Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree and I don't know why it has to be an all or nothing position. Both the Bronco and 4Runner can be/are great trucks, albeit in slightly different niches.

As far as prices, LOL they are never coming down. Best we can hope for is smaller incremental increases every MY.
Competition brings prices down; that’s why all companies strive to be a monopoly in a market; comp lowers margins of profit and sales forecasts.

Prices will come down, mostly in the form of incentives since Bronco sales will slow dramatically this fall. Broncos can already be had below MSRP, which was not the case a year ago.

Tesla has lowered prices, the Ford Lightning prices have dropped, as have those for many vehicles, so that’s just demand economics.

Competition also drives innovation and improvements in overall quality. Ford cut a ton of corners on Bronco. One that pisses me off where not frame mounting the rock rails. Body mounts are for poseurs, not wheelers. Toyota looks to have frame mounted rock rails from the factory; that’s an amazing shot at the Bronco and I’m here for it.

The mid cycle refresh may be too late for Ford to change and I feel they may have phoned it in; well, they’ll pay a heavy price for that. Think the next gen calendar may have moved up. The hybrid option may also come sooner now and I’d bet Ford manages to either hold prices steady or drop MSRP.

Free, competitive markets are good for customers, so the more the better.

I’d take a Land Cruiser over the 4Runner, but both look to be strong options in the mild off-road market.

ogrunner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was part of an off road focus group not long ago with both the trd pro and trail hunter there. Let’s just say these will convert a lot people since they have more creature comforts for daily use yet plenty capable.. That being said, the Bronco is still the true off roader

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Feels really... safe? Like you teased this for so long and kinda didn't change much. Maybe saving all the razzle dazzle for the FJ

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No soft top, uncomfortable unless you're under 30.....nope.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No 2-door or manual transmission available? TOTAL FAIL.
Glad TurdRunner missed this market. There's an ass for every seat....we don't buy non-American.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve owned many Toyotas so I got no issues with it but no removable top, no dice for me. Now if they come out with a faithful rework of the FJ40….which the FJ cruiser was not, then I’d sign up for one in a heartbeat.

There’s still something really cool about the Bronco I think so I’m keeping mine.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really hope a friend gets one of these so I can drive it off road! I’m keeping my Bronco though. Always fun to have a mix of vehicles in a group.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like the looks....I think it looks rugged. But it's not a competitor to the Jeep/Bronco crowd.
No 2-door or removable panels. Still excited to see Toyota refresh this, but too big of a vehicle for my needs.

Sponsored

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of surprised (from what I see in the videos at least) that they stuck with that tiny sunroof.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's funny when people compare it to a Rav4, since the latest Rav4 was designed to look more like the 5th Gen 4Runner, LOL.

I had a 2018 4Runner built to about the same extent as my current Bronco (when compared to stock) and they are great vehicles. My personal opinion on this one is that I wish they would have made the front a little more distinguishable from the Tacoma. Otherwise, I like it in every other way. Better transmission, more power, better tech and more forgiving wheel wells when upgrading to larger tires.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks cool. Not as cool as the Land Cruiser, which will eat so many of the 4R's sales, but I get it. The cult will eat it up.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not like the trend of all the bulk in the front of vehicles, particularly trucks/suvs - really glad the Bronco has a clean and simple front end
Underrated Take. I cant not see this every time I look at my 87 F-250. The front end is so clean. If you place the hood at the same level as a modern superduty, whole bumper and grill will fit in the space used for the grill on the superduty. I get needing some extra cooling, and fuel economy with the low front, but its fugly. I never really considered how out of place the Bronco is in that regard. Among a sea of modern trucks/SUVs, it has a super trim front end, probably why I like it so much.

This 4Runner would look decent if the upper grill was THE grill, and the lower grill was the bumper (imagine that, a bumper instead of facia) and only half that height too.
Sponsored

Last edited: