First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Go ahead and get yourself some wolves and they will take care of that Coyote problem. We have property above the Bridge. When the wolves came back they ran off the Coyote's and the native animal populations recovered too. They mostly just eat deer which are wildly overpopulated anyways. We now regularly see foxes, bobcats, beaver, river otter, porcupine, and tons of rabbits, turkey, grouse, etc.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dig the idea of coyote chasing at night. that would be fun. After a fire miles away drove a pack close to my home we had some problems with them. One day I saw them trying to lure my husky away to eat him, so the next morning I took an air rifle out on our very early in the morning walk and four of the fuckers tried to get my dog. They saw me (raising the rifle) and they turned to run away just when they were getting too close to him, I shot one right in the ass.

I would have liked to have used a higher caliber then an air rifle on them, but I did have neighbors to consider.

Funny thing is at first my dog just wanted to play with them since he thought they were just other dogs. He's friendly to dogs and people, almost to a fault. But he will kill anything else from guinea pig or a cat to a raccoon. I saw him kill a 30 plus pound daddy raccoon in two chomps. No blood, he crushed the raccoon's internals that fast.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since we're talking about thermal scopes... I've wanted one for a while. There are a lot on the market of questionable quality - what are some good ones, or what features/specs do you look for?

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you stream it to the main display?

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, how exactly is this running? Is it wired in?

Details man. We need details.;)

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since we're talking about thermal scopes... I've wanted one for a while. There are a lot on the market of questionable quality - what are some good ones, or what features/specs do you look for?
I use Burris and atn. The atn’s have some top tier models that will detect a coon in a field over a half mile away, but there is a learning curve with them. Burris has a more detailed picture, kind of like night vision and thermal
mix and is more user friendly. All of them are 1-2 shot zero which is nice.

Then it’s just figuring out what your average shot range is for the magnification. Higher zoom and you get a real small field of view. Every thing is deceiving size wise and distance looking in the view finder. That takes time to build that experience.

And if you don’t want a scope, a mono or binocular is pretty darn handy. Specially in the big woods. Can see exactly what’s around you (bear, yotes, wolves) in one pass, also good for locating things that are warmer than the ambient temp.

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dig the idea of coyote chasing at night. that would be fun. After a fire miles away drove a pack close to my home we had some problems with them. One day I saw them trying to lure my husky away to eat him, so the next morning I took an air rifle out on our very early in the morning walk and four of the fuckers tried to get my dog. They saw me (raising the rifle) and they turned to run away just when they were getting too close to him, I shot one right in the ass.

I would have liked to have used a higher caliber then an air rifle on them, but I did have neighbors to consider.

Funny thing is at first my dog just wanted to play with them since he thought they were just other dogs. He's friendly to dogs and people, almost to a fault. But he will kill anything else from guinea pig or a cat to a raccoon. I saw him kill a 30 plus pound daddy raccoon in two chomps. No blood, he crushed the raccoon's internals that fast.
When they pack up they get pretty smart leading other animals away and into a funnel trap. Also they way they surround you in the dark. Smart animals. Only 2 things I really worry about are mountain lions and wolves. They will take you out alone.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can add Pulsar to the good pile. As for specs, obviously higher resolution is better than lower. My strong advice -- DON'T LOOK THROUGH A 640 RESOLUTION IF YOUR PLAN IS TO BUY A 320 OR 384 RESOLUTION. YOU'LL ALWAYS REGRET IT. It's a case of "what you don't know won't hurt you." Lol!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, how exactly is this running? Is it wired in?

Details man. We need details.;)
It is wireless. Mono has a internal battery that good for around 5 hours. It’s capable of streaming WiFi. Burris has a opp available for iOS and android. With that app you can connect, adjust, take pictures/video and stream. Anything that has WiFi that you can get the app on.

For the bronco I picked up a mmb max multimedia box. It is basically a mini computer that hooks to the car play. It turns the whole screen into a tablet. Can watch Netflix, you tube, search the internet, watch my nest and trail cams and connect to my Burris. I just downloaded the app off the play store and done. I went with a more expensive one that is capable of 4g network. But any of the car play boxes that have WiFi and play store should work.

Short answer is turn scope on, activate the scopes WiFi, turn mmb on, connect to Burris WiFi. Then that’s it. Only down side is when the mmb is connected to the scope you lose the bronco internet connection for it.

If you have a iPad, you just hook to the mono and it streams through the app. Can also do it with your phone. Nothing to buy going that route.

Should also be able to stream a go pro to it too. Or anything else you can stream to your phone or tablet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0B9G5JTZF?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Last edited:

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Yoter Thermal Scope installed and displaying to screen N23u7DD

View of a milk jug at 100 yards through mine at 2X. I'd take a photo of deer that are in front of my house right now, but I'm sure my batteries are dead. Lol!

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are the only other user on here that ive seen show an interest in using thermal. We have different intended purposes, but i too am looking to use thermal vision for spotting wildlife (deer) before they jump out in front of me. i found this setup but its too expensive and i am still waiting to get scheduled.
https://speedir.com/nightowlplus-thermal-driving-car-camera

Ford Bronco Yoter Thermal Scope installed and displaying to screen 1667083081852

Ford Bronco Yoter Thermal Scope installed and displaying to screen 1667083097845

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Yoter Thermal Scope installed and displaying to screen 1667083097845

View of a milk jug at 100 yards through mine at 2X. I'd take a photo of deer that are in front of my house right now, but I'm sure my batteries are dead. Lol!
I got ya! That’s my atn Thor 640. I didn’t shoot the deer was just to show what it looks like.

5384654E-43B6-4FD0-B705-09DA3C9C1551.png

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m heading up north end of next week. I’ll post some pics up. I’m excited to see how the mono performs.
Sponsored