Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's funny, that looks like the exact same weatherstripping I picked up and used on my drivers side to fix my C pillar issue too. It works awesome, and being actual Automotive/Marine weatherstripping, it should serve the same purpose and durability as what was installed in the first place.

For anyone else looking to tuck in a small piece on that C pillar area: You don't need to remove the entire hard top to do this. I simply unbolted the drivers side bolts in the cargo area, and wedged a small plastic trim tool between the hard top (where the bolts go) and the body of the Bronco. This was enough to create a very small lift on the C pillar area, and was enough to neatly tuck the small weatherstrip piece into. The only thing I'd caution you on is if you take a similar approach, don't wedge anything too big back there - A small trim tool was all I needed, and I could have probably just lifted the hard top slightly by hand without that.
I did the exact same thing. Except, I took all the bolts off and just slid it back a few inches . Really easy.
Sponsored

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's funny, that looks like the exact same weatherstripping I picked up and used on my drivers side to fix my C pillar issue too. It works awesome, and being actual Automotive/Marine weatherstripping, it should serve the same purpose and durability as what was installed in the first place.

For anyone else looking to tuck in a small piece on that C pillar area: You don't need to remove the entire hard top to do this. I simply unbolted the drivers side bolts in the cargo area, and wedged a small plastic trim tool between the hard top (where the bolts go) and the body of the Bronco. This was enough to create a very small lift on the C pillar area, and was enough to neatly tuck the small weatherstrip piece into. The only thing I'd caution you on is if you take a similar approach, don't wedge anything too big back there - A small trim tool was all I needed, and I could have probably just lifted the hard top slightly by hand without that.
Did you unbolt the bolts on top as well? I would think it would be necessary to do that?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you unbolt the bolts on top as well? I would think it would be necessary to do that?
I did not. You only need a tiny bit of space to tuck in the weatherstripping - It compresses a lot! I used my plastic trim removal tool to tuck it in, once I had it started. You literally just need a sliver of space, and you can do this. You don't even need a half an inch.

I'm all about working smarter, not harder :ROFLMAO:

I will say though, I did attempt to properly fix the seal that came on the hard top. For this I did unbolt the entire hard top and slid it back a few inches. Unfortunately the seal that came on the hard top was buggered up from being like that for several weeks. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't go back to its original position. Not a big deal, since I found a similar solution. TOR was great and offered to send me a new piece of weatherstripping, but I decided my solution works perfectly fine.

TraumaJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my Turn Off-Road hardtop so much!!! I can’t explain how happy I am to finally be camping in a rooftop tent with my Bronco, thanks @TURN Todd and @Turn Offroad for making such a great product with great customer service!!! It’s going to be a an amazing spring and summer!
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_3004

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love my Turn Off-Road hardtop so much!!! I can’t explain how happy I am to finally be camping in a rooftop tent with my Bronco, thanks @TURN Todd and @Turn Offroad for making such a great product with great customer service!!! It’s going to be a an amazing spring and summer!
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_3004
Awesome photo!

Sponsored

Roadbeast

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_3108
Question.. is that a trailrax roof rack. I love your setup. Thanks in advance.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So after reading this tread. I realizing my seal on my C post was not in the correct position. So I pulled the hard top off today and yep, it was not correctly place. No fault of Turn Offroad. I have had my top off and on multiple times messing with the Bronco brace.
I decided to add a very small piece of weather seal to the C-Post location and I thought, why not add some to where the top sits on the truck.
Gonna test it out and see if it makes any difference. I do have a rattle over small bumps occasionally. I also took the opportunity to tighten a few of the shock connection points and the hinge where the window connects to the hardtop. I will report back. As always, TOR is a great company and I appreciate the little tweaks and fixes.

What weatherstrip did you use under the rear cap?
Sponsored