Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 1994 MB S500 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi All,

This is my first time posting but I have been following some of the threads here for some time. I have a '23 Bronco Raptor that is fully optioned from the factory.

I'm interested in tuning it however I have no idea where to start/how to go about it. From my rookie understanding, there's whipple and Ford Performance. I would ideally like to do Ford's tune but I need help step by step, starting out with where to purchase it.

Any help and guidance would be really appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think Ford Performance has released the ProCal tune for the Raptors just quite yet. We are rumored to see it any day now though.

Livernois and JB4 both have one on the shelf (I have heard the FP tune is based on Livernois, but can't confirm that), RTR and VR Tuned (not familiar with those) have one just looking at a quick search. Cobb will create a custom tune for you, and you already know about Whipple. I wouldn't be surprised if there are many more than that - those are just off the top of my head and the first handful of Google search results.

So no shortage of options.

Some tunes will require you to install some stuff under the hood. Some are just a software update / OBD2 flash. Depends on how hard core and how much tune-ablility you want.

Ford ProCal, when it ever gets here - is just a set-it-and-forget-it tune, you can't really make any adjustments. Many of the other packages let you adjust for fuel octane blend, and the more advanced ones you can tweak to your heart's content (and possibly blow stuff up in the process).

When ProCal gets here, it will be at the Ford Performance online store, available at dealers through the Parts counter (can actually use Ford Pass points to offset the cost), and a few online resellers (like Lethal Performance, among others). The other kits, you can find online retailers and probably local installers for them all over with a quick search.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The bigger picture. Not quite what you asked for but what you should know.

A few main categories of tunes, for our rigs (and most others as well).

1. Piggyback - These just interrupt and modify some signals between the PCM and some engine sensors "tricking" the turbos to make more boost and hence more power. e.g. JB4.

2. Full tune via used/unlocked PCM. Allows broad and precise control of all tuning parameters by replacing your factory PCM with an open/unencrypted one. e.g. ZFG Racing.

3. Tuners with encryption keys from Ford. Full tuning capability, engine and transmission. e.g. Whipple.

4. Ford Performance Tune. Same as above with Ford warranty.

1&2 have hardware to install and a phone+app or small box (computer) to connect to replace parameters, 3&4 just connect a small box (computer) to your truck to replace parameters.
Sponsored