First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My neighborhood has about 15 Broncos (including a few Sports) and more than half are Area 51.
Wow, your DC neighborhood has 15 Broncos? That's awesome! Which area of the district?
Sponsored

Last edited:

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
After seeing this post I started really paying pattern attention to all the broncos I see ( I’m in SoCal, lots of broncos) 1 chili pepper red, one white, and a ton of gray blends…. I say gray/blue blends because ford has a couple colors that look similar in passing I have a hard time distinguishing. I have seen an eruption green a couple weeks ago and one or two of the dark gray.

I like the AGM, Area51, and in between colors very much, however in my area they seem as about common as a white wrangler, lost in the sauce if you will. So if subtly is desired then the blue/gray combos are an easy choice. Green, chili red or race red… even white will stand apart. Good luck with the decisions and remember, the only opinion that matters is yours! Cheers

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I really dig how the carbonized gray looks with the badlands grill, almost g wagon-esque. But then I see jeeps all day in that color and think to myself, I never see a jeep in eruption green. I'm torn !
Who cares what anyone else has! Get the one you like the most. If you base your decision on "the least popular colors", you will regret the decision once the serotonin hits from people saying "good choice" wear off.

Sponsored

HotRod76

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am curious what color the OP will land on. We were able to see every color before we landed on ours in the OP's area (granted this was a while ago). I almost went HPR.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time I see race red, I second-guess my CO choice. But I wouldn't say I like either of them better - they're just different good choices.

To me, the brighter blues come across as being on the younger side when I see them. Black makes it harder to appreciate your vehicle from a distance but it does portray a no-nonsense, rugged, in-it-for-the-functionality personality. The gray colors deprive the vehicle of some much-needed contrast: remember that it has big black tires and a big black roof that together make up a substantial fraction of the overall visible survace area from most angles.

One quick note: I can stand at the top of the Outer Limits trail at Killington and pick out my ride at the back of the Bear Mountain parking lot (IYKYK). You can't do that with black or gray. Comes in handy if you forget where you parked. In that sense, CO is a feature.

Pick the color that puts the biggest smile on your face when you see it. No one else can tell you which color that will be for you.

ATLien

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You’ll see my Eruption Green 2 Dr up in your area on tomorrow! :)

A few of us in the Georgia Club on here are meeting up at Nimblewell to hit up Old Bucktown Rd and a few other trails starting at 9:00 at that church if you know it.

You should join us as well, will be fun and hope a little muddy! 🤗
Thanks for the invite! Travel baseball this weekend. I'll bet it was muddy at Nimblewill. Good trail. Ran that a few times in my Gladiator and F150.

OP
OP

Johnko

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (in the market for Badsquatch 2 door)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who cares what anyone else has! Get the one you like the most. If you base your decision on "the least popular colors", you will regret the decision once the serotonin hits from people saying "good choice" wear off.
haha yes I have definitely self reflected that sentiment many times, and you're totally right.

OP
OP

Johnko

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After seeing this post I started really paying pattern attention to all the broncos I see ( I’m in SoCal, lots of broncos) 1 chili pepper red, one white, and a ton of gray blends…. I say gray/blue blends because ford has a couple colors that look similar in passing I have a hard time distinguishing. I have seen an eruption green a couple weeks ago and one or two of the dark gray.

I like the AGM, Area51, and in between colors very much, however in my area they seem as about common as a white wrangler, lost in the sauce if you will. So if subtly is desired then the blue/gray combos are an easy choice. Green, chili red or race red… even white will stand apart. Good luck with the decisions and remember, the only opinion that matters is yours! Cheers
Saw a race red driving to nashville this weekend and I gotta say, it looked good, sasquatch base with what looked to be a 1in leveling kid, thing was towering over our little sport. Thank you!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Johnko

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious what color the OP will land on. We were able to see every color before we landed on ours in the OP's area (granted this was a while ago). I almost went HPR.
I'm curious too lol. I'm giving myself about a month to month and a half before making my purchase, want to have the finances all in order and ready to be able to pay cash if I absolutely need to.

SlapnutsGT

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live at OBX so I see a lot of visitors to the island and the most common colors I see are green and black. Maybe more green than black. The carbonized gray is a close third.

Even tho my wife and neighbor both have white that's the one color I rarely see around here.

I have area 51 and only time I ever see that color is on bronco sports.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every time I see race red, I second-guess my CO choice. But I wouldn't say I like either of them better - they're just different good choices.

To me, the brighter blues come across as being on the younger side when I see them. Black makes it harder to appreciate your vehicle from a distance but it does portray a no-nonsense, rugged, in-it-for-the-functionality personality. The gray colors deprive the vehicle of some much-needed contrast: remember that it has big black tires and a big black roof that together make up a substantial fraction of the overall visible survace area from most angles.

One quick note: I can stand at the top of the Outer Limits trail at Killington and pick out my ride at the back of the Bear Mountain parking lot (IYKYK). You can't do that with black or gray. Comes in handy if you forget where you parked. In that sense, CO is a feature.

Pick the color that puts the biggest smile on your face when you see it. No one else can tell you which color that will be for you.
The slab side effect and lighting seems to impact Bronco more than other vehicles, in terms of paint color appearance. I've seen all the colors look good and sometimes mediocre, depending on angle/lighting/etc.

I might have gone race red if there was no such thing as direct sunlight, lol. Man is it bright in certain situations. I saw a neighbor's yesterday on a cloudy day though and it looked nice. I like my velocity blue, but still there are certain lightings where it looks better than other lightings. I've found that with pretty much all the Bronco colors, each has their lighting and angles that makes them shine.

EvilJim1971

Heritage
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The slab side effect and lighting seems to impact Bronco more than other vehicles, in terms of paint color appearance. I've seen all the colors look good and sometimes mediocre, depending on angle/lighting/etc.

I might have gone race red if there was no such thing as direct sunlight, lol. Man is it bright in certain situations. I saw a neighbor's yesterday on a cloudy day though and it looked nice. I like my velocity blue, but still there are certain lightings where it looks better than other lightings. I've found that with pretty much all the Bronco colors, each has their lighting and angles that makes them shine.
In direct sunlight the Race Red just about glows.
The white I added on the upper beltline and blacked out hood tames it down.
I reserved July of 20, original order was velocity blue, then Cyber Orange for 22, then Race Red for 23.
I'm not mad at all that it was the color that finally came thru.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
In direct sunlight the Race Red just about glows.
The white I added on the power part and blacked out good tames it down.
I reserved July of 20, original order was velocity blue, then Cyber Orange for 22, then Race Red for 23.
I'm not mad at all that it was the color that finally came thru.
Looks nice! Red is actually my favorite vehicle color, I own two other red vehicles. Velocity blue caught my eye after seeing it on the first Bronco I test drove, but can't go wrong with race red either.
Sponsored