Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have spent the past few weeks thinking about how to manage the backdraft of a two-door with the top off. We would like to take a road trip and leave the top at home. It can be done without a windjammer but 3 to 4 hours with the wind pushing back on you will get old. Here is what I am toying with.

First, having searched high and low and not finding anything made for the Bronco I ended up testing out a Windjammer by Bestop, 8003235 Windjammer for 03-06 Wrangler TJ, $74.95

Ford Bronco Windjammer, looking for solutions! Windjammer

Yes, I understand it's for a Wrangler, we are one big happy family!

The results so far, it's working adequately, the backdraft has been considerably reduced, because of the pressure it doesn't flap in the wind, even at 65 mph. The top needs to be snugged up a little more because you can feel it coming across the top, back to front but on the other hand it does allow wind to escape behind it front to back. I'm still playing with it, additional customization to the straps are needed, open to ideas. I will say that even though it's not form fit the reduction in wind allows the wife to keep her hair down, no hat or hair band means a win for me and the Bronco! We have also noticed a considerable increase in temperature within the enclosed space, it’s a nice bonus for the cool mornings.

Before I go any further, has anybody found a solution that you believe is better? Open to all ideas purchase or DIY, I will say this one is looking good and work but is not perfect.

Ford Bronco Windjammer, looking for solutions! Left and Right
Sponsored

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe if you can find a fabric similar to your top ”bimini” top, it might “open it up a bit” and still block wind flow..

Does that top part block wind at all?

TantoIndian

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco , 2,7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I never realize this was a problem.

OP
OP
jasony2069

jasony2069

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe if you can find a fabric similar to your top ”bimini” top, it might “open it up a bit” and still block wind flow..

Does that top part block wind at all?
The mesh top does cut wind but not enough, I was thinking of using sunshade but you can’t see through it, so no go.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't the point of having the roof off to get wind blowing around?

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What did you end up doing?? I have a 4dr soft top. I prefer just to keep the rear windows removed so I can easily put the top all the way down. I am looking for a similar solution to be easily accessible for behind the rear seats for when I am in "safari mode" and want to pull it up quick for potential rain or road noise mitigation. I'm thinking maybe something attached to the tonneau cover?

window1.jpg

window 2.jpg
Sponsored