First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX+Sas, 992 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a child of the 80's, I grew up with the dreaded swap-ass vinyl seats in the back of dad's wagon. It taught me a lesson... never will I have that material in any of my vehicles.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a child of the 80's, I grew up with the dreaded swamp-ass vinyl seats in the back of dad's wagon. It taught me a lesson... never will I have that material in any of my vehicles.
MGV is not your father's vinyl. 😁

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I the only one that knows that if you throw a towel over the seat it won't be as hot?

magic.gif
But then they can’t whine how hot the seat is😂😂😂

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But then they can’t whine how hot the seat is😂😂😂
LOL don't get me wrong I have forgot a towel when I had the top off and it certainly sucked for about 5 mins.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When it's hot out I flip the soft top back down when I'm going to be away from the Bronco for a while. Never come back to too hot MGV. I also got the towels that go over the seat (inexpensive from Amazon here) for when I don't want to do that. Works so far.

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco wannabe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco The moment you realized you should’ve gone with cloth seats CLOTH SEATS.PNG

Lots of myopic thought processes going on in this thread. I've seen this behavior often over the years at various forums. It's human psychology to become brand and product loyal, and defend your own purchase, e.g. "my plastic seats don't get too hot for me, they are the best, because my truck has them", or "my cloth seats are the most amazing thing ever and don't hold stains."

Everyone has different preferences, but as you can see in the image above, even Ford markets the benefits of cloth seats, namely that they are more temperate than plastic seat covers.

So lets put the myopic behavior behind us.

That said, am I correct in understanding that you can remove the factory vinyl and install cloth takeoffs? That might be a game changer for those of us that prefer cloth, seeing as Ford no longer offers it. Has anyone done so? Might be a good opportunity for the aftermarket community. I know katskinz and such do leather conversions but I don't want to spend $2k on this type of project, I'd rather reserve that cash for other mods, such as a winch!

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
CLOTH SEATS.PNG

Lots of myopic thought processes going on in this thread. I've seen this behavior often over the years at various forums. It's human psychology to become brand and product loyal, and defend your own purchase, e.g. "my plastic seats don't get too hot for me, they are the best, because my truck has them", or "my cloth seats are the most amazing thing ever and don't hold stains."

Everyone has different preferences, but as you can see in the image above, even Ford markets the benefits of cloth seats, namely that they are more temperate than plastic seat covers.

So lets put the myopic behavior behind us.

That said, am I correct in understanding that you can remove the factory vinyl and install cloth takeoffs? That might be a game changer for those of us that prefer cloth, seeing as Ford no longer offers it. Has anyone done so? Might be a good opportunity for the aftermarket community. I know katskinz and such do leather conversions but I don't want to spend $2k on this type of project, I'd rather reserve that cash for other mods, such as a winch!
+1. Physics. Cloth generally transfers heat/cold slower, thus less of a burning/freezing feeling to the skin. Conversely, cloth can be more difficult to keep clean, given all the spaces to collect dirt and soak up spills. So pick your poison.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I run with my top and doors off. I have the leather seats also. I bought a set of these off Amazon to combat swamp butt, and the hot seats. Seat cover

They work great for the cost.

Mike
Thanks for the link. They were sold out but I found another vendor on amazon that sold similar covers (probably the same covers since these are from China). Great fit and the price was great! Work great for after a work out or general seat protection. Thanks!!!!

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love the cloth seats. Only issue is it’s hard finding accessories that match when the seats and trim are gray and navy blue. No navy interior accessories…

Justinfro

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, Cayman S (987.2), 911sc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's a cheap seat cover option that I picked up a pair.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Urgently need some new seat covers for my car and have no ida where to look for them.
Any recommendations.
I’m looking at PRP seats but they aren’t cheap
Sponsored