First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This morning on my way to work, my transmission started shifting very hard and sometimes would not shift at all. I was able to limp it home. I went to Phil Long Denver this morning to ask about my options for getting it serviced and getting a rental car etc.. he said it'd be at least 2 months before they could even look at it and could not give me a loaner or rental car. I asked him if he saw how this was an issue and his response was "well... its tough for everyone out there." I asked to speak to the manager and his response was "Okay? what do you want me to do about it?" while the other service advisors giggled. I'm not even mad at the 2 month wait time because they truly cannot control that, but they way I was treated there was ridiculous. I will never buy a ford again after this experience. Am I crazy in feeling like this is a completely unacceptable way to treat a customer?

So for now the car is just sitting in my driveway. Does anyone have any other ideas/options?
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Try a different dealership? During COVID when our Kia econo car needed service, I had to call three dealerships, before finding one that would get the service done in a reasonable timeframe. My closer dealer would not even accept the vehicle for service.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what Indio said - talk to another dealership. Keep in mind Ford does not own the dealerships, they just are just selling a Ford product. It sucks to have to dela with this, I hope you have better luck at another dealership.

Hopefully your next post on here is to report a better response to get you fixed up. Also interested in what the root cause of the failure is

Jossman

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 F150,2011 Mustang,2013 F150,2006 HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have had great service from all vehicles I have purchased from Phil Long Motor City in Co Spgs going back to 1979.Try another Ford Dealership + if that does not help start giving bad reviews on multiple web sites as that should trigger some responses from Ford.If none of that works contact Ford Maketing.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Definitely try a different dealership. They either are too swamped or just don't care about their service department.

You are not alone with bad dealerships. I had recent 2 bad experiences with dealerships in town- Chevy and Mazda. Fortunately the Ford dealer has been good and has taken care of two recalls and two other issues I have had with the Bronco.

OP
OP
CUBuffs116

CUBuffs116

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks everyone. I will definitely be calling around to find a service department to get it into. I was just in disbelief at how I was treated this morning at Phil Long Denver. I called Ford customer service directly and told them about the issues as well. Hopefully I can find one nearby and get the problem sorted out.

badchipmunk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Ioniq 5!
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks everyone. I will definitely be calling around to find a service department to get it into. I was just in disbelief at how I was treated this morning at Phil Long Denver. I called Ford customer service directly and told them about the issues as well. Hopefully I can find one nearby and get the problem sorted out.
Be aware that there was a recent Ransomware attack against CDK, a major cloud platform provider for car dealerships which has had a huge impact on their ability to do basically anything.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can always try to get in contact with the dealership owner or GM and let them know what happened. I would hope they'd be receptive to knowing what's going on.

nx40yrs

Heritage
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco HE. 1971 F-250 (Project) 1994 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Contact Ford Customer Care and have them open a case for you on this situation. Ford does not own the dealerships is correct but they do have some control over how they treat warranty cases. Best shot. Good Luck

Sponsored

Getareellife

Heritage
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Give Interstate Ford around Dacono a shot. I bought mine there and great experience. Have not needed service though. Let us know the diagnosis.

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This morning on my way to work, my transmission started shifting very hard and sometimes would not shift at all. I was able to limp it home. I went to Phil Long Denver this morning to ask about my options for getting it serviced and getting a rental car etc.. he said it'd be at least 2 months before they could even look at it and could not give me a loaner or rental car. I asked him if he saw how this was an issue and his response was "well... its tough for everyone out there." I asked to speak to the manager and his response was "Okay? what do you want me to do about it?" while the other service advisors giggled. I'm not even mad at the 2 month wait time because they truly cannot control that, but they way I was treated there was ridiculous. I will never buy a ford again after this experience. Am I crazy in feeling like this is a completely unacceptable way to treat a customer?

So for now the car is just sitting in my driveway. Does anyone have any other ideas/options?
Definitely try a different dealership. I did my first oil change couple of weeks ago at my local dealership and I asked the advisor out of curiosity how long the wait was for mechanical failures, etc.. he said 24-48 hours for everything besides transmission issues which is a week out. I don’t understand how some dealerships have this long of a wait. I heard some dealers are prioritizing out of pocket repairs since it makes them more money. That might make sense given the advisor and manager’s attitude.

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would like to know what transmission you have, auto or manual?

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
@CUBuffs116 did you purchase from Phil Long Denver? Service preference to purchasing customers is definitely a thing at dealerships. Months of lead time there isn’t surprising. Have you tried a battery disconnect hard reset? Check your fluid level?
Sponsored