Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t think you understand what at will employment means. You cannot be an at will employee, and have a labor contract. Union stewards are your protection. You may be in a poorly run local where they don’t actually attempt to protect the members from unfair labor practices, but I promise you those protections exist for you. I suggest you familiarize yourself with how this works if you’re going to be explaining it to people. You just told me you’re at will employees and then explained to me how you’re not. Lol
I think that what he's trying to explain is that in building trades unions workforce demands change constantly therefore your employment with a union signatory contractor is not guaranteed when workforce demands are reduced (they're not going to keep 12 people on payroll for work that only need 2 ) you do have a lot of job protections but typical crew size adjustments is not one of them
Thanks @Phil B
Job protections were limited and centered around safety, stewards, crew ratios and jurisdictions.

For the most part, the only pay you were guaranteed is the day you just started.

I was lucky enough to “ at-will “ myself to leave the poor union at 55 with a pension, 401k and full medical benefits
Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Negotiations are not off to a good start. Ford seems to have offered more than the other two and explained it would pay significantly more than Tesla and US Asian plants but still seems they are far from what UAW is asking.

OP
OP
Bronco574

Bronco574

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 f150 powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Base
We KNOW- the UAW has authorized a Strike, - has Targeted FORD in Negotiations, - UAW coffers hold about 12 weeks of $, - current vehicle on lot inventory is Very High, - Big 3 has made record profits $ last couple years and INFLATION is HIGH all leading to FUTURE Increased MSRP $ - THE PERFECT STORM!

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I work in a Union shop (not UAW) and was a union steward on the floor before I got into management. The die hard union guys are livid about how Ford is "insulting" its workers with this "pittance" of an offer! That is is "outrageous!" And "proves slavery is still alive in the US!"

I told them it is not their nor mine nor our companies business. We are not affiliated with them. They can talk about it all they want or break or while working. We (the company) will honor our side of the working agreement and not buying anything from a striking union shop; but it will have almost zero effect on how we are operating.

What effect it is having is that almost almost car makers in the US an North America will use our products in some form in all or most of their plants.

We supplied some rather expensive stuff to the MAP when they were resetting to make the Bronco and have some orders somewhere in the pipeline with the all of the Detroit 3 and Toyota etc. that make cars here.

Around the same time the UAW strike was OK'ed if the talks don't come to a conclusion we were notified that their (the Detroit 3) orders are on "hold." I told them that might result in something temporary here. I'm not even in sales and I can see the ripple that will have in our scheduled process in several of our plants.

Anyway, good luck to both sides, but if you're waiting on your Bronco I would gird your loins for a much longer wait.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We KNOW- the UAW ... has Targeted FORD in Negotiations,
I'm following the news carefully here as my build is scheduled for 9/18. I've not seen reference to this. I've heard many think Stellantis is the most likely for a single target. Legal actions were also taken against Stellantis and GM yesterday for failure to respond with offers, whereas Ford did make a counteroffer.

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2009 GT500, 2018 POS Forester
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We KNOW- the UAW has authorized a Strike, - has Targeted FORD in Negotiations, - UAW coffers hold about 12 weeks of $, - current vehicle on lot inventory is Very High, - Big 3 has made record profits $ last couple years and INFLATION is HIGH all leading to FUTURE Increased MSRP $ - THE PERFECT STORM!
UAW asked for 40%, Ford offered 15%. They'll meet in the middle. If I'm not mistaken, Ford also offered to eliminate tiers, paying newbies the same as veterans. So newbies can step in and do the work as well as veteran workers? That doesn't say much for the skills required. Unfortunately Fain asked for so much, he'll look like an asshole if he doesn't get at least 25%. I personally think they should get less but improved results based profit sharing. There will be no increased retiree benefits. Fain also asking for a 32 hour work week is a joke.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)