A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Off topic but how do you like your lightbar? I REALLY like that one, but haven't heard anyones opinion of it yet.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Off topic but how do you like your lightbar? I REALLY like that one, but haven't heard anyones opinion of it yet.
I love how it looks. I’ve only ran it in the city so far. Pretty impressive. Headed up north end of next week. Got a couple things I need to field test.

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the same price point? 3.6k to 3.6k scope, my ATN does fine. A 3.6k ATN vs a 5k Pulsar, ya the image quality is better on the Pulsar XP50. I am not saying that in general you wouldn't be better off with the Pulsar XP50, but then you would not be comparing scopes at the same price point... and I would absolutely love to have an N-vision HALO XRF, but that's in an entirely different class ($10k).
Yes. Dollar for dollar, the ATN thermals are not as good. Comparing them side by side in a retail store, and while hunting. Also, the ATNs are far more difficult to find mounts for due to their design. The ATN included rings are typically pretty cheap to say the least.

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what some of these people think a good time really is.
Late to the party as i don't typically look at 6G on the weekend. Friends and I do a lot of coyote hunting up this way. A big "customer" of ours is a cattle rancher that has 100s of head to look after. He has personally seen coyotes dine on new born calves, which he doesn't appreciate. He will himself try to thin out the population but we're talking about 10,000+ acres with 10x that adjacent to his property. We are able to even the balance with predator calls, decoys, and good shooting. For those that are worried about the coyotes, they are one of the most adaptive and prolific predators in North America. We barley touch their numbers.

Night hunting is ideal for coyotes as they are out at night and are certainly more comfortable. I have a friend that has night optics and he will get twice as many coyotes as us. We only hunt during the day. Most of us like our sleep way too much. Regardless, cool set up OP! Good luck!

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any issues w/the MMB Max box? I have the "plus" version (one step down I think) and it seems to overheat and freeze after about 1/2 hour of use - the location I have it mounted might be a contributing factor to the overheating, though.
No issues as of yet. Tad slower than my iPad. Will find out next week. 4 hour road trip up north.

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My question, exactly. I see some things like this now and again and I am baffled why people come up with and do what they do sometimes. This one seems very weird to me, then again, that is being very presumptuous without any explanation or context.

RE: the suggestion of "Predator"-like hunting............I went to maybe a more practical extreme conclusion of maybe poaching. Not suggesting the OP does that, but that is what came to my mind.
There's a full explanation in the OP, but basically to hunt down coyotes that have been killing his farm animals. Predatory animals and feral pigs have a devastating effect on farms and thermal cams seem to be the best at finding them.

Last edited:

MTDewX8

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep has this feature. Id say its good for hopefully seeing animals at night so you can hopefully avoid them safely. copies this from the Jeep website. living where I do, I can see it can be useful. but another gagit was well.

NIGHT VISION
Available Night Vision( Disclosure5) uses thermographic technology and infrared sensors scan for pedestrians and animals up to 328 feet ahead. Their positions are outlined in the instrument cluster in front of you.

Basssquatch

Base
First Name
Felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Finally got the thermal mono installed today. Between this and the lights should be a lot of fun. Can run it off my ipad or off the main screen. Also this allows me to run one on each side if I use both screens.

Use Case

We got a lot of property up north. 5 years ago the coyote population exploded and cleared out most of the animals or ran them off as they move property to property depending on food. Lost our whole turkey population, all the rabbits, grouse, and had a lot of fawn and deer kills.

My usual setup is just checking fields at night with my thermal scope. Which requires getting out of the truck, initializing the scope, then hoping they are still where you saw them last. Will have a thermal on each side, streaming to the main screen and iPad. If you’ve ever used thermal, it’s hard to hide from. It will show recent foot prints and scat. With this set up can just cruise the trails and see what animals were holding and how many. Running all the ss3 back lights is enough to navigate at night without light spooking them. Then the thermal is for viewing/locating. Now I’ll be able to check as I drive including off to the sides. Then I can park, get out, initialize and stalk from there.

When not looking for yotes it is relaxing to see what’s just standing there watching you go by. And hoping one day to maybe catch a glimpse of the ole Sasquatch playing peekaboo.

Ford Bronco Yoter Thermal Scope installed and displaying to screen 20220425_171058

Ford Bronco Yoter Thermal Scope installed and displaying to screen 20220425_171058

what light bar is that
Sponsored