Sponsored

*UPDATE* Complete loss of steering wheel controls - blinkers, high beams, cruise, etc etc.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had my Bronco in to service the warranteed coverage of the leaking front diff at the pinion seal, and to perform 2 fairly basic safety recalls.

They informed me there was an issue with my blinker switch, to which I said "everything is functioning 100%, don't touch it."

Got the vehicle back after 4 days, and now I have no steering wheel controls - no blinkers, no wipers, no high-beams, no cruise control… none of the steering wheel, apart from turning the vehicle, is functional.

Has anyone else experienced this?

**UPDATE**
I forgot to mention: My local dealer has a pickup/dropoff service for your vehicle. I was shocked the person who delivered the vehicle to me made no mention of the turn signals not working, and you'd think they'd have noticed that the instant they tried pulling out of the dealer's lot.

Anyway, as PWillette suggested, they attempted to perform the wiper TSB as part of the original service and apparently the software "didn't take." It has since been fixed with either another update, or them doing the TSB correctly this time.

My "Service Tech" said they had two more Broncos coming in with the same issue.

If you take yours in for the TSB, verify your steering wheel controls and blinker/wiper stalk all work before you accept it back.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Had my Bronco in to service the warranteed coverage of the leaking front diff at the pinion seal, and to perform 2 fairly basic safety recalls.

They informed me there was an issue with my blinker switch, to which I said "everything is functioning 100%, don't touch it."

Got the vehicle back after 4 days, and now I have no steering wheel controls - no blinkers, no wipers, no high-beams, no cruise control… none of the steering wheel, apart from turning the vehicle, is functional.

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sounds like they tried to do the wiper TSB and failed miserably.

MichaelCar001

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If the work involved messing with the steering column, there's a chance the clock spring got damaged or wasn't put back together correctly. The clock spring is a key part that powers all the stuff on your steering wheel.

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is why I don't ever want anyone working on my stuff. Goes in working, except for what you brought it in for, and comes out messed up. WTF!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Blinker switch problem. I might have that. All the lights work, but blinker is fast blink on driver's side. (Already changed blinker fluid, no help....lol)

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have you checked your blinker fluid levels?

There! Got that out of the way.

OP
OP
BulldogBear

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why I don't ever want anyone working on my stuff. Goes in working, except for what you brought it in for, and comes out messed up. WTF!
I hear you - I normally do all the maintenance on my vehicles, but the diff leak at the pinion seal was still covered under warranty and I had three outstanding safety recalls that I thought I could get taken care of at the same time.

The fact they'd perform the software update and not verify that it actually worked leaves me with… doubts… about the pinion seal replacement.
Sponsored