Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like @Caleb@PandaMotorworks had something to say but deleted it ?

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 1.28.07 PM.png
He had written a post similar to the 2.3L thread that discussed methodology and had some dyno charts. You are correct that he deleted it for some unknown reason.
Sponsored

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He had written a post similar to the 2.3L thread that discussed methodology and had some dyno charts. You are correct that he deleted it for some unknown reason.
any idea if they were the 2.7L engine ?

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They were not, which is why it was deleted. My apologies, did not want to share misinformation. I assure you we are working on it.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to read the post as I was busy at work. By the time I was able to read it, he had already deleted it.

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed mine today on my 2.7L and I’m impressed. I couldn’t do the spark plugs today since I didn’t have my spark plug wrenches handy but testing maps 5 and 6 with 93 octane was a blast! I bought it mainly to help with towing and I believe it will do a good job with that. Around town though… that’s where the fun is :)

Sponsored

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed mine today on my 2.7L and I’m impressed. I couldn’t do the spark plugs today since I didn’t have my spark plug wrenches handy but testing maps 5 and 6 with 93 octane was a blast! I bought it mainly to help with towing and I believe it will do a good job with that. Around town though… that’s where the fun is :)
Spot on. It def. works and now the people (like me) who care about facts and figures want a more detailed view of the maps and dyno charts to better be able to compare this product to others on the market and others coming down the pipe (i.e. a Ford Factory Tune).

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would running a pedal commander interfere with this module at all? 2.3L specifically.

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ICYMI: Panda Power Module 2.7 tested with dyno results

If you haven't already, check out Eville Truck's video on YouTube going over our PPM on his 2.7 Bronco! Video link
We are glad to see people putting our PPM to the test with verified dyno results backing our power gain claims! He also has a thread about it posted here on Bronco6G, which you can visit to see his attached PDF of the dyno sheet.

Sponsored

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ICYMI: Panda Power Module 2.7 tested with dyno results

If you haven't already, check out Eville Truck's video on YouTube going over our PPM on his 2.7 Bronco! Video link
We are glad to see people putting our PPM to the test with verified dyno results backing our power gain claims! He also has a thread about it posted here on Bronco6G, which you can visit to see his attached PDF of the dyno sheet.
Okay. But still... why haven't you (Panda) posted up your analysis and breakdown of the PPM's performance metrics as previously discussed...

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Final post to add to this thread ...

It's clear by now that Panda Motorworks has abandoned ship and will not be providing the information that the promised a very long time ago. They've simply moved on....

The fact remains: I have yet to see any dyno which backs up their claim that this product has every made "Up to 20%" gains for either HP or TQ (at peak or otherwise under the curve in the rev band).

I've tried to manually to find peak gains from evilletruck who did a dyno pull and got to about 16.83% gain at ~5,500 RPM. He tried to reverse engineer the justifications/reasons why he never hit those 20% figures....

Ford Bronco The Panda Power Module is HERE! A 2.7L Tuning Solution by Panda Motorworks! DYNO_PPM

Of note: Panda has told me (directly) that they have added a 5% variance to take into account a multitude of variances in Bronco builds (i.e. tire sizes, lifts, armor, etc), ambient temperature, fuel octane, blahblahblah. Stating that they layer in a 5% variance could mean anything... it could mean they've taken the dyno gains and slapped another 5% on it, or it could mean something else that ultimately adds theoretical gains to substantiated gains..

Secondly, finally, and most importantly. Someone at Panda told me:

"At the end of the day numbers are just numbers and the most important thing should be the enhanced driving experience, which we feel like we have accomplished!"

Uhhh... yeah... it matters. It matters to people who want to cross shop other products as well (i.e. JB4 and possibly an OEM tune in the near future). Being a performance brand and company, I don't understand how anyone at the company could have ever made that kind of statement.

It. Matters.

Goodbye and Good Luck.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Final post to add to this thread ...

It's clear by now that Panda Motorworks has abandoned ship and will not be providing the information that the promised a very long time ago. They've simply moved on....

The fact remains: I have yet to see any dyno which backs up their claim that this product has every made "Up to 20%" gains for either HP or TQ (at peak or otherwise under the curve in the rev band).

I've tried to manually to find peak gains from evilletruck who did a dyno pull and got to about 16.83% gain at ~5,500 RPM. He tried to reverse engineer the justifications/reasons why he never hit those 20% figures....

Ford Bronco The Panda Power Module is HERE! A 2.7L Tuning Solution by Panda Motorworks! DYNO_PPM

Of note: Panda has told me (directly) that they have added a 5% variance to take into account a multitude of variances in Bronco builds (i.e. tire sizes, lifts, armor, etc), ambient temperature, fuel octane, blahblahblah. Stating that they layer in a 5% variance could mean anything... it could mean they've taken the dyno gains and slapped another 5% on it, or it could mean something else that ultimately adds theoretical gains to substantiated gains..

Secondly, finally, and most importantly. Someone at Panda told me:

"At the end of the day numbers are just numbers and the most important thing should be the enhanced driving experience, which we feel like we have accomplished!"

Uhhh... yeah... it matters. It matters to people who want to cross shop other products as well (i.e. JB4 and possibly an OEM tune in the near future). Being a performance brand and company, I don't understand how anyone at the company could have ever made that kind of statement.

It. Matters.

Goodbye and Good Luck.

To start this run was started late which in turns lowers peak TQ which is how you make HP.

A EcoBoost should be started at 2k not 2500 so to see 17% gains is still really good and very close to our 20% gain we are stating.

Even still these gains are great and you are only comparing peak #'s we are looking at under the curve for gains as well. This product fits the 2.3/2.7 and can have gians up to 20%. We never guaranteed that or stated it would always hit that. Why you may ask? variables, conditions, tires, fuel quality, every engine has a variance.

At the end of the day #'s are just #'s regardless of comparing a product or not. Why? because this is not a race car its a Bronco that needs a little extra pep in the step and we want to make sure you get that while maintaining 100% OEM Fail safes and reliability which you get with our product. If you READ THIS ARTICLE What It Means To Be Panda Tuned. You Will quickly find out we are never here for the peak # or the top # but the ultimate picture when looking at three things. Reliability Drivability & Power. (Hint: In that order too :) )

I really am sorry this product does not live up to your expectation but for the few hundred that have bought it it has and its the ultimate proof that it works as described and doing what we set out to do.

I appreciate all the bumping and research you have done for us! Good Luck with your Bronco

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep JB4 looks like it makes the most peak power from a piggyback, but... I have a friend running one of these on his new Supra and he already blew a turbo. It definitely made a lot of power until then though :sneaky:

It would have been better for the Panda team to have provided the 2.7 dynos up front, but I have no complaints about the performance of the module itself. Proof is in the pudding as they say.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep JB4 looks like it makes the most peak power from a piggyback, but... I have a friend running one of these on his new Supra and he already blew a turbo. It definitely made a lot of power until then though :sneaky:

It would have been better for the Panda team to have provided the 2.7 dynos up front, but I have no complaints about the performance of the module itself. Proof is in the pudding as they say.

We did provide a dyno run of the 2.7 up front! its on page 1 :)

but we did not have as many test runs as we did the 2.3 because we could not get one in house had to find one outside out network.

Glad you are enjoying the Module!
Sponsored