Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1958 LC here I come. On 34s it will be great, which should be simple.
I had a 5th Gen TRD Pro 4Runner and it was painfully slow. Do not care for the looks of 6th Gen at all.

I'm going to get the "Land Cruiser" trim so I can get the moonroof. I put in a deposit 6 months ago right after the LC's were shown but my dealer is saying I am still in for quite a wait.
Sponsored

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trims along with the available engine options.
  • i-Force: 2.4L 4-cyl Turbo
  • i-Force Max: Hybrid with 2.4L 4-cyl Turbo
Curious choice to only offer the Trailhunter with the hybrid. You'd think they would want to maximize cargo capacity on their overlanding-focused trim by losing the heavy battery. But apparently not.

1712760317792-yv.png

Although I think they did the same on the Tacoma's Trailhunter trim, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.
In their defense, it does come standard with a roof rack.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really wanted to buy this vehicle to replace my JK... as a 3rd model year in 2025. But the constant push outs led me to a Bronco and, long term reliability notwithstanding, so far I am not regretting the decision.

First that 4runner is fugly. Is there more than a square foot of sheet metal that is not creased? And those shiny plastic fender flares. That styling looks cool for a year or two, and then becomes hopelessly outdated.

The main reason I wanted to replace the JK was because there is no way a 6ft+ person can sleep in the back of a JLU without passenger seat deletes - which is a hard nogo for me. Seems that in that respect the 4runner has made all the wrong decisions.

1/ Those storage pockets where the nominally the 3rd row would be just rob width from the cargo area without providing useful functionality.

2/ The 2nd row seats are of the "roll and flip" variety, making it highly unlikely that a 6ft+ person is going to have enough room to sleep back there. Hopefully they take this abomination out of the Trailhawk trim.

3/ Is the cargo area even semi-flat? Hard to say from the Doug de Murp video which completely glossed over the cargo area.

Hopefully during a refresh circa 2030 Toyota rectifies all this.
Sponsored