Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you decide to take the full total loss settlement, ALWAYS ask for a full report of the valuation and comparables (should also be wildtrak) used in determining actual cash value of your vehicle. You have no idea how many times estimators and or adjusters miss options, (your running boards, body side moldings, fog lights “not ditch lights when you talk to insurance”, locking wheels, keyless entry, remote start, hard top, sky view roof, surround view cam, roll bar just to name a few that would be missed on this wildtrak) you know your car better than anyone and can spot when things are missed. Every option can add value and every dollar counts. Another thing is conditioning. Average condition doesn’t add or subtract BUT make sure they didn’t subtract for FAIR value and since it’s still pretty new you can push for dealer rating condition which adds value. Question the conditioning descriptions used to rate the headliner, dash, seats carpets, sheet metal, trim, paint, glass, engine, tires. Provide photos if you need to and have them show you photos if they subtracted value. These things need to be part of your negotiation to get money for your comparable replacement vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bluovlfan

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Totaled NOOOOOO! What now? 20230508_193325

When I got hit on the front corner it damaged the frame horn a little. Surprisingly with the minimal looking damage, the initial fix has been $15k and still getting more repaired. The killer has been the time. Going on 5 months for parts.

Feel for the OP. Good luck

MPN22BroncoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got rear-ended while I was at a full stop a month ago. We continued driving the Bronco around until we could get it into the shop. Just heard back from the shop, and with the damage to the frame, it's totaled. Looking for any advice on what to do next, take the insurance payout, and walk away? Repurchase it from insurance and try and get the frame pulled? Sort out a way to mount the bumper/tow hitch so that it's even? It's a bummer because it drives just fine, and we've only had it for about eight months. Yes, I know towing abilities would be compromised with this sort of damage.

A6E3AEEC-160C-4408-8B68-A2D2B3605D59.jpg

IMG_9937.jpg

IMG_9953.jpg
I got rear-ended while I was at a full stop a month ago. We continued driving the Bronco around until we could get it into the shop. Just heard back from the shop, and with the damage to the frame, it's totaled. Looking for any advice on what to do next, take the insurance payout, and walk away? Repurchase it from insurance and try and get the frame pulled? Sort out a way to mount the bumper/tow hitch so that it's even? It's a bummer because it drives just fine, and we've only had it for about eight months. Yes, I know towing abilities would be compromised with this sort of damage.

IMG_9937.jpg

IMG_9953.jpg

Take the payout and buy the truck back from the dealer. Then take it to a good body shop on your own and pay out of pocket to repair it. You will have a new SALVAGE title. If you plan to keep the truck for a long time who cares about the branded title

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the insurance company is totaled. They will sell to a salvage rebuild shop and they will repair it and sell it for big money. I would suggest seeking legal council.
So you think he should hire an attorney, wow. Sue happy people in this country.

Sponsored

Cloak

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Had this exact incident happen to my Bronco except USAA won’t total unless it’s over a certain percentage of vehicle’s worth. They ended up replacing the rear half of the frame and it runs and drives fine. Work was about $17,000. I can pull the repair papers if you’re interested.

yosemitesamiam

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, ZJ, hopefully a bronco soon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to question the insurance estimate without questioning the insurance estimate. Beside the damage shown in the pic, what else are they claiming is pushing it over the limit? Is the frame forward of that point tweaked? The rear section MB3Z-5F040-K is available as well as the whole frame NB3Z-5005-G. Unless there're some body panels damaged and not available or it needs the whole cab assembly, I'm not seeing a total loss there.
Not the same vehicle but just as a basis for how much it costs to fix a rig these days. My wife clipped the ATM teller pole in a blizzard late December in our 16 Suburban. Estimate went from $8800 to a finished total of $20,500 before it was done. She got the trailing edge of the rear door and rear quarter panel. Sheet metal and some crumple zone stuffs. No frame. $20k. Not even a whole vehicle repaint.

IMG_2310.jpeg

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IMG_9937.jpg

IMG_9953.jpg
You can blame the NTSB. I would weld those crush points in the rear if I could, they are so much weaker then they used to be just 10 years ago. Cars getting totaled for absolutely no reason 🥺

Sorry for your loss. Buy it back as salvaged from your insurance company.
Sponsored