Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have my auto high beams disabled as there is a couple stretches of road with hills and curves that when the traffic is right (usually in the morning taking kids to school), is a constant on/off and looks like I'm flashing people.
Sponsored

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s just an excuse to pull you over to check if you are drunk.

One time on my motorcycle at midnight, I was at a left turn signal that didn’t register my presence. After waiting a cycle, I legally was able to run it. Got pulled after and he apologized for the broken signal after a short conversation.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add to this another warning of “technology attracting unwanted attention”…

following a cop in a neighborhood with ACC set. We were coming out of a 25MPH zone into a 35MPH zone. He sped up. Bronco speeds up to match his car. He pulls over, lets me pass the gets behind and flips on the lights.

after getting my IDs he lectures me about the speed limit not changing until the “line at the sign”. Told him I had ACC set so only reason I sped up was because he did.

didn’t get a ticket or anything. Not sure what that nitpick was all about. ( this was 3 in the afternoon on a weekday)

anyway….just another thing to be aware of
Why would you be using cruise in a 25 mph zone in the first place?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the auto high beams were one of the first features I turned off when I picked up my Bronco. I can turn on my high beams if I need them, no different than my AUX lights.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a professional driver of nearly 40 years I despise auto high beams and auto headlights they cause far more problems than they're worth. People just need to quit be lazy. Driving needs 100% of your attention. It's not just something happening in the background.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a professional driver of nearly 40 years I despise auto high beams and auto headlights they cause far more problems than they're worth. People just need to quit be lazy. Driving needs 100% of your attention. It's not just something happening in the background.
auto high beams is the solution for all those folks who drive around with their headlights in high beam mode all the time.

they get a bewildered look if when you mention it from the passenger's seat

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why would you be using cruise in a 25 mph zone in the first place?
did not mean to imply that I had it set at 25 MPH. Just that it was active.

My work is on a street with a 25 Mph limit that quickly goes to 35 mph in a couple blocks, followed by 50 mph a few blocks after that. All on the same street.

So I will frequently use the ACC and just set it at 50 or 55 and let the bronco do however slow or fast The guy in front of me is going .

Especially when the guy in front of me is a cop :wink:

• Haha
Reactions: 0ne

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They turn on and off slowly.
This was the part that impressed me the most. I usually can't tell when they turn on, since they ramp up slowly. They do turn off all at once (like a normal light), so I usually don't notice AHB until they turn themselves off.

I mean, apart from the blue indicator on the dash.

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The auto hi-beams is one of 3 things I turn off (parking brake, ASS (auto start/stop), and auto hi-beams) as soon as I start my Bronco, I HATE them!!!!
Maybe I misunderstood, but you can turn of auto high beam in settings so you don’t have to disable them every time you get in your bronco.

Sponsored

21Bar

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasq Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With regards to the original post: 2am, small town, everyone was getting pulled over...
With regards to auto high beams: I love them, and rain sensing wipers. I have an adaptive set-up to drive with just my right arm and these features make it so much easier and safer for me. I don't drive my Bronco much at night but having them in my Yukon is great. As someone else said; the high beams get used more. Just my $0.02.

Keith J.

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Personally, I can't stand auto high beams(or any other nanny for that matter) so they stay off at all times. I know when I need high beams and when I don't lol

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My auto high beams seem to do fairly well and coming on when and where it is appropriate. I end up using more high beam because of it.
Yep, thought I'd hate them but I like it! I used to seldom use high beams, in my semi rural urban environment I was always having to switch. Now the Bronco does it for me. I do wish they'd stay on below 30 mph to help see deer in my driveway though.
Sponsored