First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor, bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone running Toyo Open Country M/T or Nitto Trail Grappler M/T on their Bronco Raptor? If so which one and how do they ride and are they very loud? I currently use Open Country R/T on my F150 Raptor and love them. I was wanting a more aggressive tire on my Bronco Raptor. I think the Trail Grappler M/T has a little wider tread than the Open Country M/T?
Sponsored

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can't go wrong with the Toyo open country M/T. King of the hill of m/t tires with the exception of their weight as they are the heaviest in their class. I ran them on prior Raptors and they were great offroad. Yes they are loud, but no such thing as an aggressive mud tire that isn't road loud. I have since switched to Cooper STT Pro Discoverers as they are as aggressive as the Toyo, but lighter. In fact my 37" Coopers are 1 lb lighter per tire than my 35" Toyos were.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would go for BFG, but the soil of Central Texas is stonier, Louis.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have since switched to Cooper STT Pro Discoverers as they are as aggressive as the Toyo, but lighter. In fact my 37" Coopers are 1 lb lighter per tire than my 35" Toyos were.
People are saying good things about the STT. Looks like they only come in 13.5 width now.

Ford Bronco Toyo M/T or Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Screenshot 2024-05-07 140152

Sponsored

22 Spyder

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon mod (DD),2022 Porsche Spyder(weekend)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I got 45k+ miles out of my Nitto Trail Grapplers. They are the best, cost more but worth it IMO.

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have owned the Nitto, Toyo and the Cooper STT on various vehicles over time.

-Nitto 35x12.5 R17was very good on my 3/4t F250 and had over 30k miles on a heavy truck when I sold it- still plenty of miles.
-Toyo is great on my '75 Bronco street queen (37x13.5 R15). They are a heavy tire on a small vehicle and I can feel it in the brakes and steering. I also had them on my 3/4t 2500HD (35x12.5R20)and they wore out in 25k miles.
-Cooper STT were also on my 3/4t 2500HD (35x12.5 R20) and they lasted nearly 40,000 miles under this heavy truck. They looked good, performed well and I thought for mud tires, they were somewhat quieter than the Nitto or Toyo.

Alot of this doesn't directly apply to the Bronco... unfortunately the bulk of 17 & 18" tires are made with trucks in mind and are D or E rated with higher air pressures and tire weight (+20lbs each- 30%). Not ideal for a 'car' that weighs up to 3,000lbs less. You should get higher miles out of them on a Bronco, but you will likely feel them in the steering, suspension and brakes as I did with my '75 Bronco. Aire them down and get Forscan to adjust tire pressure requirements.

At this point,
  1. Know they will all be loud with the less than quiet hard top
  2. They will all challenge the steering and brakes more (how much- not sure)
  3. You will feel a difference in the suspension with the harder sidewall and higher air pressure
  4. they will be expensive.
Get what you like the looks of the best- if money is not an issue.

By the way- the BFG MT in 37x13.5 R17 is really the only tire in a similar weight range to the factory C range AT.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got 45k+ miles out of my Nitto Trail Grapplers. They are the best, cost more but worth it IMO.
+1 on the trail grapplers.
I love mine. They wear great, seem to last pretty long and aren't very loud at all for a big mud tire

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any MT tire is going to be noisier, especially as they wear.
if you’re not buying them for mudding look at the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Much quieter. I ran the Nitto M/T’s on my soft-top Jeep and sold them at 20K miles when they got noisier than hell.

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have any concern for weight or noise? That will play a factor between those two. Looks wise I think the RG are aggressive looking for how nice they ride, but the MT is king for its category and your ears will pay for it!

Sponsored

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Supercrew Platinum 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone running Toyo Open Country M/T or Nitto Trail Grappler M/T on their Bronco Raptor? If so which one and how do they ride and are they very loud? I currently use Open Country R/T on my F150 Raptor and love them. I was wanting a more aggressive tire on my Bronco Raptor. I think the Trail Grappler M/T has a little wider tread than the Open Country M/T?
I am on my third set of Toyo Open Country M/Ts on my F150. Just put the third set on. I have gotten 50k+ miles out of every set with regular rotations each oil change. Great and durable mud tire. They are heavy! They are pretty quiet until they get about halfway worn down. The center tread design of the Toyos (more perpendicular) affords a quieter ride over the Nittos (more parallel). The Toyos have outlasted and outperformed in the mud much better than the BFG M/Ts I used to run.
Still running the stock Goodyear Territories on my Badlands Sasquatch. Can’t wait to replace those rock throwers, but it is my daily driver so weight/mpg will be a factor.

Rocketship41

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor , 2022 Model S, 2022 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just went through this. Mounted the Nitto Trail Grapplers on my Bronco Raptor, they are a hair to wide for the stock rims. They rub and they were mounted correctly with the thin side wall on the inside. I did notice the weight difference too. It drove ok with the TGs, just a knuckle rub on full turn and looked a little big. I did not fully articulate with them, but I would imagine they would hit the fender too.

I paid the dumb tax, and mounted the BFG Mud Terrains and the small 37s fit perfectly.

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just went through this. Mounted the Nitto Trail Grapplers on my Bronco Raptor, they are a hair to wide for the stock rims. They rub and they were mounted correctly with the thin side wall on the inside. I did notice the weight difference too. It drove ok with the TGs, just a knuckle rub on full turn and looked a little big. I did not fully articulate with them, but I would imagine they would hit the fender too.

I paid the dumb tax, and mounted the BFG Mud Terrains and the small 37s fit perfectly.
On the Nitto- Where and how did they rub? Upper control arm at the bulge apex of the tire? Upper control arm at full lock? bumper, fender??

Got pics of the BFG MTs? How much clearance was there? was that 37x12.5 R17 or 37x13.5 R17?

OP
OP

mfrunlimited

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor, bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I see the Trail Grapplers are about an inch wider than Open Country MT

Rocketship41

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor , 2022 Model S, 2022 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I didn’t take very good pics. Wish I did.

The rub was on control arm. Enough to feel and hear it.

IMG_9154.jpeg

IMG_9295.jpeg

IMG_9188.jpeg

A01A6150-72A5-4FF7-892A-553074A90595.jpeg
Sponsored