First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Alirght I've been waiting for over a year to get a white top. TOR gave me a tentative date to send me a primed top, so it's time to start planning.

TOR scrapped plans to produce white tops. So my new plan is order a primed top from them and then take it a local Line-X shop (talked to them). They will use their coating system to cover the top with a little texture and paint it the exact color white I want. Just have to hand them a paint code.

So. . . .
Wimbelon White is too creamy for my Cactus Gray Bronco (though I do love it!)
Oxford White is too bright.

I want something in between.

Any suggestions on a white that fits my need, what I'd describe as a "muted white"--not bright but not cream-colored either?

I ordered a couple samples and am taking them to my lab (er, the garage) to test out on some glass.

You can see my guy below. I planned out a vision over a year ago. . .

With help from this forum I had the garage paint the grille I acquired Argent Silver.
For the rest of my plans: After white top, racing stripes on sides, silver Bronco script badge on the sides, and red letter stickers that spell FORD on back right of hatch.

Thank you!!
Rod.
Ford Bronco What shade of white for my White Top?! Bronco pic
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't have an alternate white for you but can tell you that the Oxford White top on my HE does tone down a bit between washes so it depends on how clean you keep your Bronco on how bright it is.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve never been a Wimbledon white fan. Always thought the brighter whites that GM used looked better, but thatā€™s just me. I donā€™t do tans, browns or greens on vehicles, those colors are for trees dirt and furniture (my opinion please no flames).
A paint shop should be able to get a color mixed up for you thatā€™s exactly half way in between. They can even mix the 2 together. And do a test spray for you.
Edit: To go with the Grey base color of your Bronco, I would want either Oxford white or add a little cactus grey to tone it down instead of tan.

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would do a light gray but not silver.

Sponsored

American Sender

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 F250 Highboy, 1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Alirght I've been waiting for over a year to get a white top. TOR gave me a tentative date to send me a primed top, so it's time to start planning.

TOR scrapped plans to produce white tops. So my new plan is order a primed top from them and then take it a local Line-X shop (talked to them). They will use their coating system to cover the top with a little texture and paint it the exact color white I want. Just have to hand them a paint code.

So. . . .
Wimbelon White is too creamy for my Cactus Gray Bronco (though I do love it!)
Oxford White is too bright.

I want something in between.

Any suggestions on a white that fits my need, what I'd describe as a "muted white"--not bright but not cream-colored either?

I ordered a couple samples and am taking them to my lab (er, the garage) to test out on some glass.

You can see my guy below. I planned out a vision over a year ago. . .

With help from this forum I had the garage paint the grille I acquired Argent Silver.
For the rest of my plans: After white top, racing stripes on sides, silver Bronco script badge on the sides, and red letter stickers that spell FORD on back right of hatch.

Thank you!!
Rod.
Bronco pic.jpg
Iā€™m also waiting on primed Turn top. I plan on going with Honda Championship white.
Ford Bronco What shade of white for my White Top?! IMG_5095

American Sender

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 F250 Highboy, 1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco What shade of white for my White Top?! IMG_8800

for reference Wimbledon White is on the far right and championship White is on the left.

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would probably go with matching grille colorā€¦.

OP
OP
rodmf

rodmf

Wildtrak
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd go for wimbledon white, and add some MGV seat covers to match. BTW, great call on the Argent Silver grill, you have impeccable taste

Wow, that looks fantastic! Love Wimbledon White--goes so well with this green.

OP
OP
rodmf

rodmf

Wildtrak
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m also waiting on primed Turn top. I plan on going with Honda Championship white.
Thank you! I only ordered a couple samples so far but this is one of them! I learned about this color somewhere else on the forum. This is the leader for me at the moment.

OP
OP
rodmf

rodmf

Wildtrak
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™ve never been a Wimbledon white fan. Always thought the brighter whites that GM used looked better, but thatā€™s just me. I donā€™t do tans, browns or greens on vehicles, those colors are for trees dirt and furniture (my opinion please no flames).
A paint shop should be able to get a color mixed up for you thatā€™s exactly half way in between. They can even mix the 2 together. And do a test spray for you.
Edit: To go with the Grey base color of your Bronco, I would want either Oxford white or add a little cactus grey to tone it down instead of tan.
Thanks. Yeah one possibility is to start with Oxford White and then have them tone it down with some gray instead of yellow.
Sponsored