other tips for first time Moab trip? We plan to hit chicken corners, fins and things, top of the rock, Shaffers, etc. Some that are fun but not anything crazy like hells revenge or something where I can’t drive it back.

Kmautah

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat, Tesla Model 3, MB Sprinter Van (170)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We hit Moab during EJS this week. Left before the bronco basecamp put on by that other group.. but only because we didn’t know about it.

We go to Moab a few times a year, camping, mtn biking, hiking, rafting.. used to go jeeping there as well. But we traded the jku for a 4dr wildtrak… we tested her simply, with a chicken corners run and a buttes and towers(7 mile rim) run..

It’s a very capable rig stock as-is. Happy that I installed a transmission skid plate.. it came in handy a couple times. Only had to use rear locker once..

Ledges were no problem. Will certainly find a sway bar solution, either some disconnects that receive better reviews than what’s currently available or Antirock….(Leaning towards Antirock)

Ford Bronco 1st trip to Moab with Bronco IMG_7004
what a great photo!

Sponsored
OP
OP
RedShiftWT81650

RedShiftWT81650

Wildtrak
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We go to Moab Memorial Day Weekend and that following week. I have been contemplating a transmission skid plate. I have a Black Diamond so it already has the others but no transmission skid plate either. What one did you go with?
Any other tips for first time Moab trip? We plan to hit chicken corners, fins and things, top of the rock, Shaffers, etc. Some that are fun but not anything crazy like hells revenge or something where I can’t drive it back.
i went with the LOD skid plate.. it was between that and talons… the LOD could be shipped in time for that trip.
LOD transmission skid plate

is your black diamond a sas package bronco? The bigger tires would be helpful on any trails rated 4 or above (per the red rock 4 wheelers rating system)

Hella revenge isn’t terrible, all of the tough obstacles have go-arounds.
Fins n things is a blast. There are a couple videos on YouTube done by bronconation that give some pointers.. pretty straight forward. Good luck and have so much fun!

OP
OP
RedShiftWT81650

RedShiftWT81650

Wildtrak
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like your four-footed buddy enjoyed that ice cream!
She loves ice cream and doing fun camping road trips with her people. She’s the best girl. Spoiled rotten! Just like every not-so Great Dane should be!

BulletTheBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i went with the LOD skid plate.. it was between that and talons… the LOD could be shipped in time for that trip.
LOD transmission skid plate

is your black diamond a sas package bronco? The bigger tires would be helpful on any trails rated 4 or above (per the red rock 4 wheelers rating system)

Hella revenge isn’t terrible, all of the tough obstacles have go-arounds.
Fins n things is a blast. There are a couple videos on YouTube done by bronconation that give some pointers.. pretty straight forward. Good luck and have so much fun!
It isn’t a Sasquatch originally but I essentially made it a Sasquatch except no front locker. I actually sit a little bit higher than a Sasquatch when I compared it to another black diamond that came with the Sasquatch package.

IMG_5333.jpeg

OP
OP
RedShiftWT81650

RedShiftWT81650

Wildtrak
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It isn’t a Sasquatch originally but I essentially made it a Sasquatch except no front locker. I actually sit a little bit higher than a Sasquatch when I compared it to another black diamond that came with the Sasquatch package.

Ford Bronco 1st trip to Moab with Bronco IMG_5333
Nice looking Bronco.. it will certainly get the job done.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Looks like a great time! Happy to see that your dog made the most out of the trip as well!

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Next Venture Motorsports in GJ is who equipped my Sas with full skid plate kit and rock rails.

You can order your kit, have it ready when you show up, they will install and you can be on your way to Moab.

Since you ride, you can easily get a several hour bike ride on the river trail there to kill time. Great hotel and restaurant that is part of Colorado Mesa University.
Sponsored