First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been lurking here for a while, posted for a while on the excitement side but wanted to place an order as all First Editions where called for.

Now I am ready to place an order for a MY22 but do not know which way to go, I have owned 2 Raptors, an 11 and a 18 which is my current ride. I really need the truck and can not talk the wife into trading in her 21 Explorer. So, I have two options. First, order a fully loaded WT/ 4 door with every option to trade in the Raptor or which I am leaning towards. Ordering a base manual model with tow and up lifter switches and taking it to a local custom shop and have some Fuels and Shocks put on it in a 2 door model. I like this option best and am leaning this way but the wife will really want to kill me if I don't have this planned out right. I really love the Bronco application of open air off road experience.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on your intended use...the base is a smoking deal IMO.

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatever you decide, you need to place your order ASAP. I placed mine in April and everyone on here believes it won’t arrive until the end of the MY22 deliveries.

Your second option sounds like you should just wait for the base manual Sasquatch option that may come. Keep in mind the 2dr will also take longer to get than the 4dr because of the top so if you’re hoping to get the car maybe by next summer you’ll want to get a 4dr soft top.

OP
OP

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Whatever you decide, you need to place your order ASAP. I placed mine in April and everyone on here believes it won’t arrive until the end of the MY22 deliveries.

Your second option sounds like you should just wait for the base manual Sasquatch option that may come. Keep in mind the 2dr will also take longer to get than the 4dr because of the top so if you’re hoping to get the car maybe by next summer you’ll want to get a 4dr soft top.
I don't like the looks of the 4 door models, and I would probably get the roof panels painted white or body color anyway. The manual SAS package would be nice and I am willing to wait till the MY22 anyway at this point it is what I want. Dealers are getting promo Broncos and you have to order them anyway. I am not sure when MY22 ordering starts maybe a month?

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't like the looks of the 4 door models, and I would probably get the roof panels painted white or body color anyway. The manual SAS package would be nice and I am willing to wait till the MY22 anyway at this point it is what I want. Dealers are getting promo Broncos and you have to order them anyway. I am not sure when MY22 ordering starts maybe a month?
September 13th is when ordering for MY22 starts with Dec 13th Being Job 1 for MY22 production.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
September 13th is when ordering for MY22 starts with Dec 13th Being Job 1 for MY22 production.
Cool, so hoping for some new colors and SAS pak on the manual models?

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, so hoping for some new colors and SAS pak on the manual models?
Yes, hopefully, but with how everything else has gone who knows.

That's what I would do if I had your choices, keep the Raptor and get a BaseManSquatch

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Relax, the way things are going, you’ll have a long time to figure out what you want.

OP
OP

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Relax, the way things are going, you’ll have a long time to figure out what you want.
So I guess my dealer telling me 90 days to go through production is not a good estimate.

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I guess my dealer telling me 90 days to go through production is not a good estimate.
It might take 90 days to get scheduled and built but it won’t be scheduled until all the buildable reservations from MY21 that got pushed to MY22 ahead of you are completed which at the moment will take a minimum of 6 months.

You won’t be able to paint your roof after the fact due to the material texture (supposedly). So you’d have to go third party or wait till the end of ‘22 or ‘23 for a painted one from the factory (from my understanding of what people have relayed on this site).

I agree the 2dr looks better, it’s what I ordered but I’ve debated switching to a 4dr soft top to get it more quickly as I am in need of a car (walking to work right now).

Look around on this site a bit, they’ve talked about some of the new colors possibly coming to MY22 including a different yellow instead of the cyber orange, possibly a green as well as a couple colors not being available.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It might take 90 days to get scheduled and built but it won’t be scheduled until all the buildable reservations from MY21 that got pushed to MY22 ahead of you are completed which at the moment will take a minimum of 6 months.

You won’t be able to paint your roof after the fact due to the material texture (supposedly). So you’d have to go third party or wait till the end of ‘22 or ‘23 for a painted one from the factory (from my understanding of what people have relayed on this site).

I agree the 2dr looks better, it’s what I ordered but I’ve debated switching to a 4dr soft top to get it more quickly as I am in need of a car (walking to work right now).

Look around on this site a bit, they’ve talked about some of the new colors possibly coming to MY22 including a different yellow instead of the cyber orange, possibly a green as well as a couple colors not being available.

Yes, I was going to use an aftermarket painter. Will do the color choices would be nice, I can not believe that they didn't bring back the classic colors of baby blue, and light green.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man, at least have your reserve down and you get time to decide what to order. No matter what you have to go online and pay that 100 dollars. Regardless, I would have done it even if you have doubts about pulling the trigger on your final decision. There are people probably placing reservations every day that are pushing you back. Know what I mean, Vern?

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been lurking here for a while, posted for a while on the excitement side but wanted to place an order as all First Editions where called for.

Now I am ready to place an order for a MY22 but do not know which way to go, I have owned 2 Raptors, an 11 and a 18 which is my current ride. I really need the truck and can not talk the wife into trading in her 21 Explorer. So, I have two options. First, order a fully loaded WT/ 4 door with every option to trade in the Raptor or which I am leaning towards. Ordering a base manual model with tow and up lifter switches and taking it to a local custom shop and have some Fuels and Shocks put on it in a 2 door model. I like this option best and am leaning this way but the wife will really want to kill me if I don't have this planned out right. I really love the Bronco application of open air off road experience.
maybe you should be talking to your wife rather than strangers... she is the one you have to live with after your decision...

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Keep the Raptor if you can. The Wildtrak has the Baja and Sport mode but if you plan on rock crawling need the sway bar disconnect that the Badlands has.
Sponsored