Sponsored

Belltech 4-7.5" Lift Kit. Front and Rear Trail Performance Coilovers - feedback / reviews?

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No portals for me, Ima po boy. 😆 On my bucket list though, maybe someday. 😁
And in my opinion the Bronco is absolutely awesome without them!

The only lift I would consider now is the 2 to 3 inches you would get in a coil over. That should allow a 37 inch tire.... But that gains you 1 inch at the rear diff (over SASQ). I like it for the enhanced ride improvement.... an inch of gained clearance is significant but not completely game changing.

But now that portals are available... there is no other way I would lift beyond a coilover.... I have in the past used the diff drop extended knuckle suspension lifts. It was the only way to get a larger tire on an IFS (beyond just cutting sheet metal). and the only way to get higher clearance was with a larger tire. My ride always suffered. I broke things. Regularly. It is harder on everything. I always liked the improved look of the profile.... But was always disappointed when looking at my clearance.... It was like I have lifted this thing 6 or 8 inches.... but how much clearance did I gain? It always disappointed me.

That and now my diff drop was exposed... Have to make a custom skid plate to protect it because I never found anyone that made a Skid Plate for their diff drop. Probably some out there but I have not seen them.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is a lot of lift, one where I'd hazard you're actually making it more likely you don't enjoy it once installed.

Are you going big for water fording clearance? Why so big? For probably a similar or lower price, you could do an adjustable 2" lift. With 38's, that's 3.5" of lift, 2.5" of that lifting the diff if you're on 33's currently.
Relative moderate water fording at times we have about 3-4 feet of water at times in creeks but the main issues is the slate rocks that are the main issues that could cause issues that I’m worried about I think.

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I forgot to mention the knuckles. The kit looks pretty complete, just hard to tell the quality in the picture. 7" of lift is ALOT! I'd be concerned that the everyday ride/handling will suffer. Post up pics if you pull the trigger.
We will see I want to do some more research first and there will be a bit of saving in the “for fun account” but I think this maybe a kit I go for from talking to a few vendors.

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do not know if this will be helpful, but there is a guy that runs the Belltech lift on a white bronco that wheels with the Trail Militia. They post a lot of videos on YouTube. He seems to be able to crawl without issues. You may be able to reach out to them and ask what their experience has been.
You don’t happen to remember the YouTube name do you? One of the main purposes of the thread was to see how goofy a 7” lift would look on a bronco so I’d love to see one in action!

Dcrase

Wildtrak
First Name
Doug Crase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You don’t happen to remember the YouTube name do you? One of the main purposes of the thread was to see how goofy a 7” lift would look on a bronco so I’d love to see one in action!
I don’t recall the specific videos, but if you search Trail Militia you will find the videos they post. It is a white Bronco that has the lift. It is in several of the videos.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For IFS you want to fit the least amount of lift possible to fit the tire size you want, considering the entire range of motion.

Then just be realistic, do you really need 38s?

Lots of people out there very happy with 33s and 35s.

I'd much rather do portals than this lift kit.
Yes, portals are very realistic for the common man to shell out 20k lol my brother in Christ I have kids to feed.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, portals are very realistic for the common man to shell out 20k lol my brother in Christ I have kids to feed.
Probably ought to skip the 7” lift then 😂

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Probably ought to skip the 7” lift then 😂
5.5k vs 20k is a very big difference my friend. Not to mention when you’re an NFA stamp collector, thermal and night vision guy and on top of now getting into this stuff starts adding up lol

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel like it’s been sufficiently covered that the lift is going to end up costing you much more than five point five hundo.

But you’ll probably be fine. I say go for it.
Meaning the install?

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meaning the install?
He means the stress it's going to put on your Bronco. That's a big lift, the hits will keep coming (and it won't just be the lift you'll need to add, it's like a virus these upgrades). This is where the stay below 2" recommendations come from, that keeps a stable geometry based on the millions Ford put into the suspension engineering.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

5.5k vs 20k is a very big difference my friend
You will also need a steering rack,
He means the stress it's going to put on your Bronco. That's a big lift, the hits will keep coming (and it won't just be the lift you'll need to add, it's like a virus these upgrades). This is where the stay below 2" recommendations come from, that keeps a stable geometry based on the millions Ford put into the suspension engineering.
Yupppp you open the door to problems and the need for supporting modifications.

Sasquatch is already what 1.62" or something above base suspension?

So the guys doing these 3-4" lifts above SAS are way outside of the design parameters of IFS.

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the point of the knuckles and the other drop linkage to maintain stock geometry while still being able to achieve the lift?

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You will also need a steering rack,

Yupppp you open the door to problems and the need for supporting modifications.
Everything you guys are saying is a direct contradiction from the reps? This isn’t making sense

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everything you guys are saying is a direct contradiction from the reps? This isn’t making sense
Well they want to sell you their kit, which I haven't heard of or seen anyone here with that kit.

I'm very familiar with Belltech as a company, they make decent 1/2 ton truck drop kits.

38s are too much for the factory steering rack.
Sponsored