Sponsored

Why are Jeepers so rude to everyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJackTAC

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4wd, 2000 Ford F250 pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think everyone has the potential to be rude if they want to be. I have nothing against Jeep owners. I am not a serious wheeler. I'm 75 and female. I bought my stock Badlands (non SAS) because I live in New Mexico on a very rough dirt road that often is a challenge to drive after a big rain. My ex and I owned a '68 Bronco when we lived in Washington State. I loved that car because it could take us anywhere. I love my new '23 Bronco Badlands for the same reason. I have to say that I was tickled when I left a restaurant while visiting my mother-in-law in Georgia and found a duck on my car. It must have been a Jeep owner who left it there. I considered it a compliment. Obviously, if it was a Jeep owner who left it, it was meant as a compliment. I've never encountered a rude Jeep owner since I bought my Bronco, but I am sure they are out there.
Sponsored

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really seeing that here in Texas, run into Jeeps all the time that wave. As a matter of fact, today coming home I had a jeep pull up beside me window down a give a thumbs up and continued on. Right before that parking lot of HEB 2 people walked up to the wife and I, and asked if we loved the Bronco. I of course said yah as former Jeep owners we love it and had a short conversation. They had a Jeep and mentioned how much they loved the way the Broncos look.

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to say that I was tickled when I left a restaurant while visiting my mother-in-law in Georgia and found a duck on my car. It must have been a Jeep owner who left it there. I considered it a compliment. Obviously, if it was a Jeep owner who left it, it was meant as a compliment. I've never encountered a rude Jeep owner since I bought my Bronco, but I am sure they are out there.
Not sure why some are so obsessed with Jeep owners doing the duck thing.. If they are having fun with it, then cool by me.. Comradery has always been a thing with Jeeps going all the way back to the AMC CJ's.. They do the wave, they now also do ducks.. Cool, sounds like they are having fun with it.

All I've seen in this thread is 'some' Bronco owners attacking Jeep owners. I still visit a few Jeep forums and can without a doubt say, I've never see a thread on a Jeep forum attacking Bronco owners like this one is attacking Jeep owners.. Maybe there is one and maybe I missed it but I don't see the point of it.

When out on the trail and stuck, for all I care a Suzuki Samurai (now those things were cute) could come to the rescue..

We all have 4x4's and most of us like to offroad. We can all find common ground there.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’re thinking about starting a local all-inclusive 4wd type club and calling it Hill Country Overlanders or something similar. Clubs can be fun.

Post up in the Texas forum when you do.

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure why some are so obsessed with Jeep owners doing the duck thing.. If they are having fun with it, then cool by me.. Comradery has always been a thing with Jeeps going all the way back to the AMC CJ's.. They do the wave, they now also do ducks.. Cool, sounds like they are having fun with it.

All I've seen in this thread is 'some' Bronco owners attacking Jeep owners. I still visit a few Jeep forums and can without a doubt say, I've never see a thread on a Jeep forum attacking Bronco owners like this one is attacking Jeep owners.. Maybe there is one and maybe I missed it but I don't see the point of it.

When out on the trail and stuck, for all I care a Suzuki Samurai (now those things were cute) could come to the rescue..

We all have 4x4's and most of us like to offroad. We can all find common ground there.
I agree đź‘Ť

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I swear they are so uptight when it comes to anything other than Jeeps both online and in the parking lot. But on the trails they dry hump the broncos like they are looking at the space shuttle. They are so short sided and rude when I pull up to a primairly jeep gathering. Or god forbid you comment anything bronco in their forum or FB groups.

I dont see that here at all really. Bronco people seem to want to get along and fit in. Rather then exclude and deflect. Its funny reading their (jeeper) threads when the bronco is mentioned. Then they start throwing around hot button words like "dana axles" and "lockers" like nobody has lockers. LOL. What is their problem? Could it really be just jealousy?? I happen to have both a 24 Wrangler JLU and also a 23 Bronco and really dislike hanging with the jeep crowd. Only thing that sucks is they outnumber us 5:1 easily and they always have something going on. And of course broncos arent allowed... Quite irritating.

And for the record I also still quite like driving the Bronco over my JLU. Both off and on-road.
Perhaps it's just you they do not care for and it has nothing to do with the Bronco?
I do not see this discourse in person. Online..sure there will always be the back and forth, but in the real world nothing like you have described have I seen.
The Bronco is fine...if it just had SFA...ha!

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t take it so personal. The first time I wheeled my JKU in sand hollow it was apparently the first time most people had seen a 4-door, let alone on a trail. There were plenty of whispers about my minivan, it not being a real jeep, hate on the “fancy” interior, the engine Chrysler chose etc etc. Point is it didn’t matter the brand, it was the fact that it was something different and new. In the grand scheme of things we’re all guilty of a little tribalism every now and then. People being rude solely based on your rig choice reminds me of the good old days on Pirate 4x4/JKOwners 🤣.

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first time I wheeled my JKU in sand hollow it was apparently the first time most people had seen a 4-door, let alone on a trail. There were plenty of whispers about my minivan, it not being a real jeep, hate on the “fancy” interior, the engine Chrysler chose etc etc.
I feel your pain.. In 1987 I purchased a Jeep YJ and the CJ crowd acted like I, and it, had leprosy... It was not an AMC, and many were mad that AMC sold to Chrysler. It had square headlights and that all by itself seriously triggered a lot, and I mean a lot, of CJ owners.. After a while they semi warmed up to it (okay, maybe not - LOL) and it was never fully accepted as Jeep...

They gave me crap about it but we still went out wheeling..

I loved the YJ, except for the dash..

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I feel your pain.. In 1987 I purchased a Jeep YJ and the CJ crowd acted like I, and it, had leprosy... It was not an AMC, and many were mad that AMC sold to Chrysler. It had square headlights and that all by itself seriously triggered a lot, and I mean a lot, of CJ owners.. After a while they semi warmed up to it (okay, maybe not - LOL) and it was never fully accepted as Jeep...

They gave me crap about it but we still went out wheeling..

I loved the YJ, except for the dash..
If its not a 53-68 Willys CJ-3B High Hood, with the Hurricane engine, it's not a Jeep. ;)

Ford Bronco Why are Jeepers so rude to everyone else? 9c22fb0f39ecf777197154413f33d441

Last edited:
OP
OP
BadmansSAS

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps it's just you they do not care for and it has nothing to do with the Bronco?
I do not see this discourse in person. Online..sure there will always be the back and forth, but in the real world nothing like you have described have I seen.
The Bronco is fine...if it just had SFA...ha!
Hey look, I found you. You’re always there in every thread offering that alternative view.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BadmansSAS

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. Hypothesis checks out.
You’re here again? You keep showing up. Well it’s good to see you twice in one day. Hope you didn’t travel too far from perfect town to get here.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You’re here again? You keep showing up. Well it’s good to see you twice in one day. Hope you didn’t travel too far from perfect town to get here.
WTF are you even talking about son?
And what view are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.