Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You really think the tech comes from America?
The tech? Probably. A lot of good American engineers here. The parts? Probably not.

But I mean, come on, we got ours first, why do we not get the upgrades and refreshes first?

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of the drones are Chinese-design/made (DJI), right? Why is it a surprise they have it first? They can do that. They can collaborate with DJI to develop the API/interface etc.
I mean, I'm pretty sure I could find a compatible drone - if the tech works on their Broncos, bring it over here. Translating the app shouldn't be too difficult, unless it's an android auto or iPhone app only for the China market.

Sponsored

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like all of this should be available in the US. Also, this makes it clear that the graphics are there somewhere. Someone care to share their Forscan Config for the cluster with panda?

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mean, I'm pretty sure I could find a compatible drone - if the tech works on their Broncos, bring it over here. Translating the app shouldn't be too difficult, unless it's an android auto or iPhone app only for the China market.

If Ford brought it here, they would only be active if the vehicle was in park, windows rolled up, doors locked and you were wearing a condom.

That’s my biggest complaint about the Bronco. It was designed by lawyers.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple more union strikes and they will all be made in China.
As far as market?
China, estimated 1.8 billion potential customers.
USA, estimated 370 million.
Where would you want to sell?

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford brought it here, they would only be active if the vehicle was in park, windows rolled up, doors locked and you were wearing a condom.

That’s my biggest complaint about the Bronco. It was designed by lawyers.
Maybe lock it behind a GOAT mode and a few disclaimers - I've already got a drone capable of follow and GPS.
I'll have to wait until the Chinese market starts pumping their new toys into ours.
Maybe we can get someone to dump their modules once they start joining the forum here, haha.

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mean, I'm pretty sure I could find a compatible drone - if the tech works on their Broncos, bring it over here. Translating the app shouldn't be too difficult unless it's an Android auto or iPhone app only for the China market.
Compatible drone? Do you mean a third-party drone can be controlled by a DJI remote controller or app? Not sure that is possible.

Here is just my five cents. Since this guy mentions 8155, a SOC by Qualcomm. It means the Chinese version Bronco cabin system is basically a smartphone. If it is like a smartphone, you may able to use it to connect with either DJI remote or even directly with a drone (using a vehicle wifi or cellular module (DJI has an LTE addon module ) via an app) to follow and take selfies.

Most of these are software domains. I don't think it requires any special hardware. However, you still need lots of engineers to make it happen and I don't think Ford can do it by itself. Most likely it is the drone manufacturers who did it.

I think his point is you may be able to control the drone directly via the Bronco screen, just like Carplay.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn, wish we had that here.

I got used to the standard cluster but it was definitely one of my biggest gripes about the interior when I first got it
Same! I’m betting it will be apart of the refresh for the US version
There is a company that advertised around here on B6G that they have successfully swapped the display & are offering the upgrade for those interested.

But yeah no doubt it was the High level IP that was advertised up until actual production :sneaky:

Edit:
https://www.pandamotorworks.com/pro...-plug-n-play-full-digital-dash-conversion-kit

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know if a chicom VIN would show up in OASIS. Assuming Ford isn't stupid, they probably have the servers in north America completely walled off from the plant building the asian bronco. Any useful US tech in china is assumed to be stolen as part of that business relationship. Hard to believe they would incorporate self driving tech unless the com government has the kill switch to all of those vehicles. Same with the drone, they're scared of Tesla's cameras since they don't have full control of the data so I can only assume they have full view/control/access to the Bron-commie modem and Ford of asia data. Change my mind.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But yeah no doubt it was the High level IP that was advertised up until actual production :sneaky:
The High Level Instrument Panel (HLIP) that was promoted up until Job1 in '21 was never the gauge cluster. The HLIP was distinguished by a soft-touch surface. Engineers and the parts catalog refers what laymen call a dashboard as an instrument panel (upper and lower). Ford has quietly made the availability of the HLIP on MY'24 Badlands.
Sponsored