Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice! Question on the S8 - I'm considering one of these on a winch fairlead mount. I'm trying to determine the light output and it's hard to tell from your pics - looks like it's aimed high. Is the light output worth the expense?
It is aimed a little high because of the way I had to mount onto the bumper. I can't aim it lower without cutting the plastic trim piece. It works great when in tight spaces (like trees) and it being a little bit higher than headlight height is actually nice visually. In open space, it needs to be aimed lower. That will be fixed with a new bumper hopefully in the near future. Here is the output specs:

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/s8-straight-led-light-bar

I have the driving combo at 4910 lumens and a distance of 323'. If you compare to a pair of the more expensive Squadron Pros (3708 lumens and 266'), I think it is a good deal. Plus the s8 has an amber backlight feature.
Sponsored

BroncoNapped

Base
First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought I saw on the website that it was limited to 90 degree opening.

Did you have any issues with the light for the license plate? I saw that on another post.
Oh, I must have missed that...I did get a door limiter and have it set at 110Β°
No, I didn't haven't any problems with the license plate light

Lotus Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took the doors off for the first time last week and had to put them back on last night due to weather forecast. Removing was relatively easy. Getting them back on was a challenge with only two hands & eyes... Will search for tips on making the next time easier.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took the doors off for the first time last week and had to put them back on last night due to weather forecast. Removing was relatively easy. Getting them back on was a challenge with only two hands & eyes... Will search for tips on making the next time easier.
Not that easy by yourself unless you have the door bags. Just be patient and take care.

Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First few times always seem like a pain, but it gets easier. There’s a little pointy thingy in the tool kit the you can screw into the bottom hinge bolt hole that you may find helpful . Tried it a few times, but don’t use it anymore. Just make certain you have the window down, if not, door becomes very unbalanced and unwieldy and much harder to get back on.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took the grandkids to their last day of school with the roof and doors off
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20240605_130531910

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Made my final change and confirmed for my Armadillo Slantback HT. Went to White Top, and ordered the Ext Molle panels.

Changed from Raw Aluminum and no Molle panels.

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Made my final change and confirmed for my Armadillo Slantback HT. Went to White Top, and ordered the Ext Molle panels.

Changed from Raw Aluminum and no Molle panels.
I'm excited to see how this looks/feels. I might bite the bullet and get one myself.

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, β€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1000006797
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1000006798

Since my Bronco sadly did not come with Aux switches, I installed the F150 LEDs kit.

These are all the same units as other companies out there like Auxbeam, etc, but this kit has the little bracket that fits well for the control pad.

The cables are hilariously too long. Again it's a generic kit that they are marketing for the Bronco. I would have liked for all of the cables to be half the length if not less.

The install video does things in an odd order and makes a few mistakes. Don't follow it.

The video also doesn't disconnect the negative terminal of the battery. Absolutely do this. The video also neglects to show trimming the positive battery cover and the fuse box cover. In fact, I think in the video they didn't cut the fuse box cover at all. Bad.

First mock up the box and mark the holes to drill. Double check, drill a pilot hole. Check alignment again, then drill.

Don't install the box to the fender yet. Lay it on the driver's front corner of the radiator shroud.

Now I recommend installing the fuse tap. Then trim the fuse box cover on the fender side. Then install that wire to the box.

Next install the power cable to the battery. Make sure it is above the fuse tap wire for future cable management.

Then install the ground to the battery. You only need to barely loosen the nut. Don't use power tools like in the video. That is a bad idea. Very easy to either over tighten or break a wire/ terminal. I made sure that this wire is on top of the cable to the battery and the in line fuse wire, that way there is room and slack when removing the negative battery terminal in the future.

Cable manage a bit, get ready to mount the box.

Run the control pad wire to the grommet behind and on top of the fuse box.

Now secure the box to the fender and cable manage.

Ok in the video they had you just pull the grommet out and run the cable around the edge. Don't do that. Instead carefully stab the grommet in an x pattern. Look where the wire harness goes from the engine bay to above the pedals. Don't cut into the harness. There is tons of room to cut into the grommet while missing the wires.

Now install the control pad to the center console. Connect the control cable. Cable manage it. I cable tied the excess into a bunch and tucked it near the kicker speaker. Then I zip tied the cable in two spots, by the pedal light and near the center console. You don't want the cable falling down and interfering with the pedals. Make sure that can't happen.

Last edited:

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A 2nd pair of hands makes putting them back on MUCH easier!