Sponsored

Year 23 Factory Sub Delete - Is amp there already and I can just add a sub?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just noticed that kicker sub is on sale at Crutchfield right now too. Win Win
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading on other posts the 4 ohm is the better choice for less muddy and less boomy distortion. That’s what I’m after. Tighter sound. - seems like 4ohm is better for me with the fusion amp
Went back and looked at my invoice and turns out I bought the 4 ohm as well. Been a while. :)

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Went back and looked at my invoice and turns out I bought the 4 ohm as well. Been a while. :)
Hopefully will work well with my 6.75 kicker rear speaker pods and this 6.75 sub setup. Only looking for a little bass and richer sound.

Based on what km reading I just need to forscan and enable the sub and turn off the eq setting to wake it all up?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully will work well with my 6.75 kicker rear speaker pods and this 6.75 sub setup. Only looking for a little bass and richer sound.

Based on what km reading I just need to forscan and enable the sub and turn off the eq setting to wake it all up?
The IT person in me advises you to make one change at a time. It makes debugging so much easier if/when issues are encountered.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

they're just little push pin things. Your local Ford dealer has them or buy some off Amazon ahead of time. Not so much tabs fixed to the panel you will regret breaking. At least Ford didn't set us up for failure like that. Easily replaced and fixed to be honest.
There are some pieces of that panel that are plastiwelded together. And it's easy to break the plastic rivets out if you manhandle the thing too much.

Granted, not terrible to just plastiweld or glue them back together. But you really don't want to go back there more than once - every time you go monkeying with the panel, the chances of something breaking goes way up. Just the way those damn plastic snap tabs work - they aren't meant for repeated removal, just easy installs.

It's a royal pain, especially with the newer TSB clips in there, but be patient and don't try to take short cuts and you can get it out. Getting that large rear cargo panel off is far and away the hardest part of the job, but not impossible nor overly difficult. And if anything breaks (and it's almost guaranteed if you are doing full amp/speaker/sub install that something will break somewhere), a) it probably will be in the back where it isn't visible anywway, b) go get some E6000 glue and that will fix almost anything and c) a bag of replacement clips.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are some pieces of that panel that are plastiwelded together. And it's easy to break the plastic rivets out if you manhandle the thing too much.

Granted, not terrible to just plastiweld or glue them back together. But you really don't want to go back there more than once - every time you go monkeying with the panel, the chances of something breaking goes way up. Just the way those damn plastic snap tabs work - they aren't meant for repeated removal, just easy installs.

It's a royal pain, especially with the newer TSB clips in there, but be patient and don't try to take short cuts and you can get it out. Getting that large rear cargo panel off is far and away the hardest part of the job, but not impossible nor overly difficult. And if anything breaks (and it's almost guaranteed if you are doing full amp/speaker/sub install that something will break somewhere), a) it probably will be in the back where it isn't visible anywway, b) go get some E6000 glue and that will fix almost anything and c) a bag of replacement clips.
. . . all that and a bag of clips :LOL:

va011101

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I think you will be happy with the added subwoofer. It’s a substantial improvement.

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think you will be happy with the added subwoofer. It’s a substantial improvement.
I’m ready to movie forward. But man that rear panel has me spooked

RoccoG

Badlands
First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have a part number or reference photo for the ford fusion amp?