INFINITE23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 C63 AMG, 2015 GL 450 4M, 2023 OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I'm sure Shell still paying on a $200B loan to upgrade refineries to meet EPA standards would agree with you.

Fun fact: In addition to the state and federal taxes Oil Companies pay per gallon (along with the consumer) and the states royalty rate of 12.5-20% for extraction the feds raised their royalty rate to 18.5% (a 50% increase) along with cutting leases by 30%.

I guess the $85B oil companies paid to the feds just in royalties over the last decade was not enough.

But eh, good proletarian talking points.

If you want a source, just go the the Gov's propaganda website, NPR!
I’m confused did you expect Shell to pay cash for such an expense? Because they wouldn’t, most companies don’t.
Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’m confused did you expect Shell to pay cash for such an expense? Because they wouldn’t, most companies don’t.
Missed the point sorry

INFINITE23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Missed the point sorry
Oil companies receive massive subsidies far out weighing any “burden” placed on to them by the Feds. I mean look at the slap on the wrist BP got.

But back on topic, when Unions win, we all win.

BrowniesBD

Black Diamond
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

tldr: expect a price hike from Ford.

As our economy and corporate governance is based on Shareholder theory, maximizing profit for shareholder is the #1 concern any corporation takes, and not cut into their profits.

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never claimed I did. I'm merely saying it's sounds like a pretty risky move to model a business around one customer who you have little control over.
I'm not trying to offend, apologies if I did. This is just a really inaccurate take. Personally the company I work for supplies all the OEM's foreign and domestic so we are as spread out as possible. In a nutshell its just general business basics, if your customers stop ordering your income disappears. it's just how things work. The industry is so large, no one company has complete control over all the suppliers

......except the union shut it all down. And that is my point where that should not be possible for approx 6% of the industry to keep the rest from working

Last edited:

INFINITE23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not trying to offend, apologies if I did. This is just a really inaccurate take. Personally the company I work for supplies all the OEM's foreign and domestic so we are as spread out as possible. In a nutshell its just general business basics, if your customers stop ordering your income disappears. it's just how things work. The industry is so large, no one company has complete control over all the suppliers

......except the union shut it all down. And that is my point where that should not be possible for approx 6% of the industry to keep the rest from working
That’s not the unions problem……

INFINITE23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oil companies receive massive subsidies far out weighing any “burden” placed on to them by the Feds. I mean look at the slap on the wrist BP got.

But back on topic, when Unions win, we all win.
Oh and most importantly by Bronco is being built on the 16th.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not trying to offend, but this is just a really inaccurate take. Personally the company I work for supplies all the OEM's foreign and domestic so were are as spread out as possible. In a nutshell its just general business basics, if your customers stop ordering your income disappears. it's just how things work. The industry is so large, no one company has complete control over all the suppliers
You're absolutely right. The actions or disruptions at one OEM or supplier can have ramifications on numerous other entities, even those that are diversified in their clientele. Workers who aren't directly involved in a strike or dispute, but whose companies are dependent on those that are, can be impacted. It's an unfortunate reality that ripple effects are felt widely.

That being said, going back to your original comment:

While on strike they shut down all the tiered suppliers that supply the affected programs.
This implies there's some inherent risk in these suppliers' strategies. If that's how they want to model their business, that risk is on them.

A union's goal is to leverage their collective labor power to bring attention to issues they feel are legitimate grievances. If negotiations between unions and management fail, both sides play a role in reaching (or failing to reach) an agreement.

While the striking union is a visible actor in this situation, the broader context and various stakeholders also play critical roles. It's fair to acknowledge the challenges and disruptions faced by suppliers and workers in related companies while also recognizing the reasons and rights of workers to strike.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The CEO could land in prison these days if something goes that bad.
Nope. Maybe used to be that way, S&L and Enron execs went to prison, but during the 2008 financial crisis, despite plenty of demonstrated criminal culpability, out of dozens of CEOs only one served time. The vast majority remained in their positions or stayed in high profile positions in the industry.

Last edited:

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've not started from the side of (paraphrase), give me more money or I'll not only stop working, but I'll make sure your company can't do business. Sounds like a mafia movie to me.
Sounds like to your personal detriment. I've threatened to leave positions and have ended up doing so and have also ended up staying, regardless it's always been hugely advantageous to me. Free market...

I was specifically referring to the work under their control. Not shitty designers, not shitty specs, not shitty vendor parts.
Mismatched seats, missing panels, etc that have popped up. I should have used, 'assembled', instead of 'built' to be more clear.
As pointed out prior, likely not the fault of line workers. They are fed parts and must install them regardless. Hopefully, it gets picked up later in QC inspection.

Lil Mul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2DR Badlands SAS / 2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s called negotiation. they knew they wouldn’t get it but you start high, especially after the many gives over last 15 years.
Its called negotiating in bad faith if you ask me.

You dont start out a good faith negotiation by starting at some ridiculous demand, then shut down the company because your obviously ridiculous demands were rejected.

A good faith negotiation starts with a reasonable demand slightly higher than you want and then you wait to strike if the company is the unreasonable one at the table.

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So will they be building the Base model (with or without SAS) again & offering Steel Wheels for the Black Diamond?
:unsure:

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A union's goal is to leverage their collective labor power to bring attention to issues they feel are legitimate grievances. If negotiations between unions and management fail, both sides play a role in reaching (or failing to reach) an agreement.
the union was relevant and needed back in the day. Today it's only function is to make more money.

I have family members that are union in the auto industry. When I asked them their take it was simply, "I came from high school straight into the union. Where else can I make as much as a 4 year college grad with no extra skills? All I have to do is show up and pretend to care". Exact quote.

I will never understand or accept the UAW way. Why does less than 10% of the sector workforce get to dictate who goes to work? It is an unfair advantage for the UAW or any other union to stop working because they no longer like something - such as pay, while forcing the nonunion workers in the same industry to stop earning. This is magnified when the UAW has such a small percentage of the auto industry workforce. Fine have the grievance but keep working, while solving the issue. Can't solve the issue, go find someone better to work for if it's so bad.

The UAW worker took the job and knew what it paid when they accepted the work, they don't like it find other work that pays better. Go to school, improve yourself, start you own business. Show initiative and do something. This is where I dislike the union model, it undermines the industry and there is no way around it for the OEM's that have UAW agreements in place, unless they take work out of Canada / US. The foreign OEM's don't have UAW for a good reason.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs